Mobil1 or Pennzoil?

SRTForLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VIPR PWR has brought to my attention that Pennzoil has now made an oil with SRT stamp on it, and they will be using only that on the new vipers. Has anyone switched to this yet? I've heard it's cheaper than Mobil1 as well.

It's probably the Pennzoil Ultra, supposed to be pretty good, what grade??

I got the brochure from ralph srt engineer and in that brochure talks about how they now will run penzoil 0w-40 bottle has the SRT stamped on the front and they encourage you to switch to penzoil

i heard its all because they got a cheaper deal with pennzoil but who knows. i just want to know what is truly best for my damn truck lol.

it is suppose to outperform Mobil 1. I will be switching the next oil chnage. I'm currently using Penz Ultra in the benz

I'm going to stick with the Mobil 1 15-50...........Covers the climate temps here, above and beyond ,,, Helps quite down the motor and uses no oil between oil changes also give more and consistant pressure reading ..... Tampa area of Florida

Walmart here carries it at 24.95 for a 5 gal. jug at the moment ..

Last edited:
I'll stick with royal purple 10-30, I've seen the inside of more than one engine that ran Pennzoil and none looked good. That was with their regular oil not their syn.

Ive used pennzoil in all my vehicles for the last couple years, I never gave any other brand a chance. My grandad swore by it and used it for 30+ years.

I'll be switching to Total Quartz 10-50 next oil change!!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of starting a new thread I'll just ask here.
I know some of y'all use the Mobil 15-50 but what about the 15-40 diesel oil?

Never tried it ! But I have seen posts from some that say they use the diesel oil in the 10's ... Stinker I believe was one of them .

Oils should be chosen on the temperatures/ climate you live in .... Check the oil temperature chart of the different weights of oil for a specific climate temperature range ....
http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/oil-change.html

Last edited:
Yeah I live in Texas where summers are 100*+ almost every day so I think the thicker oil would be better for me.
Now I just need to decide between the 15-50 and 15-40 diesel stuff.

I'm switching at my next oil change which isn't to far down the road.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back