Losing the Dogs

Demon 8

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant bring them because I cant afford to get them there.
Anyone in NY know any breeders

Demon 8 said:

I am so sorry to hear that James! :( :( :(

What kind of dogs were they? Are they going to a good home? If you were ever to move back to Florida - would you be able to become their owners once again? :dontknow:

I wish there was something I could do to help. :(

Dangit, maybe they can be boarded temporarily until we can figure something out???? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

How big are the dogs? The only thing I can think of is Billy & I bring them to Columbus OH on our way back from the wedding (from Florida to Detroit MI) - maybe there is another member that's in PA that may be willing to meet us in Columbus and then James can meet them in PA - otherwise it's roughly 9 hours from the furthest point in NY to Columbus.

Just an idea . . .

I hate the idea of losing them...I have no home for them right now and I am sure you can figure out what my options are with us moving in less than a week.
MiscKitchen085.jpg

MiscKitchen116.jpg

MiscKitchen021.jpg

I would be honored if someone would give them a good home.
They will be missed dearly both are under 2 years old
American Bulldog Male Red nosed pit Female Wonderful temperment

They look like they are to much a part of the family to leave them behind :eek:

Aren't there any members in the FL area that love dogs that could adopt them for a while??? :dontknow: :dontknow:

Come on everyone, lets help figure this out !!!!

This is not right :( :( :(

Since a lot of you guys on the East Coast will be in FL next week. Why don't you all figure on a convoy to take these babies to NY:rock:

black pearl said:
Since a lot of you guys on the East Coast will be in FL next week. Why don't you all figure on a convoy to take these babies to NY:rock:

That's the spirit!! We gotta figure something out :rock:

CONVOY!!!!!!
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Well, we gotta help him think of one - I'm way out in CA or I would do something more but what can I do from here???????? :dontknow:

We gotta help these guys :rock:

Demon 8 said:
Please don't take offense to the following questions. Is it the cost of getting them there or the cost of keeping them there? Or is there another reason for getting rid of the dogs?

I would just hate for everyone to find a way to help your family keep the dogs only to realize later that it was more of a burden than help to you.

Man, my American bulldog Liberty sure would love a friend to have around, I wish you werent so far away!!

James, not sure Dawn and I could take on two more mouths to feed, and they would have to get along with my Rottie...not that is too big of a challenge...but he is getting kind of old and grumpy...despite his training.
When are you going to NY? I would have to run this by the Mrs's...but we could provide them with a good home until we find an appropriate family for them. My neighbor is looking into a buddy for his Dobie...that would put them as neighbors...:dontknow: and we could hold one of them here.
You have my phone #?:dontknow:

Edit:... Now that I read this over again... it would be better to try and get them up there. Could not imagine loosing Dakota.
Not sure if getting them to the GTG...then up to NY would be easy, but it's something to look at. :dontknow: If you have to leave them, we can a least find them somewhere till they can get up there.

Just need to know if this is a transportation issue, or an adoption need. I understand if you can't keep them with Grandma...hate to see the dogs take her off her feet, add stress, hip fx, ect.

Just let us know what we can do bro.

Last edited:
OSO said:
Please don't take offense to the following questions. Is it the cost of getting them there or the cost of keeping them there? Or is there another reason for getting rid of the dogs?

I would just hate for everyone to find a way to help your family keep the dogs only to realize later that it was more of a burden than help to you.
Ditto....with what Oso said; if you want to or are able to keep the dogs, people at the GTG can certainly find a way to help you. If that is just not an option, I have a friend who has been talking about adopting a trained dog for her son(he's 7 and she works nights-can't train a puppy) I can ask if she wants one of yours. As for what Ken said-our rottie is old, and we'd have to see if they would get along.:dontknow: Let's keep puttin our heads together and prayin' a solution will come of this!

How much are we talking about? $300 - $400? Seems like we should be able to help with that to keep a family together. I can help a little this weekend... anybody else??

If I didn't already have these two lap dogs to take care of, and a MIL that is scared to death of Pit Bulls, I would hold them here.

What methods of transport have you looked into?

C'mon James! We can figure this out!!

id take them in a heartbeat but we just lost a pomeranian and the wife says no more inside dogs. she got so attached to it she cried for 2 weeks. i hope she misses me that much when im gone:D trying to figure out a way, they could be flown up there ups and fedex move animals too. someone could check on a price.

I found this info from the Delta site:

Pet Travel Shipping Rates

These Delta Pet First® rates are for domestic travel on Delta and Delta Connection® carriers only. For help with international rates or other questions, please contact us at 866-782-2746, and be able to provide an estimated weight of your animal and the size of the kennel you will use.

Determining the Rate
The rates shown below do not include federal tax or applicable surcharge, and are based on the chargeable weight of the shipment. Terminal handling charges, customs clearance fees, veterinarian service, and/or kennel storage fees are in addition to shipping rates and will be charged to the shipper or pet owner upon arrival at destination airport. All fees and charges must be paid in full prior to the release of animal.
Chargeable weight is the greater of the:
Actual weight of your animal plus your kennel, or
Dimensional weight of the kennel, which is:
A cubic measurement based on the greatest dimensions (height, width, and length) of the kennel.
Calculated on the basis of one pound for each 194 cubic inches or fraction thereof.
Rates are subject to change without notice.

Weight (lbs) From United States
0-19 . $178.25
20-44 . $194.35
45-74 . $228.85
75-99 . $274.85
100-149 . $343.85
150-199 . $458.85
200-249 . $573.85
250-299 . $688.85

eddie102870 said:
so your looking at around 400 bucks to fly them.

Sounds about right.

UPS DOES NOT ship Mammals or birds....

And I can't find anything on the Fedex site about shipping animals....

Airtran may be cheaper than Delta, as well as some others, I just used Delta as an example.

From Airtran:

Airfare for a pet is $69 one-way. Only three (3) pets are allowed per flight. As limited space is available, advanced reservations must be made. Of course, service animals (e.g., Seeing Eye dogs) are always welcome onboard regardless of the number of pets already booked on the flight.

For additional information about traveling with a pet or to book pet travel, please contact the AirTran Airways reservations desk at 1-800-AIR-TRAN (1-800-247-8726) or 678-254-7999 for international calls.

In many airports, AirTran Airways sells pet kennels for a nominal fee at the ticket counter. AirTran Airways does not transport pets as checked baggage.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back