MISFIRE/SURGE with ROE SC, IC,ROE camshaft & meth

yes it does look like that.
i found it 6 inches from the vec and about 24 inches from the engine

and yes according to the shop the rebuilt the engine...

Don't reuse thet line. There is no telling what else has been pushed through it. Use a fresh piece of hose in its place. If that barb didn't come from either end, where the heck did it come from?

Is this a reputable shop?

Do you have a wideband? Is it wired into the VEC? Do some data logs using the VEC to record.

dont know how to hook my vec upto a laptop... not sure if the wideband o2 i have is wired in... ill have to check.

i'll be calling sean roe and the ppl who rebuild it today.

Don't know much about SRT10s but I do have a pretty built 5th gen camaro and all I can say is I would take it back to the shop and have them start looking around. There should be -NO- metal in your vacuum line...especially that what you posted seems to be a hose barb.

BTW SPI is a reputable shop. They make quite a few 5th gens and I have hard nothing but good things about them.

dont know how to hook my vec upto a laptop... not sure if the wideband o2 i have is wired in... ill have to check.

i'll be calling sean roe and the ppl who rebuild it today.

You'll need the software disk, Serial pigtail, and Sean can tell you which port to use for the wide band signal. It's going to be hard for any tuner to help without data logging info.

Here's a video of the current issues

I happens when i'm cruising, then going to wide open throttle...
let me know what u think. i tried to position the cam as best as I could...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRQbBzypbOg]Misfire/Surge on ROE supercharged 2004 srt-10 viper - YouTube[/ame]

Here's a good pull. not sure if it's to it's full potential but...
It's from a roll, and made good boost with little to no issues.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re-FW50ienw[/ame]

Last edited:
Pull the plugs out and inspect them. They will tell you the story, but i still think they really just screwed up the tune!! get Sean Roe to send you a base tune and see if it helps. if it does you will need to find a shop that can rewrite all the fuel maps and timing curves around your mods. the stock computer cannot adapt with the changes you have made.

Might have time tonight to pull the plugs and have a look... i'll post a few pics

i'm hoping they at least got to tune the truck before the blockage occurred... prolly not though so i plan to send it back to the shop who repaired it

I put a used Roe SC on mine and fought it for awhile too. Ended up being a small intake manifold leak caused by me using regular silicon based sealant. I contacted Roe and they gave me a part number for a special lok-tite adhesive to use in the manifold front/rear connection points that won't deteriorate from the fuel. Cured a lot of problems for me and might be worth checking. Mine was fine for a few hundred miles until the fuel ate the silicone seal and it started a vacuum leak.

I'm not a ROE guy, but. in your sig it says you are intercooled. Is there a blow-off valve in the system? Could you be producing too much boost and making it lift?

make sure you dont have any intake leaks and all the intercooler is sealed

was the ROE removed with this last round of upgrades/build

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back