Kicked A Rod

Ironhead said:
how often were you using the sneaky pete nos

Me?:confused: I NEVER- repete NEVER had any spray on my truck, I had that tune put in the SCT for future upgrading.

HaulinAsp said:
Goshdamned manifold bolt is kicking my ass, one stupid ass bolt left, modified 2 wrenches and 2 sockets to no avail.

Use a 1/4" socket set extension with an Allen key type socket instead of trying to grab the outside of the bolt with a regular small socket.

Actually it was recommended to me by a Viper owner I know to call Tator Dodge and ask for the man, Chuck Tator.

Chuck advised me that he has had several come in with breakage to the # 3 rod. he is suspisious of the powdered metal forged connecting rods and the hypertectic pistons being the culprit in each occasion.....

As soon as you go to knock that bulge back in the casting will shatter and the hole will be bigger.

Goshdamned manifold bolt is kicking my ass, one stupid ass bolt left, modified 2 wrenches and 2 sockets to no avail.

i used a long 1/4" extension and taped the torx bit to it and then tapped the extension with a hammer to get a good bite.:D oh...and sorry to hear about your engine, that sucks:mad:

OMG.. sorry to hear this news! And so close to home too. It makes me think twice about adding any more power to this engine without some beefing.
How many miles on it?

Man that just sucks. We are all curious to your milage as most of us have mods similar to yours.

Sorry to hear about your wife as well. I can only imagine the stress your feeling now. Keep us updated............you have more supporters here than you realize. God bless.

patrick

I am near 50K miles, sorry for the delays guys, I am busy cleaning up the oily mess and carefully removing engine components and cleaning those as well...... Still going since 4a.m. yesterday, thanks so much for the kind words it means a bunch in this time I am experiencing.

Westxsrt10 said:
Sorry to hear about your problems.

I say its the Lucas additive...tests show that it foams up and there goes the oil pressure. The link i had to the Lucas oil tests (Bobistheoilguys) has been removed....i wonder why?:mad: I would suspect the SCT also.

post it up again, or just search (more then likely just lost in threads)

mauiSRT/10 said:
50k miles. Whats the lifespan of one of these engines anybody know? I know we have guys with way more.

patrick
i have 92k on my qc ,i beat the hell out of it,from what i've seen with these engines,some are just tougher than others

Heck, the SRT Ram at BJ Motors has 70,xxx mile on it. I've seen and heard about Vipers with well over 100K on them.

Sorry to hear about all of you troubles, bro. Maybe we need to start a hardship fund for members in need. There are a lot of guys in this club that take the time to help us newbies when we don't know the answer. I myself am willing to donate to a fund for hardships. We do this at work where there are about 5500 employees, and alittle from everyone can make a difference. So what do you think RedSrt, is this do-able?
P.S.--This is not just for trucks that puke rods, for true financial and medical problems. Just a thought.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Sorry to see this.:(

SRT rods and pistons are just crap. No 2 ways about it. Only fix for it is to go forged. ;)

Tim, Where you been bro:dontknow: :D

04rcmoneypit said:
Sorry to hear about all of you troubles, bro. Maybe we need to start a hardship fund for members in need. There are a lot of guys in this club that take the time to help us newbies when we don't know the answer. I myself am willing to donate to a fund for hardships. We do this at work where there are about 5500 employees, and alittle from everyone can make a difference. So what do you think RedSrt, is this do-able?
P.S.--This is not just for trucks that puke rods, for true financial and medical problems. Just a thought.

We (as a forum) have done this in the past for a few members, mostly (only) for financial and medical problems. Donating money to someone because their motor blew is not a financial hardship. It cost me well over $13K of my own money to get my truck working again after it blew up on the dyno (dont get me started on that again). No way would I ask others to help me out in that situation.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back