If an RC was an auto would ot be faster

Are we seriously talking about a track day in Houston? I'd fly down there for that. What dates work for everyone? How much is a one day track rental?

One day rental should be reasonable up here we get em from 1200-2000 a day

They hold the advantage in bracket racing but truck for truck, engine for engine the 6 speed would likely win till much higher HP applications. Autos gobble up torque and HP. Fluid transfer of power vs direct drive of a clutch.
That may not correct with newer 6/8 speeds but is like to personally race both after seat time with each and see times accumulated.
Kinda like Trainman in his 6 speed Caddy vs an Auto Caddy of same mods.
Last time out I ran a friend who had an auto CTS V , both cars drag radials, CAI and a tune. Mine was a 6-speed manual. His best was 11.87 @117 and mine was 11.85 @119......Bam!

Last edited:
and i bet that auto cts-v would run within a half a second all day long no matter what...

you sneeze between shifts and you've lost... 60% of the time, it works 100% of the time;)

Last time out I rand a friend who had an auto CTS V , both cars drag radials, CAI and a tune. Mine was a 6-speed manual. His best was 11.87 @117 and mine was 11.85 @119......Bam!

What was the 60' on each car for their best passes

and i bet that auto cts-v would run within a half a second all day long no matter what...

you sneeze between shifts and you've lost... 60% of the time, it works 100% of the time;)
Apparently you've missed most of my posts, there have been times when I have made 5 runs in the SRT-10 all within 5 hundreths of a second (.05), in the 10 years I've been racing the truck I have missed 3rd maybe 2-3 times (300 runs) other than when I had a mechanical issue (bent shift forks, twisted alignment pin, etc). Also so far in my CTS V (maybe 20 passes) not 1 missed shift.:rock: Oh , and I rarely lose...all things being equal!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back