Im getting 8 mpg . Is this normal

Recommend you get to a good tuner and get it on a dyno. A good tuner can be sure that your engine is performing as it should and then to hell with worrying about mpg. Use poor mpg as a reason to get your tune checked...if any of you are worried about mpg you bought the wrong truck. If the mpg is down there is something wrong...get it fixed.

I think your missing the point Prof , Im saying someone is getting double so just trying to troubleshoot . Not worried about mpg

I often miss the point...that goes along with a drooping penis...:eek::eek::eek:

The fact remains that a good tuner will immediately see the problem on a dyno unless you have a fuel leak.

The problem is indeed your )2 sensors! Change them with BOSCH at autozone or wherever and do it ASAP. The connector atop the tranny takes some manuevering of hands to plug and unplug and often done by feel:(
It is well worth the performance and mileage you will get back in return.
Been there, done it!:rock:

I had Bosch and that was not it . So i went to the dealer and got oem and paid like almost 250 for them and still not it .

Is there a chance i have a leak in the headers ? And if so is there a way to check ?

Is there a chance i have a leak in the headers ? And if so is there a way to check ?

His code is for the heater circuit open. Wouldnt be a rich lean situation. If the element in the sensor is not bad, proven because he has swapped them.... it would have to be some wiring of sorts

I had Bosch and that was not it . So i went to the dealer and got oem and paid like almost 250 for them and still not it .

Guess I missed the part where you changed them after the code you had? The rears DO NOT affect fueling, only the fronts. Read you plugs and see what story they have to tell. ( rich)? I will go back and read all the pages of your thread and see if there is something I didn't see I can help ya with.
Since you DO HAVE headers, I would check the O2 wiring as well as all other wiring around the headers and make sure they aren't burned anywhere.
Is your check engine light now off?:dontknow:

No my light is on . Im gonna go to the truck now i stopped home real quick , and post the codes . Maybe that will help

Here are the codes
P0152-O2 SENSOR 2/1 CIRCUIT VOLTAGE TOO HIGH -
P0132-O2 SENSOR 1/1 CIRCUIT VOLTAGE TOO HIGH -
P0031-O2 SENSOR 1/1 HEATER CIRCUIT LOW -

Those are the 3 the SCT shows , but when i turn the key 3 times it only shows p0031 so im not sure why that happens but the SCT shows all 3

Use your SCT to clear the codes and go for a drive and see which are still current codes. Regardless, this is the issue for your poor mileage. I can promise that!;) These are indeed both your front O2 sensors.

Use your SCT to clear the codes and go for a drive and see which are still current codes. Regardless, this is the issue for your poor mileage. I can promise that!;) These are indeed both your front O2 sensors.

When i clear them with the SCT they come back on in like 30 seconds . I tryed setting it back to stock same thing . I put anti foulers on the front same thing , Replaced extensions , o2s , Im lost at this point . We even looked over all the wires and didnt see any spots where the melted . :dontknow:

When i clear them with the SCT they come back on in like 30 seconds . I tryed setting it back to stock same thing . I put anti foulers on the front same thing , Replaced extensions , o2s , Im lost at this point . We even looked over all the wires and didnt see any spots where the melted . :dontknow:

Definitely pull those anti foulers back out! They won't allow the O2s to read properly being out of the exhaust stream. That is a trick only for rears! I still have to go with something in the wiring?
Ok, there are a cheaper set of O2 sensors available most try to sell you that are universal and you have to splice them into your wiring! Hopefully you bought the plug in ones? The universal ones sucketh! The extensions for the headers you replaced with new as well? :confused:

Definitely pull those anti foulers back out! They won't allow the O2s to read properly being out of the exhaust stream. That is a trick only for rears! I still have to go with something in the wiring?
Ok, there are a cheaper set of O2 sensors available most try to sell you that are universal and you have to splice them into your wiring! Hopefully you bought the plug in ones? The universal ones sucketh! The extensions for the headers you replaced with new as well? :confused:

Yes the 02's are plug in i bought them from the dealer oem mopar . The extensions i got from tony . But the one behind the intake we had to trim down because it didnt plug in .

Yes the 02's are plug in i bought them from the dealer oem mopar . The extensions i got from tony . But the one behind the intake we had to trim down because it didnt plug in .

I would check the extensions and maybe put back the old ones and see if the codes change any? Shouldn't have had to trim anything? Wonder if it bent a pin? Also check all the grounds around there to ensure the O2s are getting a good ground. Not sure where they are grounded but there are many locations of grounds on our 10s.

The extension plug didnt match up top the plug behind the intake . Ive had 5 diff extensions they all have the same plug .

Extensions seem to be the culprit. i cant figure out why the extensions you bought, dont plug and play with driver and passenger. I would take your old set of o2 sensors, plug them in the wiring harness directly, and lay it where it cant touch anything. Clear the code, Crank it up, with the current o2 sensors still filling the hole.

See if the light comes on in 30 seconds. Im willing to bet it wont.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back