Into the wild blue yonder..........

wesalbert said:
They are annoying, but no worse than if you get stuck in the clouds.
Had alot of fun today though. I liked doing a wheelie down the runway. It was cool to have the plane lift off so slow.
Then the short field was cool to see how quick a 172 will actually climb. We were at 700ft by the end of the runway.

STFU!!! You're making me miss it:( :eek: :D It's a blast man. Crazy how little runway you need to take off in the 172.

LoveThisTruck said:
STFU!!! You're making me miss it:( :eek: :D It's a blast man. Crazy how little runway you need to take off in the 172.

lol, when ya come down, go by there and go for an hour or two. I can get you in with my instructor.

wesalbert said:
lol, when ya come down, go by there and go for an hour or two. I can get you in with my instructor.

It'd be cheaper to just go up with you lol. So hurry up and get your license:D

It will probably be after the 1st of the year. I have been going every other week for a couple hours. That will put me at Dec 31st as hopefully my last lesson. Then some solo time.
Then check ride and written
If I sell the boat or sandrail or something, then I would go more and finish before the years up. Would be nice to say I finished in less than a year.

wesalbert said:
It will probably be after the 1st of the year. I have been going every other week for a couple hours. That will put me at Dec 31st as hopefully my last lesson. Then some solo time.
Then check ride and written
If I sell the boat or sandrail or something, then I would go more and finish before the years up. Would be nice to say I finished in less than a year.

It's a great feeling when you can just take off, and basically do whatever you want. It's also a lot of fun scaring the shit outta your friends when you stall the plane:D

I know it's a dick move, but I gotta say it...... I finished in 5 weeks:p

LoveThisTruck said:
It's a great feeling when you can just take off, and basically do whatever you want. It's also a lot of fun scaring the shit outta your friends when you stall the plane:D

I know it's a dick move, but I gotta say it...... I finished in 5 weeks:p

Hell, I remember when I posted this I wanted to be done in 3-4 months..... yea, took a bit longer.

wesalbert said:
I have been up plenty of times before in twins. This was just the first time I was able to log a flight :D
No pics, the wife is sick and my neighbor was working. No biggie, there will be plenty of more time to get pics.
Plane time (wet) is $78 for a 152, $99 for a 172 w/GPS, $102 for a 172R, $120 for a 172SP TRFC/WX/AC (this is what I took today), $130 for a 172SP w/ G1000, $185 for a 182 G1000, and $135 for a Piper Arrow. Time for the instructor is $50 an hour.
It was actually a good day. We practiced straight and level flight. Maintain heading and altitude, turns, turns while assending, turns while decending. Of course it got a bit bumpy when we were doing the decending turns. Just made it more exciting. Going for lesson 2 maybe Wed and lesson 3 on Friday then 4 on Sunday. Depends on how work is this week.

dude, 3 lessons, thats gettin pricey aye?

scoobert said:
each person is different, but 40 hours is the average.

Whoever told you 40 is average is lying. 40 is minimum. 50-65 is the average now.
I got plenty of info to back that up.

oh, i knew i heard 40 was something. i hope to be solo at 15 :p i have not really been taught landings yet, and i am stewing about that. actually i am super pissed, thats what i want to learn most.

How many hours do you have and what all have you done? Chances are you will solo closer to 20-25 hours.
I was landing by my second lesson. I probably have done 90 or so landings by now. Not sure of my hours. Maybe 30.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back