Kicked A Rod

HaulinAsp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stayed late at work after a long azz day- started at 4 a.m. yesterday morning, to get ahead on a side job....

Coming home a rod decided to part ways with the crankshaft. :(

Big bang:( No oil psi, rough running. I always run full synthetic oil and Lucas Synthetic Additive, still runs.

Been working on this bitch since I got off the roll back in my driveway- no sleep.

Goshdamned manifold bolt is kicking my ass, one stupid ass bolt left, modified 2 wrenches and 2 sockets to no avail. I just locked the BFH drawer cause pretty soon I won't be able to control the urges running through my head.:argh:

This sucks!

Oil pissed right out of a bulge in the oil pan.

Please tell me oil pans are back in stock at the stealership....
I need a hug or something.

get some rest and take a break from her when you go back it will be easier, sorry about the rod bro. id be crying.

Here is a recent thread on finding a oil pan for our truck.

LINK

Cliff Notes:
1. Oil pan cost 1535 from the stealership (if they are nice they may take 20% off)
2. Try x2builders they deal with wrecked vehicles and they sell them for $400

LINK

I feel for you with the bolts. With the manifold off though you may want to replace your wires while it is off!

Welp. I can't think of sleep when my baby is hurting, :( I needed to get to the bottom of it's pain. I passed up on the bastage bolt in the manifold, went on to yank the front wheels, wheel well liners, yanked the long tube headers and nervously peered into the side of my babies heart:( .... I discovered a window in the block................................................

This truck was one of my pride and joys in life. She rode like a raped ape after its been branded with a hot iron, she humbled many a vette owner- humiliated many a mustang and made several porsche yuppies pee their panties. In the heat of many battles, you never let me down- ever.... Rest in peace my friend......:congrats: :congrats:

Last edited:
My neighbors must think I am crazy, I was in my driveway hugging my friend........

Damn! I'm glad there's no bridges nearby......

Hate to hear news like this.I know how ya feel.It hasn't happened to this truck,but it has happened to others (and cars and bikes).

Maybe build it back better and stronger than ever ?

HOT RAM said:
Maybe build it back better and stronger than ever ?
:( I doubt it...... I was doing this side job for extra money. The missus has been out of work, injury, and she had surgery, then we find out she has degenerative bone disorder and has been getting worse.... I am at a loss. This hits hard.

HaulinAsp said:
:( I doubt it...... I was doing this side job for extra money. The missus has been out of work, injury, and she had surgery, then we find out she has degenerative bone disorder and has been getting worse.... I am at a loss. This hits hard.
dang bro, sorry to hear about the better half. thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

She went out bleeding all over, I just waxed her too......

Attachments

• IMG_0505.JPG
    IMG_0505.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0506.JPG
    IMG_0506.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 218
First off, I'm really sorry to hear that this happened.

I have been there and done that. It's frustrating and it hurts.

If you don't mind, I would also like to take this opportunity to point something else out for other members. If you cannot afford the $10,000.00+ to buy/build a new motor, you should just leave it stock. For the most part these motors are pretty dependable when left stock. When mods are applied that dependability can go out the window. Please note, that I said "can", not does.

So, if your truck is your daily driver and you don't have the money to rebuild it, be careful of how you mod it. If it's a toy, and you have the funds to play, have at it.

Once again, really sorry to hear that this happened, and I hope and pray things work out for you.

HaulinAsp said:

That sucks Bro!!

Did you have any kind of tune? Or was is stock other than the bolt ons?

Silverback said:
First off, I'm really sorry to hear that this happened.

I have been there and done that. It's frustrating and it hurts.

If you don't mind, I would also like to take this opportunity to point something else out for other members. If you cannot afford the $10,000.00+ to buy/build a new motor, you should just leave it stock. For the most part these motors are pretty dependable when left stock. When mods are applied that dependability can go out the window. Please note, that I said "can", not does.

So, if your truck is your daily driver and you don't have the money to rebuild it, be careful of how you mod it. If it's a toy, and you have the funds to play, have at it.

Once again, really sorry to hear that this happened, and I hope and pray things work out for you.

Just curious if you see any mod in particular that he did that might have caused this? From his signature it does not look like a whole lot was done to his truck that would of caused this type of thing, but I am a noob to the engine thing.:dontknow:

I agree with you though! You gotta be willing to pay if you play.

Mods on truck- Mopar Long Tubes with Cat Delete pipes, Magnaflow Cat-back, Owner fabbed Cold Air Intake, Custom SCT (94 octane tune, 100 octane tune and nitrous tune- it's been on the 94 octane tune- never ever sprayed it -don't even have a set up on the truck) South Bend Clutch Stage-3 clutch....... That's it as far as engine mods......

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back