Move the F over Ken Jerry's Coming With A Full Head Of Steam

Nah, just 215rwhp hopefully, my peak stock is at 485 rwhp.:D

Here's a real 541 RWHP Srt10 with a reputable shop (DC Performance) doing the dyno:

Trainman's Race Tune Pull #1 541 HP video - trainman's race tune pull #1 541 hp

I thought your peak was 541?? what happened? you running on 9cyl or something?

Know we know a more realistic number for ya just knock off 8% to get a true reading and your there 43hp off the top " mustang dyno" we all know dynajet runs 8% high and yep you have the hp number we expected..

Last edited:
Oh and Brad Trainman better beat my time if he does not hes got serious problems..
Trucks been gutted, slicks, fully built big bore motor.. I should hope he has no trouble. Although I dont think its a goal he should be to proud of beating.. Maybe if he ranks up where he hopes to rank that is something to be proud of.. But not beating a full weight pick up ... not so much...

Oh and Brad Trainman better beat my time if he does not hes got serious problems..
Trucks been gutted, slicks, fully built big bore motor.. I should hope he has no trouble. Although I dont think its a goal he should be to proud of beating.. Maybe if he ranks up where he hopes to rank that is something to be proud of.. But not beating a full weight pick up ... not so much...

I'm not worried about beating your truck, I'm shooting for the number 3 spot on the list (10.73) which was the record holder for several years, until the two Turbocharged trucks have moved the record into the 9's. Every truck on the current top 10 list has a power adder of some sort, I will be the only all NA truck on the list, a little lighter than most, but as you can see from the video that my street trim shows no evidence of light weight mods. I think an NA truck beating the previous record holder that was supercharged and on nitrous is pretty cool. And just to be clear for the 7th or 8th time, I never claimed 541 rwhp (that's Brads comment) , I always claimed the best I ever saw on a Dynajet was 510 rwhp (uncorrected) with 109 race fuel and the max tune. The 541 video was on a Dynapack, not turning the heavy stock wheels, obviously it will read higher. The newest video is on the A&C Dyno to get a baseline on the stock engine at 485 rwhp, and that was with the mild 91 octane tune with an AF ratio of 13.3, very safe street tune, not ideal for max power. What was always interesting to me and I could never quite figure out....was on the time slip you posted of your 11.51 @ 121 run and on the best run I had at 11.63 @117.99 my time slip shows that my truck (with much less horsepower than your fully built motor) was 3 tenths (yes a full .3 seconds) of a second quicker than your truck from the 1/8th mile to the 1/4 mile finish. How does that happen if you have 100-150 more rwhp than I have?

Different track, different conditions, different surfaces, different builds, different trucks, different drivers, different elevation, different weather conditions, different everything i guess..

What I dont get is how 541 hp on a dyno turns into 480..

Different track, different conditions, different surfaces, different builds, different trucks, different drivers, different elevation, different weather conditions, different everything i guess..

What I dont get is how 541 hp on a dyno turns into 480..

Let's keep this simple so even a Canadian can understand.
1. The 541 was an actual dyno reading on a DynaPack. The rear wheels are removed (you probably missed that while watching the video) so I wasn't spinning over 180 lbs of rotating mass. It was the race tune, on race fuel (not a 91 octane street tune). Sort of like how an engine on an engine stand will make more horsepower than the same engine, installed in a truck or car will make less horsepower because of drivetrain loss.

2. It's 485 not 480. It was on a Dynojet (different dyno). It was on pump gas, 91 octane. It was the street tune, not the race tune. So big difference.

3. Different dyno, different day, different weather conditions, different tune, different gas, not spinning the heavy stock wheels and tires, different everything I guess.....you answered your own question.

4.So let's see what I'm really making and how that makes you feel. 485 rwhp times .92 (your precious 8% for your Mustang dyno) gives me an actual , for real number of 446.2 rwhp. Now I have a truck with a stock engine that makes 446.2 rwhp to your $20,000+ dollar built motor that makes at least 120+ (if you're at 560 on your precious Mustang dyno) and you ran a whole Earth Shattering .12 (twelve hundreths) of a second quicker. Money well spent! I don't think my light weight reductions and a pair of slicks cost even 15% of what you spent.

5. Now I have a truck making less horsepower than just about everybody else on the forum ( I think everybody makes more than 446 rwhp) and with just some simple weight reduction, which on Monday after a race no one can tell my truck has ever been modified (weight wise)....and I'm almost 2-3 seconds quicker than everybody else except Justin, Rick and Scott. I don't know how I do it. Maybe after I break the NA record I will never run the 1/4 mile again.....makes sense to me. If I had a truck run 11.51 @ 121 on street tires at full weight I would never run it again either.

Last edited:
$20,000? Wow I didn't know spent that much I really got ripped off for what it was quoated. About 50% more. Ohwell I guess I should have checked that blank check before I Handed it over. Lol. And if it came down to it. A gutted out pos with miss matching doors and mirrors to a stock looking truck I'd throw in an extra 10k. Just to not look like a hilbilly racing team.

And what about all your scientific calculations showing well over 500hp? Guess there not that sientific after all. Lol.

Anyhow. Don't get all but hurt, in the end you did finally listen to me after sucking striker balls for years and took my advice that gen4s and now 5s out flow the he'll out of strikers.

So now you can take your gutted out truck down the track with some power.

Hope it's quick. And if Ya ever wanna stretch her legs I'll line up with ha on a air strip and well see how fast she really is.

Let's keep this simple so even a Canadian can understand.
1. The 541 was an actual dyno reading on a DynaPack. The rear wheels are removed (you probably miss3ed that while watching the video) so I wasn't spinning over 180 lbs of rotating mass. It was the race tune, on race fuel (not a 91 octane street tune). Sort of like how an engine on an engine stand will make more horsepower than the same engine, installed in a truck or car will make less horsepower because of drivetrain loss.

2. It's 485 not 480. It was on a Dynajet (different dyno). It was on pump gas, 91 octane. It was the street tune, not the race tune. So big difference.

3.So let's see what I'm really making and how that makes you feel. 485 rwhp times .92 (your precious 8% for your Mustang dyno) gives me an actual , for real number of 446.2 rwhp. Now I have a truck with a stock engine that makes 446.2 rwhp to your $20,000+ dollar built motor that makes at least 120+ (if you're at 560 on your precious Mustang dyno) and you ran a whole Earth Shattering .12 (twelve hundreths) of a second quicker. Money well spent! I don't think my light weight reductions and a pair of slicks cost even 15% of what you spent.

$20,000? Wow I didn't know spent that much I really got ripped off for what it was quoated. About 50% more. Ohwell I guess I should have checked that blank check before I Handed it over. Lol. And if it came down to it. A gutted out pos with miss matching doors and mirrors to a stock looking truck I'd throw in an extra 10k. Just to not look like a hilbilly racing team.

And what about all your scientific calculations showing well over 500hp? Guess there not that sientific after all. Lol.

Anyhow. Don't get all but hurt, in the end you did finally listen to me after sucking striker balls for years and took my advice that gen4s and now 5s out flow the he'll out of strikers.

So now you can take your gutted out truck down the track with some power.

Hope it's quick. And if Ya ever wanna stretch her legs I'll line up with ha on a air strip and well see how fast she really is.
If I remember right you had a set of Gen IV's on the truck which requires a different intake and exhaust manifolds, then took them off and redid the motor with ported GenIII's , probably cam, maybe more . I apologize if I miss quoted you. All of that was probably more than $10,000, but I could be wrong.

I have no idea what scientific calculations you are talking about? My dyno results every time I have made a change have been reported on here, straight from the dyno the truck was on, NO scientific calculation that I know of.

And I didn't suck any balls. And I didn't finally listen to you. Striker went out of production. The Striker is still a good head, and if available I would have gotten a pair. It made more sense to me because I could have kept my intake manifold and headers (Gen III stuff) which would have bolted onto the Strikers. This build has evolved because the Strikers were not available. Don't get me wrong....I'm really happy with the GenIV conversion, but I would not have gone this route had the Strikers been available.

And I'm trying to keep this without name calling. My truck is not a POS or a hillbilly truck, and the mismatched paint has been corrected by my body shop at no cost to me. Check out the latest videos at Famoso. You have nice trucks, and I have never called them a POS. I would appreciate the same courtesy. You have fun at your Texas Mile and good luck on cracking 200 mph, I hope you do it. Everybody is different, I have far less money to spend than you do, and I have no interest in high speed runs. 1/4 mile acceleration is what does it for me. Peace Ken. It might be fun to run your 1000+ horsepower truck against my 700 (oops, forgot the 8%)....my 644 horsepower truck and run them on the drag strip.....but only if you are on street tires:D

Last edited:
All you've ever done is post up all your mods and timeslips Jerry, nothing but helpful info from you. Some people just like to nitpick and criticize.:p:D

weight reduction, turbos, nitrous or ported heads/cams. power is power to me. Good luck with your goal.

Update time:
Just met with Hickok Racing in California City yesterday. The truck is there for a complete rear suspension mod and full cage roll-bar in the cab. I will be going to a full ladder bar system with coil-overs, fully adjustable. Bill Hickok builds one of the fastest pro-mod Camaros in the US (3.99 @ 200mph in the 1/8th) and he will set the truck up to go dead straight and transfer weight. I told him that my best with the factory leaf set-up and CalTracs was a 1.57 60', he said we'll beat that easy. Great Guy.

Spoke with Greg Good on Monday, and the issues with the T&D Rockers has been solved. Because of the massive port work on the heads (Gen IV's) the rocker offset was causing a problem. That has been cured. The Gen V Intake has been ported and port matched. Heads and Intake will be shipped on monday to A&C.

Block has been completed, machine work, wet sleeves , etc. Will be a 4.15 bore, stock stroke for 536 cubic inches. Cam has been received as well as the cam roller bearings for the block. We will be ordering pistons (11.5 to 1), forged rods and Jessel Solid roller lifters. Cam specs are 248-256 @ .720 lift , 112 center.

A&C is setting up an Engine Dyno Room, so we will start, break-in and tune the engine before installation. We will know what the engine makes at the flywheel and also installed in the truck. Things are finally moving along. I've asked Todd at A&C to get some photos of the progress. Hopefully some will be coming soon.

Truck made 485 rwhp and 516 rwtq on the 91 street tune before we pulled the motor. Hopefully we may hit 700 rwhp, so anybodys guess as to what it might run. I'll have to beat 10.82 (ArrestMeRed's best nitous pass) to win my $ 400 bet. I'll have 10 shake down passes to beat that mark. I have promissed (or hoped for) a pass of 10.72 or quicker to be #3 on our top 10 list. My previous best is 11.63 with a best 60' of 1.57, so with an extra 215+ rwhp and an improved 60' time with the ladder bars along with at least 100 lbs less weight (from the stock rear suspension), I like my chances. Oops I forgot I will be adding so weight with the roll bar....oh well. Things are getting exciting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back