Im getting 8 mpg . Is this normal

REPOMAN1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know we have talked about this before . But i have nothing major done to truck Mopar long tubes , bbk , cai , Sct , high flows , Mbrp . And i was at a show this weekend with Srt2slow ( Efrain ) who is getting like 15 with similar mods . I have had the 02 prob witch some of you know . Can that cause it ? Or are some of you guys getting the same mpg or close to it ? ..... PS i know there bad on gas to begin with not trying to sound cheep . But he is getting double the mpg . Thanks guys for any input

Last edited:
only normal for assholes lol

but seriously no that is not normal you have problems... should be doing much better than that, the mods you have done should help air flow which should help fuel mileage..

Maybe something to do with it being an 06? Don't suppose yours puts out abnormally low dyno numbers?

only normal for assholes lol

but seriously no that is not normal you have problems... should be doing much better than that, the mods you have done should help air flow which should help fuel mileage..

I know its gotta have something to do with the 02's . Eh

mine reads 9.3 but it always reads that highway miles and all. once I reset the unit it reads correct for a while then sticks to 9 mpg again.

I would pay more mind to how many miles you get per tank. I live and work on base. Its stop light to stoplight, 25-45 mph stop and go. I get 8.5-9 If i hyper mile it and shift at 2500 rpm i can squeeze just over 10. But on the highway its 18-19. When your tuned, that gauge gets less and less acurate. You need to reset your trip each tank and see.

I dont know what o2 issue your talking about, but if its the p0420 issue, its just the rears. And rears do nothing for your fuel timing curve. So no worries. Im about to get rid of my HFC mids and get catless. I will be having Torrie turn my rear o2 off.

I would also be checking my oil level each fill up and track how much oil shes drinking.

02 Is the front . i cant remember the codes i will get them . P1032 i think i will check

if you have a performance tune, your mileage will suffer... at least it did for me...

i got 8mpg this weekend pulling the work trailer up to NC for a job... buncha hills, and i wanted to run 80+ all the way... so that KILLS it... as soon as i got into town it picked up around 12 again pulling...

An oxygen sensor does not begin to read the proper o2 ratio until it gets 600 degrees. Suprisingly this can take some time. The heater accelerates this and also burns off deposits.

Being yours isnt working, deposits are building up and the probe reports lean mixture, the ECU fattens the mixture. Then your mileage goes to shit.

if you have a performance tune, your mileage will suffer... at least it did for me...

i got 8mpg this weekend pulling the work trailer up to NC for a job... buncha hills, and i wanted to run 80+ all the way... so that KILLS it... as soon as i got into town it picked up around 12 again pulling...

The stock tune is pretty rich in the middle. Leaning it out improves throttle response, and fattens your curve. Although they usually fatten up the top 4800 plus you dont spend much time there. If your tuner advanced your timing you would need less throttle to maintain cruise speed and since you are slightly leaner in the middle you should get slightly better mileage.

8mpg vs 15mpg. Over 50k miles at 3.60 a gallon

8mpg will cost $22,500
15mpg will cost $12,000

If you dont care, youd be a damn fooooool

8mpg vs 15mpg. Over 50k miles at 3.60 a gallon

8mpg will cost $22,500
15mpg will cost $12,000

If you dont care, youd be a damn fooooool

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

I know its not gonna be good , but if someone is getting double than theres something wrong

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:
Not to to mention that if you have lost a few mpg then there is a problem. I lost 2mpg when I did the SCT by Marty. A tune should improve mileage and efficiency ..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back