LTT's tranny rebuild

LoveThisTruck said:
Well... I finally got everything I need. I gotta work this weekend, so Alfredo (FerrariTruck) will be heading over here Monday to help me get it all back together.

Gonna rip the new trans apart, and beef it up a bit so this doesn't happen again... install the new SPEC clutch, and new flywheel. Then :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Hope to be back on the road by Tuesday night!

farm out :rock: right arm:rock:

don't forget a new pilot bearing:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :rock:

Hey Larry...

:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

:D

When I get back from Singapore I'll be doing the same damn thing. I have no idea what the inside of #1900's tranny looks like. But it sure sounded like Brad's pics. Only mine is at 61k miles. I don't know if I should go with a SPEC clutch this time around or a Centerforce again.

Cruster said:
Well, did you get the fuggin thing runnin or no? Tearin the tranny down is a bit involved and time consuming but fun!:D :D :D

I'll be working on it Monday and Tuesday.... at work till then.

Venom Power said:
When I get back from Singapore I'll be doing the same damn thing. I have no idea what the inside of #1900's tranny looks like. But it sure sounded like Brad's pics. Only mine is at 61k miles. I don't know if I should go with a SPEC clutch this time around or a Centerforce again.

I'm going with the SPEC. The guys that have it, seem to like it WAY more than the CF.

I have a feeling we're going to see more and more of these tranny failures in the RCs... as the miles rack up, and more trucks are modded. They're not as stout as we thought:(

Hope yours isn't as bad as mine:eek:

LoveThisTruck said:
I'm going with the SPEC. The guys that have it, seem to like it WAY more than the CF.

You have chosen wisely...;) ....I have about 1500 miles on my Spec and love it...the CF never hooked up anywhere near as good.....

TNVIPER said:
You have chosen wisely...;) ....I have about 1500 miles on my Spec and love it...the CF never hooked up anywhere near as good.....

I always needed convincing regarding this choice over CF because I really never hard anyone, except one person, pushing SPEC as a great clutch. I believe that was Blaine@PSI some years back when he was going to sell a new one to z-man. Well Larry, I think you just convinced me. SPEC it will be.

Venom Power said:
I always needed convincing regarding this choice over CF because I really never hard anyone, except one person, pushing SPEC as a great clutch. I believe that was Blaine@PSI some years back when he was going to sell a new one to z-man. Well Larry, I think you just convinced me. SPEC it will be.

cough cough ,,i have that clutch ;)

Venom Power said:

You will like...:rock: :rock: .....Tony can get ya a great price BTW..

Alfredo couldn't make it out here the other day... hopefully get this going tomorrow.

Gotta get it running soon. New guy at work was talking smack today... seems to think his RX8 is fast:dontknow: :D

LoveThisTruck said:
Alfredo couldn't make it out here the other day... hopefully get this going tomorrow.

Gotta get it running soon. New guy at work was talking smack today... seems to think his RX8 is fast:dontknow: :D
hhahahahahahah a fkn rx8, what a bitcch

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back