Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran my Truck yesterday
R/T - .604
60' - 2.264
330 - 6.198
1/8 - 9.382
MPH - 77.82

The only mods i have is a K&N CAI, BBK Throttle body, Flow Master and Stock tires. What should I do to improve my times.

Tuners just dont do much for RC's. headers are sweet for sound, and you gain a liitle hp, but for the price some dont think it is worth it.

basically, there is no cheap way to get power to these beasts. so you need to decide now how far you want to take it and how much money you want to spend on it. then decide if that is what you want to do or not.

Tuners just dont do much for RC's. headers are sweet for sound, and you gain a liitle hp, but for the price some dont think it is worth it.

basically, there is no cheap way to get power to these beasts. so you need to decide now how far you want to take it and how much money you want to spend on it. then decide if that is what you want to do or not.

Geo is correct on the RC the tuner doenst do what it does to the QC but most will say it is still worth the money + you can read check engine lights and stuff which is always a plus and you can also have up to 3 tunes so maybe 1.stock, 2. performace, 3. tow and or gas mileage

And im in that same crowd when it comes to thinkin headers are over priced. Lucky for you livin here in socal because my fabricator is workin on a custom set for me and we will be doing some testing and if they work out they be MUCH MUCH cheaper then the high end ones

Geo is correct on the RC the tuner doenst do what it does to the QC but most will say it is still worth the money + you can read check engine lights and stuff which is always a plus and you can also have up to 3 tunes so maybe 1.stock, 2. performace, 3. tow and or gas mileage

And im in that same crowd when it comes to thinkin headers are over priced. Lucky for you livin here in socal because my fabricator is workin on a custom set for me and we will be doing some testing and if they work out they be MUCH MUCH cheaper then the high end ones

Keep me posted on the custom headers.

Do the cal tracs affect handling in a road racing?

never really been into road racing but from what ive heard you want the chassis to be stiff so caltracs may help with with that also, but mainly going to help the truck hook from a dig and get you out of the hole when you laugh it

Will the SCT tuner with torries generic tunes be ok or should I get my truck dyno tuned?

Last edited:
Will the SCT tuner with torries generic tunes be ok or should I get my truck dyno tuned?

Yeah Torries tunes from what i have been told are pretty awesome but since you are in LA you could always have DC PERFORMANCE tune your truck in house :rock::D

When I take off I do get some wheel spin.

The Caltracs will stop most of that. Venomous1 even added the 3rd shock to stabilize his rear end a little
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f8/kicker-shock-anti-wheelhop-shock-quad-cab-lowered-49554/

Last edited:
Do they also use the SCT tuner to do the tuning and do you happend to know pricing?

Im sure they can use any tuner or reflash your pcm without a handheld, but id recommed using a handheld that way you can always put back to stock yourself if you need to do warranty work or if your going on a long drive and want better gas mileage. I accually been referred to them numerous times but i dont have my truck running right yet, so i havent brought it to them yet. I do plan to have them tune once the truck is running right because they have been well known in the VIPER community for a looong time. Im sure you can just call them for pricing though.

Back