Magnaflow VS Borla Exhaust!!

Hummmm Im back to debating on wether the magnaflow is the way to go. I would like to save a couple of hundred $$ by picking up a magnaflow. I was worried if the resonance or exhaust noise in the cabin was too much just cruising down the road I would end up hating the magnaflow. Im all for rumble at idle or going wide open. Anyone had issues with exh. noise in the cab when just rolling along at highway speed?? Any info is appreciated.

VAViperPower said:
Hummmm Im back to debating on wether the magnaflow is the way to go. I would like to save a couple of hundred $$ by picking up a magnaflow. I was worried if the resonance or exhaust noise in the cabin was too much just cruising down the road I would end up hating the magnaflow. Im all for rumble at idle or going wide open. Anyone had issues with exh. noise in the cab when just rolling along at highway speed?? Any info is appreciated.
With stock manifolds and cats the Magnaflow is perfect. No resonance and great sound.

With long tube headers and high flow cats (or no cats) the Magnaflow is FREAKIN LOUD. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's loud.:burnout:

VAViperPower said:

at 80 which is cruising speed on I-75 I get a little resonance.It seems louder with my stage II then with stock.Really it's music to my ears.Let up a little to hear the rumble and man I really do love this truck.As they say go with the FLOW.you save some $$$ and the sound is well, AHHHHHH :rock: :rock:

VAViperPower said:
if you plain on puttin on headers at some time...you may be happy with the borla because the magnaflow is loud with headers...yes i do have some exhaust cabin noise over 4,rpms......:rock:

even with my cat deletes cruising at 80 in 6th gear there is no exhaust drone with the Borla. but when you get on it, its loud

With no cats and MagnaFlow I had some cabin noise,not TOO bad,but it was there.With the cats still in it was better.

well, I heard flowmaster catback sound on a CE: it sounds exotic, with pops and some resonance.

I prefer Muscle Car sound which is kinda hard to get from a V10, but if Magnaflow helps I think it's the way to go.

I had Magnaflow on my 5.9: it hat a very deep and lovely sound.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back