Mobil1 or Pennzoil?

I'm going to stick with the Mobil 1 15-50...........Covers the climate temps here, above and beyond ,,, Helps quite down the motor and uses no oil between oil changes also give more and consistant pressure reading ..... Tampa area of Florida

Walmart here carries it at 24.95 for a 5 gal. jug at the moment ..

Screw the hype, I am Mobile 1 for life(15-50).:rock:

I'm going to change my oil before I store the truck for the winter. I'm kind of interested in the new Penn 0-40. I may try it.

I have used Mobil 1 full synthetic since I got the truck. I switch back and forth between 0W-40 in the winter and 15W-50 in the summer. Seems to work just fine for me. Less engine noise in the summer and pressure is stable year round.

I wouldn't use Pennzoil in my lawnmower. I've torn down to many engines that have run just Pennzoil and they always seem to be full of gunk. No experience with their synthetic but why start now?

i have always been against Penzoil, but they have changed their formula and is now Factory fill for all Ferraris and SRT's

This time, I bought Castrol Full synthetic 20-50 to try to see if it will quit burning thru the oil. The mobil 1 is too thin!

I use strictly Amsoil in the ten. I've used Pennzoil exclusively up till now and my engines are clean enough to eat out of the valve covers. Pulled the front timing cover to replace the timing chain on my old '84 van and my friend and professional mechanic was AMAZED at how it looked inside. With over 100k on the engine. Ran the 20W50 HP oil they had in my '72 Challenger and ran it like I had stolen it! Never a problem. The only oil I refuse to run is Quaker State.

Well it may be more of an issue of maintenance frequencies than the actual brands themselves. We all have our preferences.

I use ENEOS 5-40 synthetic. I did an internet search a few years ago and found a dyno test of various oils. The Eneos 5-40 made the most power of all tested. I have used it for over 6 years, have several 1/4 mile passes (200-300), I have 64,000 miles on my stock engine and have no oil usage between changes (3,000 miles). I have been very pleased, and have had good results (best et 11.631, best mph 118.15).

Ill stick with m1 0w40. It has good amounts of zinc and phosphate.
You guys should research the oil content and make a wise decision.
Mobil1 0w40 is my choice after doing much research.

Well it may be more of an issue of maintenance frequencies than the actual brands themselves. We all have our preferences.

I agree. In my everyday truck (Hemi) I use whatever is on sale and is changed every 2k. My Camaro (low 9 second street car) and Srt both get Penzoil 25w-50 racing oil. Camaro oil is changed once a year which is probably less than 400 miles and Srt will get changed every 2k (well actually the first change on the new engine was at around 150 miles and will do another when it hits 1k).

I don't really care how long they say the oil is good for. I like clean oil and I believe that is the most important thing personally.

I have the mobile 1 diesel 5-40 in my SRT, and the only reason I put it in was it was recommended to me after I needed to change the oil and didn't have enough royal purple in 5-40 to do it.

I'll give the 10-40 a shot next summer.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back