Killed: Srt-6 Cummins Diesel

Spent many hours on this Custom 24V cylinder head......;)

IMG_0252.jpg

who cares what someone puts on thier ride, they are paying for it. not me. i really don't like big rims on cars/trucks but it's someone eles stuff

Big rims is not the issues. Pretending to be something you are not is the problem. If it is not an SRT then don't put SRT badging on it. Just cause you put a S/C on a mustang does not make it a cobra.

Dude I remember hearing about the incident-in Independence.....:(

I am in Alamuchy every weekend bro. :D Whatcha got on your mind?:D

i got a 3406 i need turned up a bit. not sure if its a a or b yet havent looked at the pump. getting up rt 80 coming off the allamuchy hill is killing me. literally. 35 mph to the rest stop :(

and yes that was my poor trucks incident lol. i saw the asshole in wal mart in hackettstown last night with my dad. thought my dad was gonna kill him. they had a nice lil chit chat :D

Last edited:
Stanimal said:
i got a 3406 i need turned up a bit. not sure if its a a or b yet havent looked at the pump. getting up rt 80 coming off the allamuchy hill is killing me. literally. 35 mph to the rest stop :(

and yes that was my poor trucks incident lol. i saw the asshole in wal mart in hackettstown last night with my dad. thought my dad was gonna kill him. they had a nice lil chit chat :D
Still can't believe he is out walking the streets.:mad: BS.

What year 3406? B-series? :confused: * edit- nevermind- I reread your post- you don't know yet. Ok what she in?

its in a 89 L9000 3500 gallon septic truck. runs good, smokes a tiny bit when ya first get on the throttle. i havent figured out if the tach is off or the governor is set low. it shows it hit governor at 1700ish rpm's but it should go to 2100 if i remember right. my father boguht the truck off its original owner, and i was actually there when he bought it from the dealer :O wow im old

HaulinAsp said:
So you are trying to justify giving the rest of the diesel community a black eye by your willingness to "smoke out" individuals on the street?

Not cool.

And 600hp with a diesel is soooooooooooooooo yesterday.:marchmellow:

Matter of fact- I was at that level back in 2004.:dontknow:

no, i hate seeing guys through that black soot on the street.....by "smoke" i mean just plain KILL them on the strip...i think im dooin good tho for a 22yr old kid with no sponsers doin his own work:D

kickinassrt-10 said:
Banks runs a clean system with no black smoke...I kinda like it, it's like intimidation.....
700-800+ HP is simple with a piggy back tune and some turbo work:rock: :rock: :D

banks is WAY overpriced....and your not gunna get over 550-600 with a tune and a turbo....its just asking for trouble

Last edited:
Smokey said:
no, i hate seeing guys through that black soot on the street.....by "smoke" i mean just plain KILL them on the strip...i think im dooin good tho for a 22yr old kid with no sponsers doin his own work:D
Forgive me I made a bad assumption on the smoking the streets. I get very angry when I hear the younguns boasting of this practice. These kids don't realize they are contributing to the EPA's attack on the diesel performance aftermarket.:mad:

Smokey said:
banks is WAY overpriced....and your not gunna get over 550-600 with a tune and a turbo....its just asking for trouble

And WAY overrated.....

Smokey said:

I know that I have never used Banks nor do I really care for it...I'm just saying for out of the box plug and play, you get no black smoke....which is essentially unburned diesel fuel...
Certain engines such as I described the 7.3L Powerstroke handles 750 HP really well without having to do much internal work....you could piss in the tank of a 7.3L and the bitch will probably still run....I had my diesel for almost 4 years about since i was 21...it was a 6.0 and at the time there wasn't many options for turbo upgrades! I really miss the diesel and wish I was still turning wrenches on them....:(

HaulinAsp said:
Forgive me I made a bad assumption on the smoking the streets. I get very angry when I hear the younguns boasting of this practice. These kids don't realize they are contributing to the EPA's attack on the diesel performance aftermarket.:mad:

not to mention it makes the diesel race community look VERY bad....a few bad apples ruin it for everyone....

HaulinAsp said:
people tend to get impressed with the higher associated boost psi's generated by the diesel engine
Fact : Boost is a measurement of restriction.
:confused: :confused: :dontknow: :dontknow:
PROF! Please help me!
Where do people get this idea?
Boost is simply a measure of manifold pressure. Manifold pressure greater than the ambient atmospheric pressure, obtained by supercharging or turbocharging. Boost is measured in psi, inches of mercury, or bar.

Restriction is an impedence of flow. A measurement obtained by calculating change of cfm, or the resulting drop in atmospheric pressure inside the manifold. during the intake stroke, or an increase in pressure measured in the exhaust during the exhaust stroke. Intake Restriction would cause a drop in pressure "boost" in the intake, because the only exit is through the exhaust valves which are closed. The restriction upstream from the boosting mechanism, which is open to the atmosphere, reduces flow and would effectivly reduce velocity and cfm of air entering the manifold, reducing the pressure "Boost".

The restriction on the exhaust side has a different effect on boost in this reference because the intake valves are closed, and the piston provides the mechanical energy to evacuate the cylinder, thereby isolating the manifold from which boost is measured. In restricted exhaust flow results in decreased velocity, thereby reducing the effectiveness of the turbo, reducing the boost as well.

CFM is not velicity, it is a measurement of the flow of a gas or liquid that indicates how much volume in cubic feet pass by a stationary point in one minute. The higher the CFM the better the suction. which is directly proportional to the pressure. As pressure drops, the effective CFM drops as well. As pressure increases the effective CFM increases as well.

HaulinAsp implies that increasing boost in an engine is the result of restriction.
I dissagree . I say that Increasing the boost which is measure in the intake manifold is the result of more air in the manifold. I say increasing restriction decreases the boost.

Who is right, and why?

DAYTONA81 said:
people put the srt badges with there number of cylinders because they know it doesnt make there ride a 100% SRT but because of the meaning STREET RACING TECHNOLOGY # OF CYLINDERS,......

I thought SRT stood for STREET, ROAD, and TRACK??:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

i just got to throw this in cause no one said it yet. i seen no trucks should i have badges. but you worded it wrong....
it should of read this:
I LIKE MY TRUCK LIKE I LIKE MY WOMEN SHAVED
I own both a diesel and my srt none of them stock there both shaved but i must say my diesel is faster in the 1/4 mile but light to light my srt would shit on the diesel

Last edited:
CentralTexHemi said:
I get made fun of for having SRT8 badges on my Jeep Grand Cherokee

I would only make fun of you if it was not a factory SRT-8. But I love the GC SRT-8. That is the only thing I would think about trading my truck in on.

To each their own, I just can't stand the smell of Diesels.

Bill.

CentralTexHemi said:
I get made fun of for having SRT8 badges on my Jeep Grand Cherokee
Why it is a real srt 8. Shit if that thing didnt have the awd you would be in the same boat as the 10:burnout: One guy was running good his best I think was 13.1 but constant 13.4-5.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back