My truck got broke into.

robwclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man guys I am really pissed and just want to vent. Thiefs took my custom subwoofer inclosure with 12" Infinity sub, my factory shifter ball, new in box mopar parksense kit(I was gonna be the 1st SRT10 with parksense) laptop, MyGiG nav radio, & yanked the wiring out of my lockpick, all my CD's & DVD's, & who knows what else. On top of that they broke out my driver window. My truck is sitting right in front of our restaraunt under decent lighted conditions. Really took some balls to do it. The engine is out of it so I cant drive it home. This really isnt a bad part of town and havent had any problems like this in a few years. I have another 04 model sitting there, they didnt touch it as they wanted my sweet speaker setup. They left the B&M shifter though, just took the factory ball because it was laying on the floor. They also broke into a 97 Ram 1500 I took in trade just to steal the Kenwood radio out of it, but still broke the driver glass(worst part). The cop that took the report says the night shift must have been sleeping on duty as the same POS's broke into vehicles at 4 other locations on my street, and did so in a very risky mannor. Doubt we ever catch 'em. Really sux guys, now I have to get another shifter knob. Anyone got one they want to sell? Also, anyone have any speaker inclosures for a RC they want to part with, or I would consider putting the factory sub back in if anyone has one of those they want to sell? Thanks for reading my vent.

Fckin no good, rotten sunzabitches....... :mad:

Sorry, bro....

D

Last edited:
Sorry for your bad luck.
They sure were bold to hit that many vehicles
I hate a thief worse than just about anything.

Hope they catch whoever did this.

GADodgetech said:
Why ws it parked in fronnt of a resteraunt withiout a motor?

Yea I really dont like leaving it out at night, but Im here until 9 or 10 most every night. I keep meaning to have it towed to my house, but my ol lady gonna B about it sitting in the driveway, plus its against my neighborhood policy to park a non-running vehicle in your own drive. I have a couple of neighbors who are jerks and would most certainly call it in if they could tell the engine was out.

But yeah, to answer your question my truck is just sitting in an up front parking spot by the front door under good lighting without an engine or trans in it. Hell I cant even latch the hood down, next they will prob take goodies from under the hood. . . . . . . DAMMMMM That reminds me, they took my NOS bottle too, and it was freakin full!!!!!!! I forgot about that being in there, but yup, it was actually bolted to the speaker inclosure!! Now im pissed all over again!!! Oh well, "S happens".

Ironhead said:
Get a Rope :mad:

Here in Texas thats what we do too! I'd love about 20 minutes with the POS theif that intruded into my property. I'd like to just pull a gun out and blow his worthless brains out. I bet I'd do it too, if I could. Unless its a 16 yr old kid or somethin, then I would just beat the tar out of him.

robwclark said:
Yea I really dont like leaving it out at night, but Im here until 9 or 10 most every night. I keep meaning to have it towed to my house, but my ol lady gonna B about it sitting in the driveway, plus its against my neighborhood policy to park a non-running vehicle in your own drive. I have a couple of neighbors who are jerks and would most certainly call it in if they could tell the engine was out.

But yeah, to answer your question my truck is just sitting in an up front parking spot by the front door under good lighting without an engine or trans in it. Hell I cant even latch the hood down, next they will prob take goodies from under the hood. . . . . . . DAMMMMM That reminds me, they took my NOS bottle too, and it was freakin full!!!!!!! I forgot about that being in there, but yup, it was actually bolted to the speaker inclosure!! Now im pissed all over again!!! Oh well, "S happens".
Insurance?

GADodgetech said:
Insurance?

Oh no way, Im not claiming that. I have a $1000 deductable, and my rate might increase. My policy if a "blanket policy" that covers "all owned autos" as it reads. Which really sux cause the premium runs over $11,000 a year.

robwclark said:
Oh no way, Im not claiming that. I have a $1000 deductable, and my rate might increase. My policy if a "blanket policy" that covers "all owned autos" as it reads. Which really sux cause the premium runs over $11,000 a year.
Hope you get it sorted out bro

robwclark said:
Man guys I am really pissed and just want to vent. Thiefs took my custom subwoofer inclosure with 12" Infinity sub, my factory shifter ball, new in box mopar parksense kit(I was gonna be the 1st SRT10 with parksense) laptop, MyGiG nav radio, & yanked the wiring out of my lockpick, all my CD's & DVD's, & who knows what else. On top of that they broke out my driver window. My truck is sitting right in front of our restaraunt under decent lighted conditions. Really took some balls to do it. The engine is out of it so I cant drive it home. This really isnt a bad part of town and havent had any problems like this in a few years. I have another 04 model sitting there, they didnt touch it as they wanted my sweet speaker setup. They left the B&M shifter though, just took the factory ball because it was laying on the floor. They also broke into a 97 Ram 1500 I took in trade just to steal the Kenwood radio out of it, but still broke the driver glass(worst part). The cop that took the report says the night shift must have been sleeping on duty as the same POS's broke into vehicles at 4 other locations on my street, and did so in a very risky mannor. Doubt we ever catch 'em. Really sux guys, now I have to get another shifter knob. Anyone got one they want to sell? Also, anyone have any speaker inclosures for a RC they want to part with, or I would consider putting the factory sub back in if anyone has one of those they want to sell? Thanks for reading my vent.

Man that's some BS...I have a factory sub no box if you want it. Just let me know.

Need for Speed said:
Man that's some BS...I have a factory sub no box if you want it. Just let me know.

Thanks Rob, but If I use a factory box I was gonna replace the factory infinity sub anyway. Imma do exactly what you did. I really appreciate your offer though.

SHU-DOG said:
If you want i think i have my stock shifter ball sitting around somewhere.

Urs if you want it.

Let me know.

SHU

That would be awesome if you find it. I'll certainly pay you whatever you want for it. Mines prolly being used a baseball on the eastside right now. Thanks, and lemme know if you find it.

sucks man! i had this happen to my work car last year, had to drive 2 days or so with no window in the car. think mine were crack heads cuz they damaged the stuff they stole by not taking it out slowly.
hope ya can resume normal activity soon.

scoobert said:
sucks man! i had this happen to my work car last year, had to drive 2 days or so with no window in the car. think mine were crack heads cuz they damaged the stuff they stole by not taking it out slowly.
hope ya can resume normal activity soon.

Well scoob, I already had the glass replaced, it was surprisingly cheap, I think $165 installed and they came to my location too. The 97 model was about the same. I get a heathy discount as I do on everything in this small town I grew up in. I think reg cost would have been about $250. I just taped it up with plastic until it got fixed. This happened a couple days ago. Trucks just sitting anyway.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back