If an RC was an auto would ot be faster

runningonvenom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been reading that the auto challengers are faster then the 6 speeds in the standing 1/4 mile so you think if the viper trucks were autos would they be faster

Yessir few years back, ran a 48re, with a stand alone controller, still have the controller somewhere, pretty cool deal, launched like a beast, roast the tires about anywhere, actually what concvinced outnumbered to let us er a transform his qc a little,

dodge has done this for years, all your doing is basically what dodge didn do, but asctually did,

dam that don't even make sense to me:confused::damnmate:

But I have also heard that the Quad cabs that do the six speed swap feel more power with the swap. Is this wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i cant believe that a stock QC with 6-speed is faster than an auto...:confused:

my dreamtruck is a 2006 RC with auto...:drool:

Tony , u have pics in and out of your RC auto ?

We have seen that on a track in germany that two SRT 10 stock were racing and in top speed the RC had no chance against the QC.

We will have the chance to see and proof it during our next EURO SRT GTG :D

My QC is much faster than when it was an auto. Gained mileage, shaved weight, and am much faster on street /strip. Had a done a nice built auto and stall I'm still not sure I could be where I am now and street battles I prolly would lose.
Wouldn't go back auto unless it was a full out 1/4 mile only truck, then itd be Turbo400 or Powerglide ;)

i cant believe that a stock QC with 6-speed is faster than an auto...:confused:

my dreamtruck is a 2006 RC with auto...:drool:

Tony , u have pics in and out of your RC auto ?

honestly not sure if I do ? I will look , if not will grab some next time I see her:D shes in storage right now, just don't have the time to mess with her at all:eek:

My QC is much faster than when it was an auto. Gained mileage, shaved weight, and am much faster on street /strip. Had a done a nice built auto and stall I'm still not sure I could be where I am now and street battles I prolly would lose.
Wouldn't go back auto unless it was a full out 1/4 mile only truck, then itd be Turbo400 or Powerglide ;)
For roll races, it's hard to beat a bunch of torque through a T56. On the dragstrip, a good automatic holds a huge advantage. They aren't near as much fun though, IMO.

honestly not sure if I do ? I will look , if not will grab some next time I see her:D shes in storage right now, just don't have the time to mess with her at all:eek:
What engine does it have in it these days, Tony?

For roll races, it's hard to beat a bunch of torque through a T56. On the dragstrip, a good automatic holds a huge advantage. They aren't near as much fun though, IMO.

What engine does it have in it these days, Tony?

They hold the advantage in bracket racing but truck for truck, engine for engine the 6 speed would likely win till much higher HP applications. Autos gobble up torque and HP. Fluid transfer of power vs direct drive of a clutch.
That may not correct with newer 6/8 speeds but is like to personally race both after seat time with each and see times accumulated.
Kinda like Trainman in his 6 speed Caddy vs an Auto Caddy of same mods.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back