My cure for the Gas crisis

GILMO'S10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as we all know gas is just getting WAAAAY out of hand.While I love my 10 and would drive it everyday if I could afford to I cant.Having always had that need for speed I decided to get myself a new Bike.Traded in my VTX1800 honda on a new Beamer!!tried the cruiser thing but just not for me.The Honda was great and had no problems with it for 3 years.Def not a harley guy so went with a sport touring bike.167 hp,0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds!!Best of all she gets close to 40 mpg.Thats right 40 MPG!!! power to weight ratio's that rival alot of VERY expensive sportscars!! Had it about 2 weeks and loving more each day except for the stinking rain!! Bought a new rain suit so I am ready.Got the new pipe on order and should be here this week.Gotta have the sound!!Wife is just now starting to talk to me!! o well she will get over it!!Check it out!!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

IMG_2478.JPG IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG IMG_2476.JPG

Last edited:
Really sweet bike but keep her under 75 and stay in one piece dude.. Those things frighten me.

moparracing said:
be very careful out there........ bikes get no respect from drivers & you don't have steel around you to protect you..... :)

Some bikes get a lot of respect:

SpencerJune22008006b.jpg

todd hughes said:
HA HA HA GET A HARLEY OR IRON HORSE WITH 117 MOTOR 180 BACK TIRE .:marchmellow:

Yeah Right.:D :D Might get you laid but would never own a hardly.oops I mean Harley.180? tire.Beamer comes stock with a 190.:D :D

505'sFastestViper. said:
love that single sided swingarm and 167 hp is very respectable

not a busa but pretty damn close!! Rode a busa lowered and stretched.Not too comfy!! But man those things are faaaast!! Bike has been compared to the Busa and zx14 kawi. 175 top speed.I really was looking for something you dont see alot of on the roads.Kind of like our trucks!!Now if the wife would just get over it things would be great!!:rock: :rock:

SilvrSRT10 said:
Beautiful bike.:rock:
I found this the other day and thought it was pretty cool. My wife won't ride with me on the Buell but she said she'd climb on the back of this. She doesn't like leaning. Can-Am Spyder Reverse Trike.
http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=282

Someone posted a link to this but this is cool too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClpwPxKoGKU

The dealer here in Naples has those for sale.Had a chance to test ride one.No balls at all!! 3 wheel thing would be hard to get used to.Bike sits very low too.With all the blue hairs we have around here it would be hard to see on the road!!Hell they cant see a freaking Semi!!! :rock:

moparracing said:
be very careful out there........ bikes get no respect from drivers & you don't have steel around you to protect you..... :)

U got that right bro.Have been riding down here in florida for almost 30 years.Really have to be on the defensive while riding.There are so many idiots on the road and half of them around here have blue hair and cant see over the wheel!! :D :D

Nice bike man. I too am selling my VTX1800R. I ride my ZX12R way more and the Honda just sits there so I understand why you did it. Be careful out there.

That's my choice for my next bike. BMW did a great job on them.

Going to start looking for a '06 yellow/black K1200S this winter. Although Black looks really sweet!

Congrats!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back