Magnaflow VS Borla Exhaust!!

VAViperPower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering on everyones input as to the better sound and price on both the Magnaflow Cat. Back and the Borla Cat Back exhaust systems for my 05 Reg. Cab SRT-10. My neighbor has and 04 Reg. Cab with magnaflow and it sounds great on his truck!! Im ready to buy a cat back system asap and just wanted to check with everyone for valuable opinions prior to pulling the trigger on an exhaust system. Also, if anyone has any leads on vendors where either exh. systems can be found for a great price is much appreciated!! :rock:

Heard em both before I purchased a Magnaflow catback...it was Magnaflow hands down for me!!

I prefer the Borla sound and prefer the MagnaFlow tips. MagnaFlow is less expensive.

Ahhh that was another consideration for me I didn't like the Borla tip at all...:dontknow:

just deleate youre cats and youres will have a great sound.

I kinda like the single oval tip of the borla system but havent heard if it roars like the magnaflow does in person. I took a uses 05 srt-10 out for a hard ride from a local dealer and it already had the magnaflow cat back system installed and it sounded bad ass idling or during heavy acceleration. Just wondering if thats the same for the Borla. Mopar Connection, do you have a great price on the Borla system?? Thanks

VAViperPower said:
I kinda like the single oval tip of the borla system but havent heard if it roars like the magnaflow does in person. I took a uses 05 srt-10 out for a hard ride from a local dealer and it already had the magnaflow cat back system installed and it sounded bad ass idling or during heavy acceleration. Just wondering if thats the same for the Borla. Mopar Connection, do you have a great price on the Borla system?? Thanks
i have a good price considering how much they go for... pm me your zip code

mopar connection, great spanking of the lightning!!:rock: I get tired of all my buddies I work with talking smack about how bad their fords are!! I will send them to your myspace page to let them see reality!! Im sure they will be sheading a tear or two and possibly upgrading to a real truck that doesnt need a supercharger to own the road!!!:rock:

VAViperPower said:
mopar connection, great spanking of the lightning!!:rock: I get tired of all my buddies I work with talking smack about how bad their fords are!! I will send them to your myspace page to let them see reality!! Im sure they will be sheading a tear or two and possibly upgrading to a real truck that doesnt need a supercharger to own the road!!!:rock:
right on... send them the link to the video page... myspace settings are on private.

TheMoparConnection said:
comon where's the borla fans!!!???
here's a run a did against a cobra... you can only hear my exhaust.. there's a couple other vids there on my list too
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=793594218

Must be just us YF guys like the Borla. It is nice and quite at idle, rumbles at 25 around town, girgles at the shifts and screams a full throtle. What else could you wish for? I like the design much better than the magnaflow, it's two seperate straight through mufflers. The mag sound like bolts wraped up in paper towels shaken in a coffee can. But that just my opinion.

AND I LOVE THE OVAL TIP

Jeff

Jeff Kehoe said:
Must be just us YF guys like the Borla. It is nice and quite at idle, rumbles at 25 around town, girgles at the shifts and screams a full throtle. What else could you wish for? I like the design much better than the magnaflow, it's two seperate straight through mufflers. The mag sound like bolts wraped up in paper towels shaken in a coffee can. But that just my opinion.

AND I LOVE THE OVAL TIP

Jeff

I agree with everything that you said and would add they don't pop and backfire when you let off the gas, and there's no resonance in the cab at any speed, which I particulalrly like about all Borla exhaust systems that I've had.

How did they (Borla) eliminate the popping on deceleration ? I have a stock muffler with no cats and a cross-over pipe and it still does it,though not nearly as bad as before the cross-over.

HOT RAM said:
How did they (Borla) eliminate the popping on deceleration ? I have a stock muffler with no cats and a cross-over pipe and it still does it,though not nearly as bad as before the cross-over.

Beats me, I don't make 'em I just drive 'em...;) :D ...LOL!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back