Magnaflow VS Borla Exhaust!!

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I agree with everything that you said and would add they don't pop and backfire when you let off the gas, and there's no resonance in the cab at any speed, which I particulalrly like about all Borla exhaust systems that I've had.

Ditto --- Borla rules - simple!

If I wanted Hell On Wheels to sound like my friends 53 ford flathead with glasspacks I would have bought Cherry Bombs -- sheesh :)

joemags54 said:
Love my Borla! Great note, good fit. $599.00. No pop when getting on or off the pipe.:)

I think the popping on decel is bad ass!!The Borla was just sooo much more $$$ when I put mine on that the Magnaflow just made sense.Of course owning a truck that gets 10 MPG these days really makes alot of sense too!To each his own I guess:rock:

Wow I can't believe all 5 guys who went the Borla route made it into one thread....rotflmao!! 2 each his own man you can't go wrong either way you lose the stock UPS truck sound...that being said Magnaflows your choice!! :D :burnout: :rock: :dancing:

TheMoparConnection said:
Mine pops. but I like it.
Steve you dont get the popping?

No, but it may be the difference between a standard and auto transmission. It would stand to reason that a standard would pop more than an auto on deceleration I guess...:confused: :dontknow:

Craig said:
Wow I can't believe all 5 guys who went the Borla route made it into one thread....rotflmao!! 2 each his own man you can't go wrong either way you lose the stock UPS truck sound...that being said Magnaflows your choice!! :D :burnout: :rock: :dancing:

LOL -- Yeah your right -- It's all personal preference -- no one is really right or wrong - it comes down to what you like and what you don't. Like you said - either way you can't lose -- that being said Borla is for you -- LOL j/k :)

thanks for the awesome feedback. Im gonna have to burn up the plastic again on another upgrade and get the exhause system ordered next week. Sounds like the jury sided with the plaintiff (Borla System). "If it dont fit, you must aquit" spoken by the dumb ass johnny cochran representing his guilty ass client OJ!!!

Thanks again for the info. Has anyone got great prices from Jeff @ premier truck accessories for the Borla system. Ive seen them going for 500-to 850 dollars so im trying to narrow things down and not break myself on just the exhaust. God knows ive got all kinds of other upgrades to save for.

Shop around.Thats alot of scratch.Check with the mopar connection.He may be able to work you a deal.Go with the magnaflow!!

This is a highly personal choice!

My QC pops also and I love it...

With that being said, Magnaflow is the choice that should be made in this situation (and most others) :) :p

magnaflow behby

Had my truck less than a week and I had a magnaflow put on it (muffler w/cats). I love the deep rumbling sound. It's not obtrusive cruising but at WOT it gives me tingly goosbumps (sometimes a chubby) LOL, I definately would pick the Magnaflow over the Borla. I am upgrading again though. I've got a motor to tips exhaust coming from B&B (w/ headers. cats deleted). Vipertruck2933 has a clip on the forum. Now B&B sounds waaay cooler (IMHO) and I'm hoping to pick up a few hp.

Perry

VAViperPower said:
Just wondering on everyones input as to the better sound and price on both the Magnaflow Cat. Back and the Borla Cat Back exhaust systems for my 05 Reg. Cab SRT-10. My neighbor has and 04 Reg. Cab with magnaflow and it sounds great on his truck!! Im ready to buy a cat back system asap and just wanted to check with everyone for valuable opinions prior to pulling the trigger on an exhaust system. Also, if anyone has any leads on vendors where either exh. systems can be found for a great price is much appreciated!! :rock:

Last edited:
i had the borla for the 1st year i had my truck (its O K )and when i added the headers i changed out to the magnaflow....the magneflow is lounder and has a deeper sound on my truck with the headers.....great combo setup i think...got to have that lound deep sound..:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back