Reaction score
Stock 06 viper coupe dropped off tuesday, made 425whp/455wtq, we added:

-BBK TB
-M+M headers
-JMB catback
-PBJ/JMB Custom cam kit
-K+N kit
-Tuned by Torrie/PBJ/JMB

Final #'s were 543whp/540wtq SAE, 553/550 STD, picked up well over 100whp and 100wtq from 5000 RPM and up and big gains everywhere from the hit. Torque curve is awesome, huge broad powerband. Compare this to other torque curves you are seeing out there before you decide on a cam, dont just focus on a huge peak hp#, these trucks need low rpm gains to get moving. Very happy with the results, its a different car for sure. Ignore the stock peak torque on the chart as its reading the jump where the tach signal got lost. All hot pulls within ~20 minutes of each other, no hero pulls, real world results.

9046681626_5698242672_c.jpg

That's an insane jump in the low end! Nice work.

I think you might be looking at the graph incorrectly. Light/dark blue lines are first run's TQ/HP. Light/dark red lines are second run's TQ/HP. I did the same thing and then at to look a second time. Great mid and upper end gains!

His base line #s were identical to mine. Weird!

I think you might be looking at the graph incorrectly. Light/dark blue lines are first run's TQ/HP. Light/dark red lines are second run's TQ/HP. I did the same thing and then at to look a second time. Great mid and upper end gains!

Oh yeah :D.

Thanks guys, the next one I do will be before/after cam only to see what just the cam is worth, may tweak it just a little for a truck and give up a couple peak hp for some more mid range tq.
Justin

BTW these custom cam kits with springs, locators, and pushrods are $1500, probably the best bang for the buck out there except maybe N20. We have cams for NA, N20, Supercharged, or Turbo applications; all custom designed for your specific setup, no off the shelf "one size fits all" cams.

Will have a 06 SRT-10 RC before/after in the next 1-2 months, most likely after drag week.
Justin

Will have a 06 SRT-10 RC before/after in the next 1-2 months, most likely after drag week.
Justin

I am anxiously awaiting this! I have most "bolt-ons" and this pig definitely needs more pep in her step! I've really been wanting to do some type of mild/medium NA build but I've been holding out for the right set-up (cam) and something that isn't going to break the bank!!! Justin, maybe you could do some type of group commitment/buy on a mild NA set-up for some of us average Joe's who can't swing a $7000 NA build...??

If 5+ guys want to get together on this Ill put together a better price, but have had little interest despite the bang for the buck.
Justin

If 5+ guys want to get together on this Ill put together a better price, but have had little interest despite the bang for the buck.
Justin

Let's see if we can get something brewing...... 1. Stealth78

Bump.. I would be down for this.

Let me see if one of the 10's in town would jump on this aswell.

1. Stealth78
2. Pirana131313

BTW these custom cam kits with springs, locators, and pushrods are $1500, probably the best bang for the buck out there except maybe N20. We have cams for NA, N20, Supercharged, or Turbo applications; all custom designed for your specific setup, no off the shelf "one size fits all" cams.

I misquoted this price guys, its actually $1300 plus shipping for the kit

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back