IndyCoder Improving !!!!!

Great news Kevin. Please let Phil know we are all pulling for him to return.

Bill.

Go Indy!!!! - Go Phil!!!! Go Indycoder!!! Go Phil Smith!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :D

Get home soooon and keep up the ball squeezing :star: :dancing:

Well Kevan it was very nice of you to let Phil squeeze you ball. Great news to hear!!

FlyingLow said:
Well Kevan it was very nice of you to let Phil squeeze you ball. Great news to hear!!
I was hoping Phil would not squeeze the wrong ball and hurt himself! - Now we know Kevan will be there for him ............ :D

Sorry, had to say it. Thank You for the updates Kevan! :rock:

Great news. Phil, continue to make daily progress and get yourself home.
Kevan, thank you for everything that you have done.

UPDATE!

I got to spend an hour with Phil today and man, things are really looking good!

He's WIDE awake now that he's off all the hardcore medication. He kept asking "Who are you?" (via lip reading). LMAO I can understand though- Phil only met me 18 hrs. before his accident, and then we only hung out for a couple of hours. I wouldn't know who me was either. LOL

I explained to him who I was, where we met, a couple of hotties at the restaurant we were at...and he began to remember a little. The smiles confirmed that for me.

The trachea tube is still in, but that seems to be the only down side. His left arm and both legs are working great, but we knew that already. The awesome news is that his right arm and hand are coming back...and they're coming back strong! He 'shook my hand' today and then began to grip it, quite firmly. All 4 fingers and the thumb. Then he began to turn his arm and wrist....and then it got awkward. It was like he was trying to put some sort of ju-jitsu move on me and twist my arm around. LOL I didn't care though; if he broke my arm at least there were hot nurses near by. :)

Phil's mom dug out the squeeze ball from the other day and we gave it to Phil.
He was transferring it between hands!!!!
He squeezed it in his right hand, and showed us!!!!
....and.....this is the coolest part:
He played catch with his mom and Cameron at the end of the bed!!!!!

That was so cool. Given, he's not 100% with throwing but it's a huge step. His reflexes when trying to catch it were really, really good. I'd say about 95%. He was really trying to catch it. It was really great to see that.

Oh, Boomer....I told Phil, "Boomer is going to have a BBQ for you. You just have to call him up and set the date and time. He'll fire up the grill and call the Hooter girls." Phil smiled hard at that one. Better get those burgers and dogs ready. :D

This was probably my last visit with Phil here in Columbus. They're talking about trasferring him back to Indianapolis next week and I'll be out of town. I let him know that I'd come by Indy and see him when I was over there on business.
He smiled and waved goodbye.

Glad to hear that he is doing better. Still hard to believe the extent of his injuries were all a result of a scooter accident.

outnumbered said:
Glad to hear that he is doing better. Still hard to believe the extent of his injuries were all a result of a scooter accident.
Don't underestimate those scooters. I crashed within 15 seconds of riding them. They are (Gas powered) unstable, maneuverable and very fast.

Kevan said:
UPDATE!

I got to spend an hour with Phil today and man, things are really looking good!

He's WIDE awake now that he's off all the hardcore medication. He kept asking "Who are you?" (via lip reading). LMAO I can understand though- Phil only met me 18 hrs. before his accident, and then we only hung out for a couple of hours. I wouldn't know who me was either. LOL

I explained to him who I was, where we met, a couple of hotties at the restaurant we were at...and he began to remember a little. The smiles confirmed that for me.

The trachea tube is still in, but that seems to be the only down side. His left arm and both legs are working great, but we knew that already. The awesome news is that his right arm and hand are coming back...and they're coming back strong! He 'shook my hand' today and then began to grip it, quite firmly. All 4 fingers and the thumb. Then he began to turn his arm and wrist....and then it got awkward. It was like he was trying to put some sort of ju-jitsu move on me and twist my arm around. LOL I didn't care though; if he broke my arm at least there were hot nurses near by. :)

Phil's mom dug out the squeeze ball from the other day and we gave it to Phil.
He was transferring it between hands!!!!
He squeezed it in his right hand, and showed us!!!!
....and.....this is the coolest part:
He played catch with his mom and Cameron at the end of the bed!!!!!

That was so cool. Given, he's not 100% with throwing but it's a huge step. His reflexes when trying to catch it were really, really good. I'd say about 95%. He was really trying to catch it. It was really great to see that.

Oh, Boomer....I told Phil, "Boomer is going to have a BBQ for you. You just have to call him up and set the date and time. He'll fire up the grill and call the Hooter girls." Phil smiled hard at that one. Better get those burgers and dogs ready. :D

This was probably my last visit with Phil here in Columbus. They're talking about trasferring him back to Indianapolis next week and I'll be out of town. I let him know that I'd come by Indy and see him when I was over there on business.
He smiled and waved goodbye.

Thanks for the update Kevan, really great news he has improved. It will be a great relief for him, and the family to finally get "home".
Your time and dedication to this has been second to none bro. Can't thank you enough for everything.

Bone said:
Don't underestimate those scooters. I crashed within 15 seconds of riding them. They are (Gas powered) unstable, maneuverable and very fast.

You don't need to tell me twice....

I think I'll stick to walking

Jeff

Kevan,
Thanks for providing all of the updates about Phil.

I think it is awesome that you are spending the amount of time you are with him and his family. YOU ARE AMAZING!!

Anyone know if Phil was moved yet? :dontknow:

Hang in there Phil!!! :dancing: :star:

Great news Kevan!! That is such great and encouraging news. It will be good to get him transfered and back to his home town. That will help him a bit. Can't wait to meet him at next years NATS. And you too, for all that you have done for him and the forum in keeping us informed. Thank you!!!

Stretch

Kevan, Thanks man for ALL that you have done for us. Truly awesome!! With all this improvement hopefully we will see Phil back on here soon. Get well and hurry back Phil.

Wifey said:
Anyone know if Phil was moved yet? :dontknow:

Hang in there Phil!!! :dancing: :star:

Did we ever get this question answered? Has he been moved?

FlyingLow said:
Did we ever get this question answered? Has he been moved?
No update yet from Chip or Phil's wife...Give em some time to get things in order and I am hopeful they will post up :D Hurry up Phil Damn it, we are all pulling for you :rock: :rock:

TheSickness said:
No update yet from Chip or Phil's wife...Give em some time to get things in order and I am hopeful they will post up :D Hurry up Phil Damn it, we are all pulling for you :rock: :rock:

I just sent him another card and some pics this week. I'm just wondering if he got them or if they got there to late.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back