Losing the Dogs

NBT said:
I am on the fence, due to Ike...if he drops to a Cat 2...I will be there...it's up to Robert if he will allow Basco to ride in the 10. I have plenty of covers for the cab.
The female can stay with us vs the animal hospital....pending a GTG with Dakota. This weekend work for ya...:dontknow: I promise she will go to a good home... or will be staying at ours....you know how it goes...she arrives...becomes part of the family...and then is family.

Oh yes, I know how it is. We have an English bulldog that we were dog sitting so my wife's cousin could figure out if their new baby boy was allergic to dogs. Well needless to say, Bailey is still at the house. I don't have the heart to find a home for her. Plus her former owners come by often and play with her.

NBT said:
I am on the fence, due to Ike...if he drops to a Cat 2...I will be there...it's up to Robert if he will allow Basco to ride in the 10. I have plenty of covers for the cab.
The female can stay with us vs the animal hospital....pending a GTG with Dakota. This weekend work for ya...:dontknow: I promise she will go to a good home... or will be staying at ours....you know how it goes...she arrives...becomes part of the family...and then is family.

Who's robert i'm lost? So if you come can the dog hitch a ride with you?

EMT/SRT said:
Oh yes, I know how it is. We have an English bulldog that we were dog sitting so my wife's cousin could figure out if their new baby boy was allergic to dogs. Well needless to say, Bailey is still at the house. I don't have the heart to find a home for her. Plus her former owners come by often and play with her.

True dat bro...neither of them will see the inside of a cage if I got anything to do with it.

EMT/SRT said:
Ken would you be bringing Basco with you if Ike lets you?

That will be up to Robert, as I am not driving...I am a rider. IF I was driving...I would be all over it. I will detail Roberts truck upon return if he can manage this for ya. James, how well does he ride? As stated, we can prep Roberts truck for the trip if necessary....I have plenty of clean drops that can be used for the seats...ect.
Sorry for the hangup fellas...normally I would pass on a deployment...but we really need the $$.:eek:
IF he (The Itch) can't take him up for the GTG...I will make a trip up to you a week or two after the GTG, and the tropical forecast is clear...fair enough? He can ride in the jeep with me. This is just another alternative. I will be seeing them both this weekend, and will take him for a spin, and see how he does...James may already know.

Basco used to be terrified of the car until Chanel (The Pit) warmed him up to it. Not going to lie he is always looking to be as close as possible but should calm down. On another note this is with ME...he doesn't know the people he would be riding with so I dont feel comfortable answering either way. Ken if you are going to be my Knight in shining armor on this maybe we should move the dogs ASAP to get them used to you. Problem there is you would end up keeping them both as they stick to each other like glue!
Let me know as I am in debt to you for life brother if this goes this way, taking care of family makes you family!

This is what family is all about. Praying for a miss from Ike so we can partake in the legend that is NBT.

Demon 8 said:
Basco used to be terrified of the car until Chanel (The Pit) warmed him up to it. Not going to lie he is always looking to be as close as possible but should calm down. On another note this is with ME...he doesn't know the people he would be riding with so I dont feel comfortable answering either way. Ken if you are going to be my Knight in shining armor on this maybe we should move the dogs ASAP to get them used to you. Problem there is you would end up keeping them both as they stick to each other like glue!
Let me know as I am in debt to you for life brother if this goes this way, taking care of family makes you family!
James-I never got how old the dogs are?? Not that it makes a difference, just curious...you know they will be well loved on!

Demon 8 said:
We were family the minute you joined this club.
What are you doing tomorrow? Where are you located at? What are the dogs "gotta have" :dontknow: treats,toy,ect? We will need to work on them over the next 2 days, and we can work them in the Jeep. How well are they on lead/leash? Spent a few years training Dakota, ( he has his CGC, CD, and works with hand signals) and it comes pretty easy for me...so we will see what we have to deal with tomorrow. Our biggest hurdle will be Dakota..he is 10 now, and pretty set in his way's. I have just contacted a great friend with the FD, and she has offered to foster them as a backup for me. She has a friend who just lost her Bulldog (old age) and may be interested...I do not want to keep Travis from getting Basco..so that will be the objective for the weekend...to get Basco road worthy. I am firing off an e-mail to Kim regarding the potential fostering of the dogs if Dakota does not work out with them.
James you still have my #:dontknow:
Sorry to ramble...trying to get this post off between calls.
I am almost ready to pull myself from the deployment list so we can get this done.

Last edited:
Hold tight
Bringing the dogs to Earls tomorrow, it sounds like if they like them and they get along with their animals, Earl and Julie may take them in. I have your number in PM I think check after this. I should get my new cell tom. or Monday.

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
:top: :top: :top:
Love this club
Love these people
I now fully understand why people travel around the country for GTG...we should start calling them family reunions
I will miss my dogs dearly but I will never have the pain of wondering how they are, hell I should see them when I fly down with Billy and Alex!!!!

:dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito:
EMT/SRT said:
This thread should make the founder(s) of this great website very proud.

grace said:
:dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito:
I am going to Earls tomorrow...sweetheart.:eek: :D around noonish...going to get this done. Probably bringing D.

Awesome stuff everybody!!

If the dogs don't stay at Earl and Julie's and you still need a lift for Basco, I might be able to help if needed. But, I am not leaving until Thursday after work (3:30ish)

Let me know if I can help. I know Kenny has my number.

ntw0rk said:
Awesome stuff everybody!!

If the dogs don't stay at Earl and Julie's and you still need a lift for Basco, I might be able to help if needed. But, I am not leaving until Thursday after work (3:30ish)

Let me know if I can help. I know Kenny has my number.

Thats awesome Scott:rock: If they don't get along with the cats we will be on to plan B:dontknow: Tomorrow will tell us more. Will talk to you Saturday regardless.:D

NBT said:
Thats awesome Scott:rock: If they don't get along with the cats we will be on to plan B:dontknow: Tomorrow will tell us more. Will talk to you Saturday regardless.:D

Cool! I work until 6:30 tomorrow.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back