My girl (Willow) is in the doggy hospital:

Django

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Y'all,

The last few days, my girl (dog) Willow has been unable to hold down her food.....

Yesterday, Lynette took her to the vets and they did bloodwork on her......

She didn't throw up yesterday and seemed a little perkier. She did however have a temp of 103 (if I recall correctly).

Today the vets called with the results of her blood panels and reported that Willows liver numbers....her ALTs (it's a liver enzyme) were sky high...about 1300 (normal would be more like 80)....

So Lynette has taken her to the big time, high tech animal hospital for treatment and more testing. She'll most likely be there overnight....This is a 24/7 operation. They'll be constantly monitoring her........

I must admit that I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who knows anything more than I do about canine medicine. I'd also covet your prayers and support....

I am a bit of a pussy when it comes to the well being of my animals...I'm worried about my girl and I admit being down about it....

If anyone has any words of wisdom or experience with liver problems such as this, I'd appreciate you sharing them with me.....

Willow was really kinda perky this morning and seemed really happy, but her eyes and the inside (fleshy part) or her ears was a tad jaundiced.... Poor kid....

Thanks for your your love and support.......

Django

I know how you feel Tim, some years ago I had to take my dog Barney in because gloucoma (sp) had made his eyes bulge out. The Michigan state university animal hospital did an opperation on his eyes that helped the problem for a few years. When your pet is hurting, you are hurting, I know. I hope Willow feels better real soon.

Bill.

Thanks to you all..... This shit breaks my heart......

Lynette just called... They're doing an ultrasound exam on her now and depending on what they see, they may have to do a liver biopsy to determine whether or not this is just a liver infection or something more serious.

Thanks again for your prayers and kind words.......They are most comforting.

Django

Last edited:
Damn Tim, I hate to hear that. I really hope it all works out well, I know how it feels when you dog isn't doing well. I get scared every time that my boy Charlie is under the weather. He's almost 9, which is about 400 in bulldog years. Good thoughts and prayers headed your way.

OCBob said:
Damn Tim, I hate to hear that. I really hope it all works out well, I know how it feels when you dog isn't doing well. I get scared every time that my boy Charlie is under the weather. He's almost 9, which is about 400 in bulldog years. Good thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Thanks, amigo....Thanks alot.....

Pat that boy on the head for me, OK...?

T

you got my prayers bro

i'll talk with joanne tonight she is really up on it

our last spitz is well getting old
so the care has been more frequent

D,

Sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and Willow.

I know how you feel..........I seem to have more compassion for animals than people.

Wish ya'll the best.

Lee

Damn, Silent D, sorry to hear this. I know it's hard, alot of us have been there before. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care bro.

RedSrt007 said:
Good luck w/ the situation Tim...

Dogs are family members and It hurts when there sick..

Patrick

Thanks, Patrick......

Indeed it does.......

SD

Geez Louise Timbo :( :( :( I am sorry to hear that your doggie is not feeling well, I know when Lady had surgery to remove 48 stones in her bladder and stomach, plus a Hernia that I could put my finger through I was a mess :( That Dog is part of my family, just as you are....I am at home if you need or want to talk Bro....Much Love and I hope this just turns out to be bad gas or something :( Mikey

TheSickness said:
Geez Louise Timbo :( :( :( I am sorry to hear that your doggie is not feeling well, I know when Lady had surgery to remove 48 stones in her bladder and stomach, plus a Hernia that I could put my finger through I was a mess :( That Dog is part of my family, just as you are....I am at home if you need or want to talk Bro....Much Love and I hope this just turns out to be bad gas or something :( Mikey

Thanks Mikey.....Your friendship means alot to me, bro......

Maybe I should call "The thief of Bhadgas"..................?

I'll keep ya up to speed...........Thanks again for your kindness.....

Everyone should know that this is the REAL Mikey....................;)

SD

Tim...Our thoughts and prayers are with you....and we pray that there is a simple and curable solution to Willows problem...

God Bless

cutrot-1.jpg

bart.jpg

NBT said:
Tim...Our thoughts and prayers are with you....and we pray that there is a simple and curable solution to Willows problem...

God Bless

cutrot-1.jpg

bart.jpg

Thanks alot Ken......... Great shots of your pooches......

Thanks again..........

UPDATE:

Just talked to Lynette.

The doctor's will be keeping Willow overnight.

Tests for cancer are negative, Thank God.....

The problem is that there's a blockage between her gall bladder and her liver.... They can't see what's causing it on the ultrasound. So they will keep her on IV meds (I presume antibiotics and other stuff) and check her in the morning.

If the situation (blockage) is unchanged, they will do surgery to remove whatever is mucking up the works in there. Perhaps the whole gall bladder if neccesary...not sure.....

God willing (hopefully) this is all there is to it......

I am just thankful that this isn't any worse than it is.......

Thanks again for all the prayers and support.....:rock:

SD

Wow! Sorry to hear about your little girl Tim!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Willow too!!

And Peanut says Hi, and get well soon Willow!!
DSC03138.jpg

Sorry about your pain...I know when one of ours is sick it is hard on all of us. Good to hear it is not cancer. I have a feeling everything will be OK, even if they do need to do surgery.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back