Irwindale Dragstrip

Brand new wheels and tires. I was planning on using them but went to a DTS rear end with SVO calipers so I can go to a smaller 15" wheel.

PM sent.

I ran my Truck yesterday
60' - 2.264
1/8 - 9.382
MPH - 77.82

The only mods i have is a K&N CAI, BBK Throttle body, Flow Master and Stock tires. What should I do to improve my times.

First Run:
60' ........ 2.316
1/8 ....... 9.249
MPH ...... 77.88
Second Run:
60' ........ 2.225
1/8 ....... 9.187
MPH ...... ??.??
Third Run:
60' ........ 2.139
1/8 ....... 9.800
MPH ...... 53.92
Fourth Run:
60' ........ 2.398
1/8 ....... 9.676
MPH ...... 75.54
Fifth Run:
60' ........ 2.296
1/8 ....... 9.554
MPH ...... 75.54

Aside from the inconsistencies, these times are nearly spot on what i put down 2 weeks ago with minor bolt ons. Except i have heavier 06 with a bedcover.
60'......2.22
1/8......9.33
MPH....75.37

Aside from the inconsistencies, these times are nearly spot on what i put down 2 weeks ago with minor bolt ons. Except i have heavier 06 with a bedcover.
60'......2.22
1/8......9.33
MPH....75.37
When I ran I also had a tonneau cover and it was a fiberglass one with the bed rug too boot. If I hadn't missed the shift on the 3rd run I would have been 8's in the 1/8 and mid 13's in he 1/4 for sure.

Will you be running the srt10. I can probably make it out there around 6 pm.
No, I sold it a couple months back. So, I will be taking the Silverado this time then next time the Hemi.

Chevy400SS1.jpg

Went out to a deserted street to test the 150 shot of nitrous and the bottle was almost empty. I drove home to get the spare bottle and while going up the driveway the yolk on the drive shaft broke. If my friend can fix it in the morning I will race the truck otherwise I will just go watch.

Went out to a deserted street to test the 150 shot of nitrous and the bottle was almost empty. I drove home to get the spare bottle and while going up the driveway the yolk on the drive shaft broke. If my friend can fix it in the morning I will race the truck otherwise I will just go watch.

At least it broke in the driveway lol. When i broke my driveshaft i was in sight of my house too and coasted to the driveway :D

I will be heading to irwindale on Thursday. I have 2 L's that want to race me. I will see what kind of time I can do with the SCT tune. One of the L's has cams and a aftermarket S/C and the other I think is stock with some drag radials. So we will se what the 10 can do against the L's. It should be fun.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back