Little River Dragway tragedy

Thanks Jerry, this was this past weekend. Very sad. Definitely not an unsafe track at all! Been racing there since I was 18. Thinking the rear let go or axle broke sending him right into guard rail and sitting car in half :(
Don't know him but I believe he was a Sargeant in the military or retired. Prayers go out to his family, friends and spectators young and old. Godspeed bud

Wow... I've never seen a drag strip that has trees 3 feet behind the guardrail!!! RIP

RIP! Heard about that this weekend.. Sorry Scott, I have to disagree, I think that's the most unsafe track I have been to.

RIP! Heard about that this weekend.. Sorry Scott, I have to disagree, I think that's the most unsafe track I have been to.

Why do you find it unsafe? It passes all IHRA safety regulations? There's been 230mph jet cars and hundreds of 4 second 1/8 mile cars and 7 second 1/4 cars here for decades. I've raced on way worse and way better but Little River has always been my home track. Is it perfect, surely not. It's my track though.

sorry to hear, RIP

its part of what we love to do. pushin a cantankerous piece of machinery to its limits.

a part breaks, new or old, another car looses it, hell a bird turd gets under a tire, track &/or street conditions, etc.

just can never tell

Dumbass wrecks his car and kills his self but it's the tracks fault? How stupid can we get....

Well if that tree wasn't right next to the track , he probably would of walked away from it.

Regardless, R.I.P.
Again this is am IHRA Sanctioned track, if trees weren't allowed they'd have been removed. Who can guess why it's called Little River Dragway? Yup there's a river parallel to it and therefore the abundance of shade, provided by the abundance of......you guessed it....trees.
Thanks Trainman for thinking of us, as like others have said, it's a chance we take when we push our cars/trucks to limits and exceed those even.
This can happen at any track with guardrails anywhere. Cars become airborne or sliced in half.

R.I.P. At least he was doing what he loved to do. We all take risks racing including at the track. If we decide to race anywhere we have to take the responsibility for the risks that we take and not blame others. Yes the tree is not a good idea to have so close to the track but that was his decision to race regardless of the tree being there. We can't blame the track for this accident.

R.I.P. At least he was doing what he loved to do. We all take risks racing including at the track. If we decide to race anywhere we have to take the responsibility for the risks that we take and not blame others. Yes the tree is not a good idea to have so close to the track but that was his decision to race regardless of the tree being there. We can't blame the track for this accident.

How much you want to bet there is a lawyer right now at the family's house getting ready to sue track owners .
That track could be shutdown after they get done suing them.

How much you want to bet there is a lawyer right now at the family's house getting ready to sue track owners .
That track could be shutdown after they get done suing them.

Every racer signs a waver.

The moment they step foot on the track, the track has ZERO liability no matter what happens.

You Commifornians always say the dumbest..... Wait, that actually makes perfect sense. Well said, Bradley. :D

Know I will be spit upon if not worse but here goes. Psalms 139:16 says God has numbered our days of life on this earth, written them in His book (He has no eraser) and this before we were born so our time to die is our time to die and no tree, no track, no safety precautions will ever change that timing. Being safe so as not to live a life being maimed is one thing but what God has written will not be changed by cutting down a tree. Just saying.

How can you call this man a dumbass! Unbelievable comment and totally uncalled for.
Shameful

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back