Losing the Dogs

eddie102870 said:
so your looking at around 400 bucks to fly them.
Read the fine print. We checked Delta and with all the other costs it would be over a grand. My wife did the call so I dont know all the details but there were other stipulations as well. The dogs are wonderful animals and I would love to have them but without pulling any punches I think I would be happier if they had a good home and I will explain. My grandmother is 91 and very fragile. The dogs are what they are and could easily knock her down and her care is number 1. I could seperate the dogs in a different part of the house but that wouldn't be fair to them being in a room all the time away from everything. I have NO JOB AND HAVE NO IDEA HOW I AM EVEN GOING TO PAY OFF THE MOVE. The POD was 2900 here to NY and the auto train is 800
We also have 2000 on the card for the emergency flight up a few weeks back and all the unknown expenses as she is still in the hospital. My Bulldog was checked by the vet and even at 1 1/2 years old has a hip problem. He is absolutely fine right now but could need surgery later in life, so we feed him a glucosamine supplement food. The pit is actually much sweeter than the bulldog. She craves non stop love and doesnt have a mean bone in her body. The bulldog is the same but only when he is in the mood. I have talked to the vet where I adopted the pit and they offered to take her back and find her a new home but that still leaves me needing to find a home for the bulldog and wishing they could stay together because of how well they get along.

So to answer a fair question...would I take them if I could afford it absolutely because they are my family. Would I feel better if someone in this extended family could take them...YES. I would know how to check on them and be able to concentrate on my grandmother in her time of need as she is all I have left for those who havent read other threads. I am an only child and lost my parents when I was much younger. She needs family and I am willing to sacrifice everything to make up for not being there for my father.

Demon 8 said:
Read the fine print. We checked Delta and with all the other costs it would be over a grand. My wife did the call so I dont know all the details but there were other stipulations as well. The dogs are wonderful animals and I would love to have them but without pulling any punches I think I would be happier if they had a good home and I will explain. My grandmother is 91 and very fragile. The dogs are what they are and could easily knock her down and her care is number 1. I could seperate the dogs in a different part of the house but that wouldn't be fair to them being in a room all the time away from everything. I have NO JOB AND HAVE NO IDEA HOW I AM EVEN GOING TO PAY OFF THE MOVE. The POD was 2900 here to NY and the auto train is 800
We also have 2000 on the card for the emergency flight up a few weeks back and all the unknown expenses as she is still in the hospital. My Bulldog was checked by the vet and even at 1 1/2 years old has a hip problem. He is absolutely fine right now but could need surgery later in life, so we feed him a glucosamine supplement food. The pit is actually much sweeter than the bulldog. She craves non stop love and doesnt have a mean bone in her body. The bulldog is the same but only when he is in the mood. I have talked to the vet where I adopted the pit and they offered to take her back and find her a new home but that still leaves me needing to find a home for the bulldog and wishing they could stay together because of how well they get along.

So to answer a fair question...would I take them if I could afford it absolutely because they are my family. Would I feel better if someone in this extended family could take them...YES. I would know how to check on them and be able to concentrate on my grandmother in her time of need as she is all I have left for those who havent read other threads. I am an only child and lost my parents when I was much younger. She needs family and I am willing to sacrifice everything to make up for not being there for my father.

James call me....sent you a pm.

Demon 8 said:

Thank you for the details James. I admire your loyalty and unconditional faithfulness to your grandma. That speaks mountains ........... :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Maybe there are some members who haven't had a chance to read this yet with the recent holiday and the commotion of the hurricanes who will be interested in adopting the two so they can stay together. :dontknow: Let's keep trying :rock:

Good luck, your situation is breakinig my heart. I'd take them if I didn't already have 2 territorial dogs. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Hopefully someone will foster your dogs, so they can be returned to you when you are ready.

I too am moved by your devotion to your Grandmother!

I don't care what Kenny says about you, you're a good man! ;)

J/K Kenny, of course!

I cant thank everyone enough...I dont want to say too much yet but I think this may be resolved with the help of some great friends in here

You and your family are in my prayers-You have obviously stepped up to the plate and I firmly believe we reap what we sew. Everything will work itself out, even though it's hard to see it in the middle of the mess. You certainly have enough family members in here for support!

Wish I was closer to you, I would take them both in a heartbeat. I might be able to check with some folks down your way, check your PM's.

PM's are full James. If you don't have any luck with what you got going on, let me know and I'll see if they have any room. They would be taken care of well.

grace said:
You and your family are in my prayers-You have obviously stepped up to the plate and I firmly believe we reap what we sew. Everything will work itself out, even though it's hard to see it in the middle of the mess. You certainly have enough family members in here for support!
Right on Dawn!!! :rock: :D

This should be a fairly easy fix to keep this family together. I don't care whatcha say, dogs are part of the family :rock:

Attachments

• M&D 7-5-08 011.jpg
    M&D 7-5-08 011.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 31
  • M&D 7-5-08 016.jpg
    M&D 7-5-08 016.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Still not resolved
I can take the pit back to the animal hospital I got her from no problem. Need a home for the Bulldog. Basco is his name, fixed shots loads of love

Sent ya a PM! I can take Basco if someone will bring him to the GTG next week. Just let me know if I can help. He's a beautiful dog.

Great news EMT!!! :congrats:

Now we just keep hoping someone can take the other one it looks like such a well taken care of pooch, and soooooo cute :rock:

Wifey said:
Great news EMT!!! :congrats:

Now we just keep hoping someone can take the other one it looks like such a well taken care of pooch, and soooooo cute :rock:

I think he said the red pit will be taken back where she came from. I just can't stand to think of the male dog to go to a pound or something. I can keep him. Plus if he gets to where he can, he can have Basco back. Maybe someone can bring him to the GTG.

Demon 8 said:
Calling out to the Itch and NBT are you going to the GTG and can you help
do the dogs drink beer?:D j/k bro hope you find a home for them.

eddie102870 said:
do the dogs drink beer?:D j/k bro hope you find a home for them.

Hopefully Kenny or Itch can bring the lil guy to the GTG. It would be cool to have Basco at the GTG to remind us what this forum is all about.

I am on the fence, due to Ike...if he drops to a Cat 2...I will be there...it's up to Robert if he will allow Basco to ride in the 10. I have plenty of covers for the cab.
The female can stay with us vs the animal hospital....pending a GTG with Dakota. This weekend work for ya...:dontknow: I promise she will go to a good home... or will be staying at ours....you know how it goes...she arrives...becomes part of the family...and then is family.

Back