Just disgusted by the forum lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Seems like a lot of people taking stuff way too personally. I say we drop the subject and let things get back to normal. Hope it's not too late for that. I love this place.

Last edited:
ChrisAZ said:
Wow. Seems like a lot of people taking stuff way to personally. I say we drop the subject and let things get back to normal. Hope it's not too late for that. I love this place.

They only do because they love it here that much...its okay. They just have to get it out and then they are good.;):nurse:

Everyone's taking this shit a bit too personally..... I think it's safe to say that Jack's problem was with Mikey and that's all....

Sure, if you have suspicion that you've been overly hostile or rude to someone, then stop it..."a word to the wise is sufficient". But for anyone but my bro Mikey to take this a being directed at them.... Well, it's not..

Period...end of discussion....

Now, I have to figger out how to break up with a fkn Yettie, already......

Lord, Jesus help me............... :eek:

D

includemeout said:
Like the conversation I was having with jelms the other night on the other thread. We come from two totally different back grounds and beliefs and we were able to discuss it in a rational manner without bashing, name calling and still having due respect for each other. I like philosophical and technical discussions and I really don't enjoy much of the vulgarity or disregard for other peoples points of view - we all need to tone it down before this place is ripped apart.

I completely agree includemeout, I did enjoy the back and forth and was able to learn a little about you.

The only thing that does concern me a little is the banning of certain topics. Without political threads how would any of us learned that Prof is a Hillary loving republican:dontknow: I have posted on lots of different none truck related off topic threads and have always tried to be respectful. There might have been one or two times I crossed the line and I apologize to anyone that I might have upset, it was never my intention.

I for one have a thick skin and I am pretty sure I'm a minority on the forum, from my environmental views to politics and religion. I do take some heat from time to time, but do enjoy a good respectful debate.

I do love this place as a one stop shop to talk about all kinds of subjects including our wonderful truck:D

-jeff

Last edited:
Silverback said:
And Jeff. I have not told you this lately, but I love you big guy. Hope to see you again in the future.

John, it was my pleasure to meet you. There are a lot of things I regret about that day. One, I didn't spend enough time getting to know everyone there better.

I'm not going anywhere. I'm just going to scale back some of the posting I do. I will be here everyday, probably just as much as always. But unless I have something to add that is directly related to the topic at hand, I will just read.

I just hope that everyone that has planned to go on the GTG's that are coming up will still do so. This event that we have endured will pass if we let it. Some of our members will stomp off , others may leave because some of us acted poorly (I could have used stronger words but choose not too).

My hope is that we all do a little soul searching and try to understand that we all could have handled this better.

All of us.

And Yes John, I too have much luv for you and hope to be able to chat with you in person again some day.

This is for IZ......

Not that is makes much difference in what may have happened. I would like to apologize, I may not have been directly involved in the comments that were made, but I didn't do anything to stop it either. I continued to post which I believe added fuel to a situation that was intolerable.

I believe that one can learn from there mistakes and become a better person. Give us all a chance to be better people.

IZ, min sincerest apology

Jeff

Anyone who quits the forum over something like this, just doesn't love this place enough......

Families have their ups and downs......

Suck it up.........

God bless you, Mikey....wherever you are.........

D

Django said:
Anyone who quits the forum over something like this, just doesn't love this place enough......

Families have their ups and downs......

Suck it up.........

God bless you, Mikey....wherever you are.........

D

Great post D.

I support Mikey all the time. I have been on the bad end of a post or two of his and took it as he meant it. He is not a hater, he has an online persona that I appreciate.

I've been called out by many people including you and appreciate it. We are family and might disagree but in the end we respect each other.

-jeff

This whole thread might be because of me:eek: I don't know crap about puters! And I just tried to find the "off topic" section and I can't:( Please help:eek: And I hope it is not as ovious as the "member's list":dontknow:

Last edited:
Just some thoughts

There has been much discussion on this thread that is very constructive and has gone a long way to clear the air so to speak.

I saw a thread that was degenerating into a pissing/shouting match.

I attempted to calm it down, Shawn came on behind me and backed me up.
Some chose to ignore our requests to calm things down.
This was a total lack of respect for the people that spend their time and energy to make this happen for all the members.
The reason that we originally asked for things to calm down was that the particular thread was degenerating into a bashing of one group.

How I, Patrick and the Moderators feel the direction of a particular post or thread is going, is how it will be handled.

Admins or Mods can, and will deleat off topic and hurtful posts and or threads, to presevve the overall health of this forum.

It is really a shame when many pay the price for the grandiosity of one individual who shows no respect for others here.

I have seen one who starts on a rant and then others jump on the band wagon.

I know most of you here are really bright psople as I have become acquainted with many of you personally.
Many of you have become close personal friends.
I don't want to loose what this community has become beacuse of one who is selfish and hides behind tiraides and tantrums.
It is my opinion that we as a group are some of the finest folks that gather together.

I really wish that I could make everyone her happy all the time but that is not possible.
If I knew how to do it better I would.
We have 4000 members here and I and the others that accept responsibility for how this thing works have to make judgement calls at certain times.

If any of you think this is easy or pleasant most days it is not.

The issue still comes down to a lack of respect for what was going on in the thread and the lack of respect for Shawn and myself when we asked folks to "cool it".

I have recieved many PM's today thanking me for finally stopping the wholesale bashing that was happening.

Mikey was a dear frend up to this point, and I chose to turn a blind eye to what was going on.

That was my fault for not being responsible enough to do what I knew in my heart that I should do.

Mikey hurt me deeply with what he did.

Being a Co Owner of a forum can really suck, when dealing with friendships.

And that is the problem, you are my friends and I don't want to hurt anyone of you.

So I will continue to do what I feel is best for our community

FSTJACK said:
There has been much discussion on this thread that is very constructive and has gone a long way to clear the air so to speak.

I saw a thread that was degenerating into a pissing/shouting match.

I attempted to calm it down, Shawn came on behind me and backed me up.
Some chose to ignore our requests to calm things down.
This was a total lack of respect for the people that spend their time and energy to make this happen for all the members.
The reason that we originally asked for things to calm down was that the particular thread was degenerating into a bashing of one group.

How I, Patrick and the Moderators feel the direction of a particular post or thread is going, is how it will be handled.

Admins or Mods can, and will deleat off topic and hurtful posts and or threads, to presevve the overall health of this forum.

It is really a shame when many pay the price for the grandiosity of one individual who shows no respect for others here.

I have seen one who starts on a rant and then others jump on the band wagon.

I know most of you here are really bright psople as I have become acquainted with many of you personally.
Many of you have become close personal friends.
I don't want to loose what this community has become beacuse of one who is selfish and hides behind tiraides and tantrums.
It is my opinion that we as a group are some of the finest folks that gather together.

I really wish that I could make everyone her happy all the time but that is not possible.
If I knew how to do it better I would.
We have 4000 members here and I and the others that accept responsibility for how this thing works have to make judgement calls at certain times.

If any of you think this is easy or pleasant most days it is not.

The issue still comes down to a lack of respect for what was going on in the thread and the lack of respect for Shawn and myself when we asked folks to "cool it".

I have recieved many PM's today thanking me for finally stopping the wholesale bashing that was happening.

Mikey was a dear frend up to this point, and I chose to turn a blind eye to what was going on.

That was my fault for not being responsible enough to do what I knew in my heart that I should do.

Mikey hurt me deeply with what he did.

Being a Co Owner of a forum can really suck, when dealing with friendships.

And that is the problem, you are my friends and I don't want to hurt anyone of you.

So I will continue to do what I feel is best for our community

So....are you saying you banned the Sickness?:dontknow::(

KRAZYSRT10 said:
So....are you saying you banned the Sickness?:dontknow::(

TheSickness is not banned as of this point.

He is however, taking a mandatory 30 day vacation.
At the end of 30 days we will talk and see if it is possible for him to come back, and be a member among members.

I know putting Mike on "vacation" was not easy for you to do, Jack... I have had the pleasure of speaking with you many times, and know that you are a kind, loving and compassionate person.... and a great friend to many (including myself). Just know that you did the right thing for the time. Hopefully, this will pass in short order and we can get back to normal. And maybe Mike will do some soul searching in the mean time.

Thanks again for the great place to hang out....

I as well understand ....

MiniSick.jpg

For what it's worth, I for one will miss Mikey....99.9 % of the time. Hope to see him again around Valentines day :)....it's the day for lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back