Im getting 8 mpg . Is this normal

is that mileage figured by tank full to tank full or just the overhead?????

i'm gettin 12 to 13, 13 to 14 babyin the clutch, basic mods & Torries dyno tune

I know we have talked about this before . But i have nothing major done to truck Mopar long tubes , bbk , cai , Sct , high flows , Mbrp . And i was at a show this weekend with Srt2slow ( Efrain ) who is getting like 15 with similar mods . I have had the 02 prob witch some of you know . Can that cause it ? Or are some of you guys getting the same mpg or close to it ? ..... PS i know there bad on gas to begin with not trying to sound cheep . But he is getting double the mpg . Thanks guys for any input

Its called the haters of CE curse ,,:rock:

Thats the overhead reading .

might want to double check on paper, just to be sure.

& since no one else answered your question, YES O2 senors can screw with fuel mileage.

ever been behind a car that smells like rotten eggs???? thats from a "bad" O2 sensor

always check by math...

and what i meant by fuel... is that i do care... but i can't do anything about it... in this weekend's case, i didn't want to do 55-60... i wanted to do 80... and i was pulling a 5500# trailer up and down hills for a good portion of that... sometimes i'd have to go to 5th to keep the mph up... so that's up hill for numerous spurts at 80 in 5th... so 2800rpm+....

i normally get high 13's in the city... which was normally high 14's before the mods/tune... but i think i drive a little more aggressively now, too with the mods;)

My computer thingy reads me at 7.6 MPG, but I drive it maybe 1,500 miles a year, so I don't really care about gas mileage.

I think MPG should be a non issue if you are spending a bunch of money buying a limited production truck with a 505 cui engine!!!!!!:D

My computer thingy reads me at 7.6 MPG, but I drive it maybe 1,500 miles a year, so I don't really care about gas mileage.

I think MPG should be a non issue if you are spending a bunch of money buying a limited production truck with a 505 cui engine!!!!!!:D

Umm ok you obviously missed the point . But being from alaska i understand .

he is using the mpg thing to troubleshoot and see if there is infact a problem. not that he is unwilling to pay for gas becouse he only gets 8mpg

i gotcha bro

and i wouldnt worry about the fact it is an 06. my 06 tested a little on the weak side and i still got 17mpg at highway speeds. i think i got like 12 around town. and if i got on it and hadsome fun it was around 10-11 in town....but i had a full exhaust, so i would cruise in town at 2000rpms or over so it would sound like a beast. well worth the money to get the heads turned and jaws dropped:D

get a scanner and check the o2 mv and your fuel trims if you have had problems with your o2s change them or your next step should be looking or a vac leak

I know we have talked about this before . But i have nothing major done to truck Mopar long tubes , bbk , cai , Sct , high flows , Mbrp . And i was at a show this weekend with Srt2slow ( Efrain ) who is getting like 15 with similar mods . I have had the 02 prob witch some of you know . Can that cause it ? Or are some of you guys getting the same mpg or close to it ? ..... PS i know there bad on gas to begin with not trying to sound cheep . But he is getting double the mpg . Thanks guys for any input
Efrain must be driving 45 mph on the highway. QC aint gonna get 15 mpg, if u drive it at normal highwau speeds (70-80 mph). Mine was bonestock when I drove it home from Marietta, Ga. to Miami, got 12.6 mpg crusing home at around 80 - 85 mph. City driving, I would average about 8-10mpg. On top of that, you have an '06, so we weigh a bit more. So, is the 8mpg, highway or city? If it's highway, then yes, your O2 sensor issue is killing gas mileage.

The stock tune is pretty rich in the middle. Leaning it out improves throttle response, and fattens your curve. Although they usually fatten up the top 4800 plus you dont spend much time there. If your tuner advanced your timing you would need less throttle to maintain cruise speed and since you are slightly leaner in the middle you should get slightly better mileage.

Actually, it is the exact opposite. Lean through the middle and pig rich up top.

A plug in tune will improve the middle and still be safe rich up top. :)

Efrain must be driving 45 mph on the highway. QC aint gonna get 15 mpg, if u drive it at normal highwau speeds (70-80 mph). Mine was bonestock when I drove it home from Marietta, Ga. to Miami, got 12.6 mpg crusing home at around 80 - 85 mph. City driving, I would average about 8-10mpg. On top of that, you have an '06, so we weigh a bit more. So, is the 8mpg, highway or city? If it's highway, then yes, your O2 sensor issue is killing gas mileage.

i get 14.5- 15 on the highway at 65.... i dont speed too much with the kids...but at 75 i get 13.2- 13.9.... anything over 80 i get 10-12....i want to put a supercharger so i can get 21mpg like some people

SRT2SLOW said:
i get 14.5- 15 on the highway at 65.... i dont speed too much with the kids...but at 75 i get 13.2- 13.9.... anything over 80 i get 10-12....i want to put a supercharger so i can get 21mpg like some people

I can tell ya for sure, a Paxton won't get u better gas mileage. Lol. And no way, can I believe that a ROE is gonna get u 6 mpg improvement. Although Rick claims got 23 mpg on the highway, after installing his ROE. I'd have to see it to believe it.

I can tell ya for sure, a Paxton won't get u better gas mileage. Lol. And no way, can I believe that a ROE is gonna get u 6 mpg improvement. Although Rick claims got 23 mpg on the highway, after installing his ROE. I'd have to see it to believe it.

Yea i think he is full of shit too :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back