Low on power

ViperPete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck feels low on power.

Has 92k.

Gonna change out the plugs and wires because they are original I think. Already have some blue wires.

What are the best plugs for the truck?

This should be fun. The reason I say that is because spark plugs are like oil, everybody has their personal preference. I recommend Champions.

Champions stock type. I have ngk standards bc I have had great luck with then on everything else I own from mower to boat

I had good luck with NGK also......Use a dab of anti seize on the threads....

The intake manifold has to come off to change the plug wires. There is a bolt or 2 that will frustrate you!! LOL Have fun! I would change out the O2 sensors . probably old. might help.

I asked my parts manager here at work and he said that factory plugs are Champs.

I figure I could go back with them because they are pretty inexpensive. I just wanted yalls 2 centavos because maybe there was something better out there.

You can do wires with the intake on. Tony posted a how to thread a long time ago I think. But if you're going to pull it look at some threads discussing it, there's a list of exactly what tools will fit in between the intake runners and make it so much easier. Stock(ish) truck, stock plugs:)

You can do wires with the intake on. Tony posted a how to thread a long time ago I think. But if you're going to pull it look at some threads discussing it, there's a list of exactly what tools will fit in between the intake runners and make it so much easier. Stock(ish) truck, stock plugs:)

With the intake on??

Anyone have a link to that thread?

Stock Champions are just find but QualityWire.com Mark makes the best wires for Vipers I have them on my 01 rt/10 And 06 QC .

With the intake on??

Anyone have a link to that thread?

ITS A MYTH~~~~~

Just joking. I always give Tony a hard time about it. I don't know about the thread but I know that he did it a couple of time.

Another thought is if you are going to pull the intake you might want to replace the coils also. Just a thought.

Use champion plugs. Do not use bosch platinum plugs. Very bad history in all Chrysler vehicles.

I don't see a SCT on your list of goodies. A SCT Tune will give you more horses than plugs and a lot less work. Just a thought.

I don't see a SCT on your list of goodies. A SCT Tune will give you more horses than plugs and a lot less work. Just a thought.

I don't think the coils are weak. Coils either work or they don't IMO.

Have a 6-speed swap- SCT is a MUST!!!

What I mean is over the last couple of months the truck just feels sluggish. Literally like its down 50-80hp.

Do you still have cats on it?

No, I got one when I did my 6-speed swap.

Yes I still have my Cats.

That significant of a power loss would make me think a partially blocked converter, especially without codes or a check engine light.

I don't think the coils are weak. Coils either work or they don't IMO.

Have a 6-speed swap- SCT is a MUST!!!

What I mean is over the last couple of months the truck just feels sluggish. Literally like its down 50-80hp.
I think he was sayin to change them bc yur already there, not as a culprit to yut problem.

The only way to do plug wires correctly and in a neat, orderly fashion. Fishing them through the intake with pliers and such is asking to damage a wire. That and once you have the correct tools for intake removal, it's easy peezy!:D
If start with a tune up as you've mentioned with nothing but Champion RC12ECC

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back