Im getting 8 mpg . Is this normal

no the Extensions are not the problem - the o2 sensors are not the problem, i have changed and replaced these on his truck 3 times - i even took the ones off my truck and put on his truck to see if it was the extensions and still got nada

we have been thu 3 sets of o2's - and yet the light remains on, i would like to trace all the wires back to see if there is a wire hung up, when i cked b4 i was not able to see a burnt wire or melted

with a CEL YOU WILL GET SHITTY mpg - bc it put the truck into limp mode "the computer reads a problem"

so if you getting 8mpg - you should be around 12 or 13 with the CEL off

just my .02$

Im hoping when we pull the intake off we find something . This is driving me crazy .

P0031-O2 SENSOR 1/1 HEATER CIRCUIT LOW - SRT10. Anybody know what 02 this is front back left or right ? Thank you

P0031 HO2S Heater Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1 maybe this will help . If someone can tell me what side front or back

My 05 QC with just a flash and catbacks showed anywhere between 8-9 all the time. Think the best I ever saw was around 13 on a real long highway trip.

But if something is causing you to get shitty mileage, I hope you can track it down. Good luck.

My o6 qc with sct catless and k&n gives me 11mpg and i drive it anyway i want:D

thewelshm

12 or 13

But with a little enthusiasm I can get that to 4 pretty easily!

Hey Repo, try to find yourself a gas station that is ethanol free. I have noticed slightly better mileage when I had my GTO and used ethanol free gas.

i can attest to ethanol free... makes a big difference for me... i only do it if i'm in a pinch or it's not available, but i usually go to the same place every time...

I can get about ten average highway/city at best lol keep trying to tell the wife that though that's the case the 6.3 it always says is necessary.

My 06 RC runs around 9 in town and 16-17 on the highway at 60 - 65. When my better half drives in town she dips to 8-8.5. (Heavy Foot!)

And with a little enthusiasm I have gotten as low as 3.5

If you are doing a lot of stop & go this can drag your milage way down. I hit 12 (YES 12!!) traffic lights between the house and work which is only 4.8 miles, Also with a lot of short trips you can drag your battery down and this plays hell on the ECU.

Hope younail it down and share the findings. :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back