loud engine clunk @ startup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jsandlin, Feb 11, 2010.

Car Parts
  1. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE Active Member Preferred Vendor

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :D

2. SlvrSnake

SlvrSnake Full Access Member

This has got to be the longest f'n post about a truck not running there is. Funny, but long. Also good to see its getting fixed. Thats the important part.

Anyway, I actually read this entire thing and one thing you guys failed to recognize, although someone mentioned about the water having to go somewhere, cracked bell housing, bent rod, flattened electrode, etc. is the following:

The condition for water to get into his engine has to have existing long prior to this last time when it would not start. From the things he was describing about prior instances and the discovery of things like a cracked bell housing, there was damage being done all along but the engine was getting past it and starting up. The last time in my opinion was the coup de grâce for his motor when it could take no more and quit. Long and short of it is even though it is getting fixed the culprit letting the water in has to be rectified or it is just going to happen again.

3. OSO

OSO Full Access Member

Reason its so long is its the only thread on this forum about a truck thats not for sale or been under the knife for the last 5 years

I think Justin got blitzed one night and tried to use hes intake as a bong and forgot to drain the water:D

4. jsandlin

jsandlin Full Access Member

Damn OSO you're not supposed to reveil these things! There could be an insurance agent lurking on the forum! Hey it worked though and the hole on the side of the intake was perfect for a bong!

5. Venom Power

Venom Power Full Access Member

HOLY FUDGESICKLES DUDE! Man I got to page 5 and almost passed out. Water in the intake tube? That would put water down in the air/fuel mixing chamber and cause the truck to drive like shiat. But you said it was fine. If it was raining, is the coupling from TB to CAI tube tight?(since it's located just under the exposed hood scoop). :dontknow: I can't see water getting in through the intake and making it's way into your oil. Was water in the oil? :confused: I'm just fckn lost.

6. OSO

OSO Full Access Member

Hey Justin ask Mr. fudge sickles how he drove around so long with his rear end about to fall out:D

7. SlvrSnake

SlvrSnake Full Access Member

That's one use for the intake I guess:burnout:
    As long as your having fun, go for it.

8. jsandlin

So I get to the dealer to check on progress and it seems they want me to purchase a new tranny, clutch, throw out bearing, and flywheel. total bill of 6,200.00 with labor. I just laughed and said they are a joke. I just put in a new slave and master cylinder a few weeks ago and a new clutch, flywheel, and throw out bearing about 6 months ago. All this because it popped out of reverse. Maybe I need all of this when the REVERSE SHIFT FORK needs replaced.:dontknow: The guy working on the engine said all his work was done and didnt even drive the thing. I guess he knows engines that well. :dontknow:

9. SANTEEN

SANTEEN Active Member Supporting Member

Justin,
    Did you talk to the insuramce co.about the broken bellhousing? Broke from the torque of the starter when the engine locked?:dontknow:

10. jsandlin

I relayed a message to the service manager and never heard anything. It seems they are avoiding it. I left the insurance guy a message and hope to hear from him today. Will definately let him know though.

11. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE Active Member Preferred Vendor

My engine blew in my srt-10 last year, cna I bring it to you and get it warrantied?:D

12. Wifey

Wifey Artificial Wifey Intelligence Supporting Member

Just pull the tranny and it will fix itself :rock: :rock: :rock:

13. jsandlin

I submitted a supplement and they have to have the adjusted come back out to assess the damage so they wouldnt let me take it. I guess we will hear from them soon.

14. SANTEEN

Actually........if u put it all back together to look stock. And wait until we have some good flooding down here, you'd be surprised what I could do.:D There's a reason why I do all the flood damage engines at my dealership.;)

15. GADodgetech

GADodgetech Full Access Member

Shhhhhhhhhh ;) :D

16. SANTEEN

Justin, you make sure you insist that it was not like that before this happened. You're telling the truth and they have to prove otherwise or cover it.

17. SANTEEN

You're right Brandon. I should make sure that the insurance dudes aren't on here snooping. :D

18. GADodgetech

GADodgetech Full Access Member

Or someone might run and tell ;) :D :D :D :D

19. viperhauler

viperhauler Well-Known Member Supporting Member

haha...i'll tell...

now...send me 1,0000000000,000000.0000 dollars us;)

20. Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit Full Access Member

ROUND 2!!!!!

Justin is in the middle of moving and not getting along with the ex-room mate, even with all that crap, the engine started running rough, like caming hard rough. He call the insurance guys back and the picked up the truck, this time it went to Helfman Dodge. He told them what went on the week before, and the "Viper" tech there said " If you had water in the intake, they (Allen Samuels) should have replaced the intake all together" I dont know the WHOLE story, and when he gets a chance, Im sure he will chime in.