loud engine clunk @ startup

Fahrenheit said:
Justin is in the middle of moving and not getting along with the ex-room mate, even with all that crap, the engine started running rough, like caming hard rough. He call the insurance guys back and the picked up the truck, this time it went to Helfman Dodge. He told them what went on the week before, and the "Viper" tech there said " If you had water in the intake, they (Allen Samuels) should have replaced the intake all together" I dont know the WHOLE story, and when he gets a chance, Im sure he will chime in.

I would think if Helfman wants to replace more large components and Justin has to call the insurance agency again to pay for it,its going to be a total. :confused:

OSO said:
I would think if Helfman wants to replace more large components and Justin has to call the insurance agency again to pay for it,its going to be a total. :confused:
The problem is.....once the insurance company starts the repairs, there is very little chance that they'll total it. I was talking to Justin last night and it sounds like the moron that worked on it didn't put some stuff back correctly. He also left the motor mounts completely loose.

SANTEEN said:
The problem is.....once the insurance company starts the repairs, there is very little chance that they'll total it. I was talking to Justin last night and it sounds like the moron that worked on it didn't put some stuff back correctly. He also left the motor mounts completely loose.
If it was bad workmanship he may be alright i was thinking it was due to the original problem.

Fahrenheit said:
Justin is in the middle of moving and not getting along with the ex-room mate, even with all that crap, the engine started running rough, like caming hard rough. He call the insurance guys back and the picked up the truck, this time it went to Helfman Dodge. He told them what went on the week before, and the "Viper" tech there said " If you had water in the intake, they (Allen Samuels) should have replaced the intake all together" I dont know the WHOLE story, and when he gets a chance, Im sure he will chime in.

Why would they need to replace the intake because of water? Its aluminum....not going to rust. I can see mabye removing it and checking and cleaning it BUT replacing it????? WHY.....anyone with ideas on that one??

SHU-DOG said:
Why would they need to replace the intake because of water? Its aluminum....not going to rust. I can see mabye removing it and checking and cleaning it BUT replacing it????? WHY.....anyone with ideas on that one??

had the same thought & its a dry intake:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

May thinking it was flawed or warped somehow due to heat??? Also I remembered him saying they didnt replace the spark plugs, they cleaned them.

Why would anyone clean spark plugs?

I just don't understand that kind of economics...

Once a plug has been run, if it comes out, after inspection, it goes in the trash in my mind...

Prof said:
Why would anyone clean spark plugs?

I just don't understand that kind of economics...

Once a plug has been run, if it comes out, after inspection, it goes in the trash in my mind...
We poor boys still have spark plug cleaners, (not for the 10) but they have saved many dollars over time on my old clunkers.:D A dollar here, a dollar there adds up;) ;)

BTW, if ya have any used plugs send them to me. Wifey said: " if you have any used gold coins send them too. said ya don't need all that used crap laying around. hehe

Last edited:
Fahrenheit said:
tell Justin we are all rooting for him bud:eek:

dadgum if that boy aint had a heap of problems in the past couple weeks:eek:

tell him to get straight, come to panama an we will make sure he is taken good care of:D

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
tell Justin we are all rooting for him bud:eek:

dadgum if that boy aint had a heap of problems in the past couple weeks:eek:

tell him to get straight, come to panama an we will make sure he is taken good care of:D

Im going to try my best to get him to go, Justin and I could share a room with the girls, but his girl will be far along in her pregnancy, so I dont know if they will make it, but I will keep bugging them:D

Fahrenheit said:
Im going to try my best to get him to go, Justin and I could share a room with the girls, but his girl will be far along in her pregnancy, so I dont know if they will make it, but I will keep bugging them:D
ah shucks, tell him we can deliver:D

can you imagine his child having 40 god parents:D

LOL, I have delivered 7 kids so far, never got to do my own ( sucks) I just dont know how he would feel having me looking at her "junk"

Fahrenheit said:
LOL, I have delivered 7 kids so far, never got to do my own ( sucks) I just dont know how he would feel having me looking at her "junk"
ah heck tell him not to worry :D i am SURE no one would look:D :p

"YOU FELLAS HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, IM A PROFESSIONAL" from Ferris Buellers Day Off, before the garage attendant took the Farrari out for a spin

Round 2 Has Begun

Well after having it out with a technician (an all out verbal assault in the service bay and had to be broken up by the "service manager") I was left with a screwed up truck all over again. They assured me that the engine was completed accept for the test drive. A huge part in my book but couldnt do a test drive because apparently my shifter was popping out of gear. This is due to the reverse shift fork that I notified them about. It does in fact pop out of reverse on occasion but every other gear shifted like butter after the slave/master install. After giving me a bill of 6200.00 for a new transmission, clutch, flywheel, and throw out bearing, i threw it back at them and drove off. My office is just over a mile from the dealership and did a high rev run down the feeder road. I immediately noticed that my shifter completely moved to the right. it didnt move out of gear but the whole tranny moved. This is what I discovered when I got to my office.

DRIVE SIDE MOTOR MOUNT
DSC00652.jpg

PASSENGER SIDE MOTOR MOUNT
DSC00651.jpg

DAMAGED AIR FILTER DUE TO ENGINE MOVEMENT
DSC00656.jpg

UNPLUGGED SENSOR ON BELL HOUSING
DSC00653.jpg

After jacking up the mounts and realigning the bolts onto the frame i was good to go (I thought). I drove it home and parked it with no noticeable engine failure. I started it in the morning and it felt like it wanted to bog down. It sounded like a real aggressive cam and was on the verge of stalling out but never did. I shut it off and had her towed the next day to a new dealership. I did verify that they in fact have a viper tech on premises but were having an engine guy look at it :dontknow: . This is where we stand as of now but will let you guys know of breaking news and developments as they occur:argh:

We will see about Panama I sure do want to go. Hang on a minute....she is going to Vegas in a few weeks with her best friend and leaving my ass at home....hmmmmmmmmmmm I think I have an idea :D

jsandlin said:
We will see about Panama I sure do want to go. Hang on a minute....she is going to Vegas in a few weeks with her best friend and leaving my ass at home....hmmmmmmmmmmm I think I have an idea :D
If you come, you owe me a drink for all the free advice. :) By the way, did u talk to the adjuster about the transmission? Let me guess....You forgot.:D

No I told them THIS TIME and yeah Ill get you a drink no problem! Oh and BTW the seal on my dads tranny had gotten sucked into the hole....that didnt sound right

jsandlin said:
No I told them THIS TIME and yeah Ill get you a drink no problem! Oh and BTW the seal on my dads tranny had gotten sucked into the hole....that didnt sound right
I knew it had to be something with a seal or o-ring. Did he get it taken care of?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back