My girl (Willow) is in the doggy hospital:

SD,

Do you have Tylenol (acetaminophen) around the house where the dog can get to it? This is not a joke. You can really elevate your ALT from a Tylenol overdose. Our dog got to those red jell caps, thus causing some liver damage, but it will clear with time and plenty of water.

The vet said it can also be hepatitis A or B causing liver damage.

Your dog is not fat and looks fairly young, so it probably isn't diabetes another possible cause.

Best wishes.

Bone
Liver Enzymes
• ALT - (alanine aminotransferase) - was previously called SGPT is more specific for liver damage. The ALT is an enzyme that is produced in the liver cells (hepatocytes) therefore it is more specific for liver disease than some of the other enzymes . It is generally increased in situations where there is damage to the liver cell membranes. All types of liver inflammation can cause raised ALT. Liver inflammation can be caused by fatty infiltration (see fatty liver) some drugs/medications, alcohol, liver and bile duct disease.

attached pic of our dog trying to steal a bag of dog food from the garage

Attachments

• xmas03_2181.JPG
    xmas03_2181.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Timmy I hope you dont mind but I stole your Avi :eek: Just wanna show some support for one of my best friends that is hurting right now.....Much Love Bro :rock:

CarDude said:
Sorry about your pain...I know when one of ours is sick it is hard on all of us. Good to hear it is not cancer. I have a feeling everything will be OK, even if they do need to do surgery.

Thanks alot, my friend......

ntw0rk said:
Wow! Sorry to hear about your little girl Tim!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Willow too!!

And Peanut says Hi, and get well soon Willow!!
DSC03138.jpg

Thanks, Scotty.........Peanut is adorable.............lol....whatta face.

Bone said:
SD,

Do you have Tylenol (acetaminophen) around the house where the dog can get to it? This is not a joke. You can really elevate your ALT from a Tylenol overdose. Our dog got to those red jell caps, thus causing some liver damage, but it will clear with time and plenty of water.

The vet said it can also be hepatitis A or B causing liver damage.

Your dog is not fat and looks fairly young, so it probably isn't diabetes another possible cause.

Best wishes.

Bone

attached pic of our dog trying to steal a bag of dog food from the garage

Indeed that's true about Tylenol........

My ALTs are a bit whacky too and that's the first thing my doctor asked me...."Have you taken a buncha Tylenol...?"

I just asked Lynette if Will was tested for diabetes...She said yes they tested for that too..... Actually, she's only 3 and 1/2 but she is a little roundish..... But the results (thank God) were negative for diabetes too....

It's so good of you offer input about Willow, Dave....Thanks alot for caring..... I know that you're a good guy and I appreciate that in you...... more than you might know.....

Funny picture of "caught in the act" ... Here's one kinda like that.....

Thanks again.....

Tim

Last edited:
My thoughts and prayers go out to you.I am very attached to my dogs and I understand how you feel.I hope all is better for her soon.

Thanks again to you all..............

There's alotta love in this place...........

tadp

Dog's are truely man's best friend. D, I wish you and your pal the best.

Attachments

• liv_cacr_pic001.gif
    liv_cacr_pic001.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 14
  • graydog.gif
    graydog.gif
    2 KB · Views: 48
  • doggie.gif
    doggie.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 48
  • brooke1.gif
    brooke1.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
ntw0rk said:
Wow! Sorry to hear about your little girl Tim!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Willow too!!

And Peanut says Hi, and get well soon Willow!!
DSC03138.jpg

AAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! Theres that EVIL little monster that was chasing me around the Landing!!:p :p :p

Tim....I'm soooo sorry to hear about Willow. It breaks my heart Bro!:( Zeus (My Lab) and I will be praying for a speedy recovery....He really likes Willows Pics!:dontknow: ;) :D :D :D

Give her a pat and hug for us and let me know if I can do anything....:dontknow:

Ok, now I see. I was getting confused with all the same avatars. Got ya.

D - I understand; nuff said. Good luck.

The Grand Kids send their love and prayers out to Willow also.

Our thoughts and prayers are also with you at this time Tim.

May god see the way to reunite you with Willow soon.

Silverback said:

Uhhhhh....Silver dem are kats???:confused: :D ;)

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Uhhhhh....Silver dem are kats???:confused: :D ;)

Yeah, I know. But they are the only "Grand Children" I have at this time. I also have to add, that I'm in no hurry to have any two legged ones.

Silverback said:

Thanks John...Thanks so very much.....

Azmal said:
Ok, now I see. I was getting confused with all the same avatars. Got ya.

D - I understand; nuff said. Good luck.

Thanks brother...I appreciate it....

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
God Bless

Thanks Jeffy....

Tim

Last edited:
Tim- I hope things turn out well for Willow. It sounds like you have good vets that can handle the situation. She's young and strong. I'm sure she'll be fine. It's the 'not knowing' part that sucks, for everyone.

Try to get some rest. You'll need it for when she's back home. :)

You know my phone's always on.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back