Jtsvp coils and wires

Do I have to disconnect the fuel line to move the intake? Or can I just lay it out of the way?
Ive read alot of the how-tos and you will def have to remove the rails with the injectors but wont have to actually remove the incoming fuel line from the rails.

VENM505

Ive read alot of the how-tos and you will def have to remove the rails with the injectors but wont have to actually remove the incoming fuel line from the rails.

VENM505

My apologies that's what I meant. Remove the rail and injectors from the manifold, but not disconnect the fuel line.

Id rather not crack open the fuel line if I don't have to.

My apologies that's what I meant. Remove the rail and injectors from the manifold, but not disconnect the fuel line.

Id rather not crack open the fuel line if I don't have to.
Yea man from what ive read, you dont have to disconnect the incoming fuel line. Just pull off the rails and lay them out of the way

VENM505

Can someone tell me exactly how many bolts hold down the intake manifold? I am gonna order new bolts and I know they are 1/4x20x1" but just dont know how many im gonna need. Also, does each bolt have a washer on it as well? Flat washer or lock washer?

VENM505

Can someone tell me exactly how many bolts hold down the intake manifold? I am gonna order new bolts and I know they are 1/4x20x1" but just dont know how many im gonna need. Also, does each bolt have a washer on it as well? Flat washer or lock washer?

VENM505

shoot me your email address in a PM or post it here and I will send you all the info you will need.

Email sent. Let me know if it came through and if it is readable on your end.
Yea I got it and I can read it just fine. Thanks again. I do have one quick question though. Im not planning on removing the incoming fuel line from the fuel rail so that means I can bypass having to worry about pressurizing the fuel system after reinstallation correct?

VENM505

Yea I got it and I can read it just fine. Thanks again. I do have one quick question though. Im not planning on removing the incoming fuel line from the fuel rail so that means I can bypass having to worry about pressurizing the fuel system after reinstallation correct?

VENM505

you can, but pressurizing the fuel system will take a few on/off key cycles. I personally would just remove the fuel line and take the rail and injectors with the intake manifold.

Send me that email to andy. Or text it to me. I'll get bolts too cuz i'm going mine on Saturday.

you can, but pressurizing the fuel system will take a few on/off key cycles. I personally would just remove the fuel line and take the rail and injectors with the intake manifold.
Well im planning on painting my intake manifold while ive got it off so I have to take rails and injectors off anyway. I would just rather not take the main fuel line off of the rails if I can help it that way the system stays pressurized

VENM505

Installed the coils.

Manwhat a PITA. Some of those rear intake bolts are a real pain. I'm gonna make some tools to make the process easier.

In other news. The truck defiantly feels better with those coils!

Installed the coils.

Manwhat a PITA. Some of those rear intake bolts are a real pain. I'm gonna make some tools to make the process easier.

In other news. The truck defiantly feels better with those coils!
Thats awesome to hear, well besides the PITA part. Glad she feels better. Im gonna start my tear down tomorrow

VENM505

I don't know why people always say the intake manifold is so hard and needs special tools. Maybe some of you shouldn't touch the truck. I already said what u need and shouldn't take no more than 30-40 mins to take off unless your retarded.

I don't know why people always say the intake manifold is so hard and needs special tools. Maybe some of you shouldn't touch the truck. I already said what u need and shouldn't take no more than 30-40 mins to take off unless your retarded.

Not retarded. Just cautious. Dropped the 11mm socket several times- 11mm wrench several times.

Install is more time consuming that removal.

Now that I have done it before- removal will go much faster. Probably- as you said 30-45 mins.

11 mm???

our engines are not metric

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back