Killed: Srt-6 Cummins Diesel

scoobert said:
for the record i love to smoke people out.
Picture086.jpg
Picture082.jpg

but in reality its not fast.
this truck i sold to my BFF and he loves it.
600hp, 1200tq still sluggish. just too heavy to be fast.
looks like a testarossa with those side skirts(panels whatever) on there

Contrary to what a lot may think it, does not take much at all to get diesels, spanking the srt-10 all over the map.... I had a Ford 6.0L programmed CAI exhaust and I raced my buddy who has a SRT-10 RC and off the line it was pretty even up until about 60 he started pulling....If I had a piggy backed tuner there would have been no chance for the 10! Not to mention it was about 4000lbs heavier, with 6" lift and 37" tires on offroad 20" rims...
I miss the spool on the turbo in the diesel, and will get one again when the funds are right!

TNVIPER said:
Diesels stink.....
They do smell...but there is something very intimidating about a 9000# 4x4 Truck blasting black clouds of smoke out the exhaust with a turbo spooling:D

etaylormcp said:
And that would deserve respect how? I have seen those too and except that they are moderately faster than a normal Neon I still laugh at them. Am I wrong? LOL

YES,YOU ARE WRONG !!!!TO BELITTLE IS TO BE LITTLE !!!Different strokes for different folks !!!

kickinassrt-10 said:
They do smell...but there is something very intimidating about a 9000# 4x4 Truck blasting black clouds of smoke out the exhaust with a turbo spooling:D

Yeah...lot of stinking smoke and noise........not putting down diesels...I know they are fast and easy to make faster but I hate the sound and hate to see them at the track....I just cant see them as a performance vehicle...great for pulling loads and heavy work trucks..but enjoy them if you like..:)

TNVIPER said:
Yeah...lot of stinking smoke and noise........not putting down diesels...I know they are fast and easy to make faster but I hate the sound and hate to see them at the track....I just cant see them as a performance vehicle...great for pulling loads and heavy work trucks..but enjoy them if you like..:)
I agree with you....they are great for towing and not so much for performance unless you build it that way...the SRT is performance out of the box...like 2 different animals...I used it for towing but when i wasn't, I used to love seeing the little turds faces in their ricers, then pull up to me at the light like dude that thing is crazy.....hahahaha

scoobert said:
for the record i love to smoke people out.
Picture086.jpg
Picture082.jpg

but in reality its not fast.
this truck i sold to my BFF and he loves it.
600hp, 1200tq still sluggish. just too heavy to be fast.
whats bff i thought that was a friend that was like a booty call and then you said it was a he im confused please help

confused if farmington

Diesels have their place and they are fast. I have seen several 9000# trucks run 10s in the quarter. I just can't take the smake and rattle myself.

If I ever get me some money I'm going to build a crew cab 2500 Ram short bed into an SRT6 monster......I think it would be cool, but yet practical!

:) Yep the member whom blew his 10 is me.

Thing is with this conversion, I want it to appear like its a factory deal. Also want the performance characteristics to crossover along with the diesel conversion. Basically it has to give off the same impression as a Viper Powered truck.

Don't be in the dark folks, diesels happen to be even more popular nowadays.

I have numerous projects along with working 6 days a week.

Here is a small taste of the things to come out of my stables :

IMG_0115.jpg

Yes this is a Pro Mod Diesel Powered Ram.:rock: :D :D

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0173-1.jpg

HaulinAsp said:
:) Yep the member whom blew his 10 is me.

Thing is with this conversion, I want it to appear like its a factory deal. Also want the performance characteristics to crossover along with the diesel conversion. Basically it has to give off the same impression as a Viper Powered truck.

Don't be in the dark folks, diesels happen to be even more popular nowadays.

I have numerous projects along with working 6 days a week.

Here is a small taste of the things to come out of my stables :

IMG_0115.jpg

Yes this is a Pro Mod Diesel Powered Ram.:rock: :D :D

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0173-1.jpg
A man who knows what he's talkin about.....diesels are more popular than ever...in fact they say it the future of automobiles....diesels are capable of insane power without having to do any work internal b/c of the high compression those beast take...
I will be an owner again one day in the future!:rock:
Post up some vids when you get that beast done!

people put the srt badges with there number of cylinders because they know it doesnt make there ride a 100% SRT but because of the meaning STREET RACING TECHNOLOGY # OF CYLINDERS, now if a stock hemi truck had a srt8 badge or even a srt10 badge it would be stupid cause 1. its not a fast 8 cyl and its not a 10 cyl for sure.but as for me i have a srt8 badge on my tailgate and it doesnt have a 6.1L motor, suspension, etc etc but i got it for the meaning street racing tech 8 cyl which i have a 11 sec 8 cyl hemi so i think i can back the badge up, as for the diesel there are some that can back it up srt6....just my opinion and i know many dont agree:dontknow:

DAYTONA81 said:
people put the srt badges with there number of cylinders because they know it doesnt make there ride a 100% SRT but because of the meaning STREET RACING TECHNOLOGY # OF CYLINDERS, now if a stock hemi truck had a srt8 badge or even a srt10 badge it would be stupid cause 1. its not a fast 8 cyl and its not a 10 cyl for sure.but as for me i have a srt8 badge on my tailgate and it doesnt have a 6.1L motor, suspension, etc etc but i got it for the meaning street racing tech 8 cyl which i have a 11 sec 8 cyl hemi so i think i can back the badge up, as for the diesel there are some that can back it up srt6....just my opinion and i know many dont agree:dontknow:
So would 1000+ hp 1800 lbs tq constitute as an SRT-6? :rock:

fellas i wouldn't beat the cummins up to much, there are some out there that will make you cry, and then put you on a trailer and haul you home. all that and 4 wheel drive plus a 250,000 + mile life. and better mpg than a gasser

sstdusty said:
fellas i wouldn't beat the cummins up to much, there are some out there that will make you cry, and then put you on a trailer and haul you home. all that and 4 wheel drive plus a 250,000 + mile life. and better mpg than a gasser
you got that right, but not even Cummins, ANY diesel, my 6.0L was a beast too, don't care too much for Duracrap but it's got a hell of a tranny:congrats: :congrats:

etaylormcp said:
And that would deserve respect how? I have seen those too and except that they are moderately faster than a normal Neon I still laugh at them. Am I wrong? LOL
Yes you are wrong! The srt4 neons are pretty f"in quick(I said quick). I tested one at the dealer a while back at a customer apreciation night and burned the front tires down. Parts are available for cheap upgrades and some are putting down 350-400+ to the wheels with minor changes. They can embarrase a stock 10 when they are modded and going light to light. Remember they are really light and with that hp to the wheels....well you know the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyeLRL5rhvg&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
why put a SRT badge on a car or truck that is not a SRT...either way your a poser.

dont care if you have a diesel with 7000hp and 15000wtq, SRT is a factory badge, if you put it on a non SRT vehivcle you a posing as a SRT vehicle and thus you are a poser

I seen a 300 with srt and v10 badges everytime I tried to get closer to see it he would slow down and change lanes and then got off the highway. People are dumb because usually only mopar people know what an srt is and are usually driving them. I get schmucks all the time with the 10 hood on there hemi's or the wheels then are dumb enough, when they try and get some thinking I did the same thing they did.:marchmellow: oops his is real:D :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back