loud engine clunk @ startup

:dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :wavey:

hows that prof?

Me and Justin are wondering who truck will be up and running first, mine or his?

Fahrenheit said:
Me and Justin are wondering who truck will be up and running first, mine or his?
yurn:D

Justin you are gettin a killer deal bro, run with it:rock:

an too if they install a new engine ask them about the warranty on the new engine, IF it has a new warranty of 3/36 on the engine itself;)

meantime I am gonna dance around in the shop like a little girl jsut for gadodgetech and santeen:aetsch:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
yurn:D

Justin you are gettin a killer deal bro, run with it:rock:

an too if they install a new engine ask them about the warranty on the new engine, IF it has a new warranty of 3/36 on the engine itself;)

meantime I am gonna dance around in the shop like a little girl jsut for gadodgetech and santeen:aetsch:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek:

In my own defense I never saw the original post :aetsch:

GADodgetech said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek:

In my own defense I never saw the original post :aetsch:
I know, I mentioned it in the third post,:D made a few suggestions then everyone got into the water, so I sit back and waited for the right moment to be an ass:p

I know, I mentioned it in the third post,:D made a few suggestions then everyone got into the water, so I sit back and waited for the right moment to be an ass:p
I still wanna know how the water got in there, Was the air filter dry?

Prof said:
But to bend the electrode the water would have to be only pushing against the outside of the electrode...if any water were on the other side of the metal, the pressure would be equal on all sides...I think it very, very improbable that it would only be on one side in a compression stroke...
BINGO! We have a winner, tell him what he has won Johnny.

And just like Tony said, it happened at two different times.

Bill.

Last edited:
:dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :wavey:

hows that prof?

I love a person who makes a claim and supports it with evidence.

But I am sincerely hoping that there is not a big problem here...many of us have gone through the agony of a blown engine and none of us would ever wish it on anyone. But it seems the evidence is not encouraging.

Last edited:
Prof said:
I love a person who makes a claim and supports it with evidence.

But I am sincerely hoping that there is not a big problem here...many of us have gone through the agony of a blown engine and none of us would ever wish it on anyone. But it seems the evidence is not encouraging.

could be like the one i bent, just a fluke.

AHA! NOW THEN !

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40959

how did the water bend the dang electrode a week before there nissan boy?:D

oh , and me ribs be healed baby:aetsch:
Okay smarty pants.:) It wasn't a week before. He said it was raining the two days before this happened. So unless he didn't drive the truck those two days, he could have easily sucked water into the intake tube. The water puddled in the JMB intake tube, he said he poured 12-16 oz out of the intake tube. If there was that much in the intake, he could have easily sucked water in when starting it, if it was puddled like that in the intake.There is no question that the engine injested water. He drained the oil and at the very end, the milk shake looking oil came out. Then he poured fresh oil in and drained it again and guess what? More water came out. Then he turned the engine by hand with the #6 plug out and guess what, water came out of that plug hole. I still love you Stankman. But, everything points to water damage. Could it have closed the electrode? Possibly. Did it? I have no idea. Neither does anyone else.:dontknow: Anyway, hope this works out for him.

There may well be water induced damage...but I think the point is that with a previously bent electrode on a plug...that was not done by the water...and indicates there there has been loose projectiles in that #3 hole.

Prof said:
There may well be water induced damage...but I think the point is that with a previously bent electrode on a plug...that was not done by the water...and indicates there there has been loose projectiles in that #3 hole.

Or the crank is damaged (flat spot caused by the hydro-lock).... hence the bad bearings. And, it's the #6 piston, not #3. You having flash-backs, Roy? :eek:

Prof said:
Roy, you can't say water didn't close the electrode. The same way I can't 100% say it did. "Loose projectiles" didn't cause it, as the pan has already been taken down and the engine inspected and there was no signs of metal anywhere.:) I know it sounds like I'm beating a dead horse. But, if you only saw what happens when a piston tries to compress water, you probably wouldn't be arguing this right now. :)

SANTEEN said:
Roy, you can't say water didn't close the electrode. The same way I can't 100% say it did. "Loose projectiles" didn't cause it, as the pan has already been taken down and the engine inspected and there was no signs of metal anywhere.:) I know it sounds like I'm beating a dead horse. But, if you only saw what happens when a piston tries to compress water, you probably wouldn't be arguing this right now. :)

Yep. I used to run a PWC (Personal Watercraft) rental on Lake Michigan. I've seen my fair share of what water can do to a motor. :D It's pretty amazing... Like Wifey said earlier, it doesn't take much. :vollkommenauf:

Black1 said:
Yep. I used to run a PWC (Personal Watercraft) rental on Lake Michigan. I've seen my fair share of what water can do to a motor. :D It's pretty amazing... Like Wifey said earlier, it doesn't take much. :vollkommenauf:

can you ride a pwc on Michigan? i know i tried on erie and it was a nightmare, 11ft waves the entire time.

SSPX0312-1.jpg

:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back