Mopar Gen IV hybrid install... underway

Don't mislead people, Justin. It's not nice. :D

Nope. A couple people tried it, but the way the power came on was just too much for the truck frame/crossmember to handle. People even got hurt, though thankfully no one died. JTSVenomous1 had a solution to make it work (bleeding off power through a much larger crankshaft pulley, I think it was), but no one has tried it.

You should do it!

I think you should reread the thread from the beginning!..............He wasn't to impressed with the results. didn't recieved the advertised HP increase!

Nope. A couple people tried it, but the way the power came on was just too much for the truck frame/crossmember to handle. People even got hurt, though thankfully no one died. JTSVenomous1 had a solution to make it work (bleeding off power through a much larger crankshaft pulley, I think it was), but no one has tried it.

You should do it!

LIES!!!!!

I read about that!!! 3 pedestrians DID DIE! Damnit man! Have some respect!

I believe my build is similar, but with much better heads and a plastic Gen V intake....stay tuned , it's getting close.

I believe my build is similar, but with much better heads and a plastic Gen V intake....stay tuned , it's getting close.

Yes, you will have much better results.

Honestly people... my combo needs/needed a cam. Anyone out there who has built an engine knows if you add heads/intake/exhaust without also improving the bumpstick... the results will be limited.

I gave it a shot knowing in the back of my mind, it would be tough to pull off... but Mopar claimed it (so it must be true, right... just like "everything you read on the internet").

But here's the deal... the truck runs extremely well...it was just really expensive to get it there. It was just about 30rwhp short of what was advertised. A cam change would easily make up for that, if not more. However, given this is not my hot-rod, I like the OEM driveability, and haven't spent the time or $$ for an improved bumpstick. And getting the extra power at the top-end of the rev-range after traction has been achieved is not _always_ a bad thing. ;)

Trainman, with his driving skills, and attention to detail getting the truck to hook... will run ridiculous times with his combo!! :D

Back