Lambo doors....whaddya think??

Should I do Lambo Doors to my truck?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FastSRT19 said:
Don't worry about that, i won a "Top 10 of Show" and i didn't even have my truck ready for the show, just pulled in and parked...and others here have won before as well. Any SRT-10 Ram will do well at a car show IMO :rock:

7....and nothing so far.:(

how about a sewerside or gullwing door setup:rock: :dontknow: :rock: :marchmellow:

supercar1of1 said:

Might make it easier to get in and out, as narrow as parking spots are these days.

All of the lambo kits I've seen the doors open the same as factory ,then you lift them up,you don't have to open them up all the way,but you can,the doors don't just lift up cause the door striker is in the same spot as factory and the "lambo" strikers are more facing the top.

The way all the aftermarket hinges are they open the same as a factory door does,then you lift it up,you just don't have to open it all the way,n
One of the things I always think about, especially in this economy, is how easy will it be to sell the truck if I need to. You are already faced with a rather limited market, being a specialty vehicle, and by adding the lambo doors you are potentially further limiting the market appeal. Not everyone likes them. I would never do this to a car. But it is yours and you can do what you want.

Its only a hinge,it can be take off and put back to factory.

I know quite a few people who have installed lambo door on their vehicles, Rams and cars.

If you do, I hope you like to hear wind whistling and don't mind rattles and water leaks. Make sure you have a great audio system to overcome the noise of the rattles and wind blowing through the seams. They need constant realignment and basically are a total pain in the ass.

You didn't say if you had a QC or not...

If you do, I think suicides on the rear would definitely be the way to go.

On an RC lambos wouldn't be bad, if you did them proper.

If LSD has a kit for Rams that's the way to go. You definitely get what you pay for and if you go cheap you'll have all sorts of problems with alignment, etc.

Just because you have lambos doesn't mean you have to use them all the time either; they open just like regular doors that flip up so if you're somewhere you don't want to use them, you don't have to. More of a "stealthy" mod than 24s...

Speaking of 24s, I wouldn't run them but if someone wants to, hey that's cool. My old man used to say (when it comes to clothing) "suits the wearer, not the starer", so as long as you're happy who cares.

Not sure how it would work if you wanted to go back to stock, there's usually some inner fender rolling, etc. to get them to work so check with whoever you're looking to buy them from first so you don't find out the hard way...

Hmmm...now that I'm thinking, does someone make a suicide door kit for the QCs???

YES do the lamebo doors...along with the chrome tape down the side, curb feelers, 30" rims, running boards, window vents, coffee can tail pipe, push bar on the front, and a chandalier hanging from the ceiling. NOW THATS CLASSY! And anything that you can buy at walmart's automotive section under $20.
I say go for it dude...and PLEASE post pics...

There is a reason there called "Lambo" doors.:slug:

Yellow venom said:
There is one guy on the site here that has them on a black QC.

HAHAHAHAHA I know, and imagine how he feels reading all these "no" responses.. But still it's all about what the owner wants. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. And if you don't agree with that beholding eye you :motz:POKE IT THE EFFF OUT!!!

500snakz said:
YES do the lamebo doors...along with the chrome tape down the side, curb feelers, 30" rims, running boards, window vents, coffee can tail pipe, push bar on the front, and a chandalier hanging from the ceiling. NOW THATS CLASSY! And anything that you can buy at walmart's automotive section under $20.
I say go for it dude...and PLEASE post pics...

...........I'm sensing you are cruising for some laughter material. But you forGOT the Yosemity Sam mud flaps, plastic window hung cup holders and boomerang TV antennea. How could you have classy with out 'em? :dong:.....Some of you, I can feel, are pulling away from me on this..

This will explain better...

Attachments

• link_ricer_blk.jpg
    link_ricer_blk.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Gullwing_Crap.jpg
    Gullwing_Crap.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2,624
KRAZYSRT10 said:
I read everyone's posts...even the double picture post;)....but I would like to point out that this is my "Baby" and I will not sell her. This is going to be my "work in progress....project truck" for as long as she will let me keep her.:eek:

I like the way the doors look...when I started this, I just wanted to see the mass appeal. Because while I want to do what I think is cool....sometimes I have missed the cool train, know what I mean???:D

I wouldn't say that Lambo's belong only on ricers, but, I would say that the practicality of having such a door may be a hinderance in certain environments.:dontknow: However, I have been out of the car show loop for a while and that is what I am aiming for. I want to win a trophy so bad I have already sold the Sickness to a pervert in South Africa for 100 pesos just to help begin fixing her up....;) :p

Anyways, I also wanted to have something to read that actually interested me...and the friggin' politics thread was getting in the way!:slug:

I think they look good on a Ram.... I'm also with others saying there should be suicide doors on the back. :rock: :rock: :rock:

The only issue with these are.... They are a pain in the ass. :eek: A pain in the ass to install, and a pain in the ass to use. The door will only open 30deg or so, then swing up. The door on these trucks are so BIG, that a tall person (like you) would have to duck down and kinda "slither" around the opening to get in and out of the truck. :dontknow: IMO, this would get real OLD if it was me. :eek: I guess it just depends on a few things:

1. Is there a shop around your island that can properly install a HIGH QUALITY lambo kit that can handle the weight of a Ram door?

2. Are you going to continue driving this truck every day (to the grocery store, to get the kid from school, etc)? Or, will you have a "beater" to drive?

3. Do you want to roll like Big Tymers...... :D

Now if you could have someone do something like THIS to the doors.......

Koenigsegg_CCR_400X300.png

2005-Koenigsegg-CCR-Yellow-Overhang-1280x960.jpg

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Attachments

• 2004-Koenigsegg-CCR-Front-Doors-Open-1920x1440.jpg
    2004-Koenigsegg-CCR-Front-Doors-Open-1920x1440.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 1,947
Back