Killed: Srt-6 Cummins Diesel

There are still alot of people even other SRT owners who do not know about the Jeep and the Crossfire SRT I had some douche ask why I had SRT8 badges on the Jeep I told him follow me out on the street and I will show you why-LOL

JeffBoyette said:
:confused: :confused: :dontknow: :dontknow:
PROF! Please help me!
Where do people get this idea?
Boost is simply a measure of manifold pressure. Manifold pressure greater than the ambient atmospheric pressure, obtained by supercharging or turbocharging. Boost is measured in psi, inches of mercury, or bar.

Restriction is an impedence of flow. A measurement obtained by calculating change of cfm, or the resulting drop in atmospheric pressure inside the manifold. during the intake stroke, or an increase in pressure measured in the exhaust during the exhaust stroke. Intake Restriction would cause a drop in pressure "boost" in the intake, because the only exit is through the exhaust valves which are closed. The restriction upstream from the boosting mechanism, which is open to the atmosphere, reduces flow and would effectivly reduce velocity and cfm of air entering the manifold, reducing the pressure "Boost".

The restriction on the exhaust side has a different effect on boost in this reference because the intake valves are closed, and the piston provides the mechanical energy to evacuate the cylinder, thereby isolating the manifold from which boost is measured. In restricted exhaust flow results in decreased velocity, thereby reducing the effectiveness of the turbo, reducing the boost as well.

CFM is not velicity, it is a measurement of the flow of a gas or liquid that indicates how much volume in cubic feet pass by a stationary point in one minute. The higher the CFM the better the suction. which is directly proportional to the pressure. As pressure drops, the effective CFM drops as well. As pressure increases the effective CFM increases as well.

HaulinAsp implies that increasing boost in an engine is the result of restriction.
I dissagree . I say that Increasing the boost which is measure in the intake manifold is the result of more air in the manifold. I say increasing restriction decreases the boost.

Who is right, and why?

If you reduce the restriction in the exhaust stream you will reduce boost.

My engine can only achieve 8 lbs of boost with a 10 lb pulley because my builder "cleaned up the heads". The enhanced flow (reduced restriction) lowers the boost...which is good in my mind...

I concur in your comments...but I have never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and never plan to go to one of those low rent hot pillow facilities!

Prof said:

My engine can only achieve 8 lbs of boost with a 10 lb pulley because my builder "cleaned up the heads". The enhanced flow (reduced restriction) lowers the boost...which is good in my mind...

I concur in your comments...but I have never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and never plan to go to one of those low rent hot pillow facilities!

i've peged my turbo at 45 before (stock)....:p :p mine is either gunna overspin, explode or melt...will 1500 egt's do that?:marchmellow:

Prof said:

That is true....i swapped the exhaust out on my last diesel to a 4" turbo back...i lost some back pressure but lowered egt.....result was that on the hwy or while already in motion under little boost I experienced a little lag in reaction time from the engine

kickinassrt-10 said:
That is true....i swapped the exhaust out on my last diesel to a 4" turbo back...i lost some back pressure but lowered egt.....result was that on the hwy or while already in motion under little boost I experienced a little lag in reaction time from the engine

did you put a edge on? the piggy back tuners have a lag

Prof said:

:congrats: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Smokey said:
did you put a edge on? the piggy back tuners have a lag
It's not the stacked tuners that do this. It's the engine asking for either more Air or more Fuel. Remember this : Air + Fuel = POWER.:D

NorCal SRT-10 said:
I thought SRT stood for STREET, ROAD, and TRACK??:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

maybe:dontknow: but that discribes my truck even better

HaulinAsp said:
It's not the stacked tuners that do this. It's the engine asking for either more Air or more Fuel. Remember this : Air + Fuel = POWER.:D

what i ment was a piggy back tuner like the edge or banks 6 gun has a input lag, time you step on skinny petal till you move, VS. a hard tune like a smarty or diablo. the hard progamers do not have a input delay because they are't interceping and changeing the signals in route

Black1 said:
Air PLUS SMOKE ='s MORE POWER.... :D :rock: :p ;)
That's what I'm talking about.....Smoke is the warning:D
It was not piggy backed I was running the Hypertech III b/c I did a lot of towing and I barely felt that trailer behind me with it......

ASP it was the swap out exhaust to 4" that caused it to lag...I removed the 3.5" downpipe and added a 4" also so there was not enough pressure to help the turbo spool....example would be haulin ass then letting off the pedal and then hitting the pedal again=slight lag time in turbo spool.....it had plenty of air getting to it....fuel too i believe

i install alot of banks power bundles, most are extremely mild, i like the quailty of the parts but the exhaust systems for the price are cheesey, the intercoolers are good, power elbows good, there six gun is very mild compared to bullydog. best hp for dollarfrom banks i have seen from them is upgraded waste gate and impellar. if people are short on cash and just want power, bullydog, custom cold air, delete cat and muffler. will beat any banks bundle that cost thousands. only down fall is bullydog smokes like a freight train and will tear you engine and tranny apart and if you have a 6.0 ford your head gaskets are not long for the world and your egr cooler is a time bomb.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back