Jtsvp coils and wires

Viper83101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be doing a nitrous install in the very near future and I was wondering if it would be beneficial to me to install the demon coils and ignition wires from JTSVP while im doing the install. Is it really worth the upgrade?

VENM505

I would say yes if they've never been changed. whether or not you go with the non OEM or do OEM is up to you. No doubt that aftermarket wires look better than OEM

coils.......?????

I'll keep my opinion to myself on that one

I would say yes if they've never been changed. whether or not you go with the non OEM or do OEM is up to you. No doubt that aftermarket wires look better than OEM

coils.......?????

I'll keep my opinion to myself on that one
By all means Jeff, opinions are what im looking for as far as the coils go. Trying to figure out if its worth the money or not.

VENM505

Many have claimed that the coils don't make a difference. I have no personal experience with them so can't comment either way.

I got the demon coils and am installing them this weekend.

I'll let you know if there is a difference.

By all means Jeff, opinions are what im looking for as far as the coils go. Trying to figure out if its worth the money or not.

VENM505

Cost vs benefit.....

Just don't think it's worth the cost for the achieved benefit

(pure opinion).

It really is your call, I just know I wouldn't.

i got to install the first set of coils for Tony.

i did a before & after dyno for him.

the weather was dam close for bein a day apart & had the same operator.

the biggest thing that impressed the owner of the shop was how it smoothed out the power & torque curves all through till the top end.
he showed me a pull from a nicely set up Viper & it was choppy as hell.

& if memory servers showed a 4 h.p. & 10 ft/lbs torque.

for me the seat of da pants dyno is when she hits the power band, she comes on much stronger the with with the stock coil packs.

:rock::rock::rock:

Our coils support over 1500hp why change them? A good set of wires is a great investment and use stock plugs for now till you install nitrous. Then you'll install colder NGKs ;)

Cost vs benefit.....

Just don't think it's worth the cost for the achieved benefit

(pure opinion).

It really is your call, I just know I wouldn't.
Yea especially if the stock coils are good enough for the application im gonna be running

VENM505

Also, speaking of colder spark plugs...does it hurt anything to run the colder plugs even though 90+% of the time im not even gonna be on the nitrous?

VENM505

I've ran colder plugs on my gto and tbss and only used nitrous a handful of times. Never any problems.

You'll be down a hair using colder plugs and NA but you must have them when spraying! You can get the NGK from me or your local parts house bud.

I look at it this way. You have to pull the intake to change the wires. If your truck has some miles on it, the small investment for the coils is like insurance. And not all that expensive when you consider the cost of gaskets and labor [even yours] to pull the intake.

--CC

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back