loud engine clunk @ startup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jsandlin, Feb 11, 2010.

Car Parts
  1. jsandlin

jsandlin Full Access Member

yeah is is getting rid of the van....hahahha

2. WOT

WOT Member Supporting Member

That is so rediculous that the dealership did such shotty work. It doesn't take a Viper tech to be able to tighten motor mounts. I would report them to the BBB at least. I would also write a letter to the owner of the dealership and let him know that his service department is completely incompetent. I would also start documenting everything. It sounds like you might end with all of this in court. What is the name of the 1st dealership you took it to so that the rest of us know to avoid it like the plauge?

This is one of the reasons American car companies are doing so poorly. The dealership business model is to hire the cheapest labor possible, even if they cannot perform the basic function they were hired to do.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  3. jsandlin

I completely agree and have all the pictures ready to take to the GM of the dealership (Allen Samuels Katy Dodge). I will be reporting them to the BBB as well and telling whoever else I encounter to STAY AWAY.

4. jsandlin

BBB complaint form sent

5. popstoy

popstoy Full Access Member

i hate dodge sorry to hear about your troubles.

6. Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit Full Access Member

Whats up with that......why cant you go? Just gives you a reason to go to PCB, but Jessica could use the company, and she really likes Jo Ann anyways. Also Jai is looking into getting a room at an apartment owned by the same company at a cheap rate.

7. jsandlin

well well well.......so I just had an hour long meeting with the GM of Allen Samuels and the service manager of the dealership. Apparently the "friend" of mine at the dealership that I immediately contacted after realizing my motor mounts were not bolted in conveniently told the service manager I was going to speak to the GM. She was the one that told me to speak to him and then she turns around and tells him Im going to the GM. Anyways, they were both ready for me when I came in today. I asked for the GM at the front desk and suprise suprise 10 minutes later both the GM and the service manager come walking through the door. It turns out that they knew my truck was at the new dealership (insurance adjust seems to have told them) and had spoken to the guys over there already. Basically they are all out to get me it seems :banghead:! Lets just say that there wasnt much accomplished by the meeting. Neither one admitted fault for the motor mount problem and basically said I could have done it. Bunch of A$$holes really.

8. GADodgetech

GADodgetech Full Access Member

Tell them to pound sand, handle it in court. Bullshit what they did and they know it. :mad:

9. Prof

Prof New Member Supporting Member

Get your truck out of there and get a lawyer...do not speak to them, let the lawyer handle it all...

And we need the names of the dealerships in Bold Caps...

10. VENOMOUS1 RACING

VENOMOUS1 RACING Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!

ALLEN SAMUELS CHEVROLET/DODGE

We have an Allen Samuels Chevrolet house in Waco and they totally have a bad rap around here. Now believe this crap, they just purchased our local Waco Dodge and is now "ALLEN SAMUELS WACO DODGE". Not that our original Waco Dodge was any better.:mad: When Chrysler decided which ones to close, Waco Dodge was one of them, but somehow money talks, and Allen Samuel took the dealership and Dodge brand. I never understood how one OWNER can own a Dodge and Chevrolet dealership. Seems a conflict of interest? Hell, he may even own Ford lots as far as I know. I know he also owns dealerships Dodge/Chevrolet across Texas including Tyler, San Antonio, Waco, Katy, DFW Metroplex and I'm sure plenty more.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  11. jsandlin

Yeah I have found several bad reports on these guys. I may have to just speak to this Allen Samuel guy.

12. Prof

Prof New Member Supporting Member

Post #289.

Hire the first lawyer that says: "I am the reason that the world hates lawyers."

13. 05QCSRT10

05QCSRT10 Full Access Member

Just read threw all 30 pages and 292 post........think I'm gonna take a nap now:D

Sounds like your going to court, thats always fun:mad: Good luck!!!!

14. SlvrSnake

SlvrSnake Full Access Member

Have you contacted Chrysler on this? Could not hurt to explain the situation to them and see if they could lend assistance. Probably not, due to the current economic SNAFU they are in right now, but at least its worth a try.

15. jsandlin

Thats an idea. I think i have some more venting to do anyways.

16. jsandlin

So the guy at the dealership called and said that the idle dropping below 500RPMs is the Idle Speed Motor (AIS Motor):dontknow: Anyone have an idea what this is and what might have caused it. No engine code has been thrown either :dontknow: