My twins have arrived!

I plan on feeding mine by tapping the water pump outlet nipple. It is a 3/8" NPT x hosebarb fitting. Install a tee and reattach the the heater hose. Leave another tee to feed both turbos. I plan on bending some 1/2" stainless tubing to each turbo. The return side is is the lower of the heater hose connections.

ReRoute the heater hose along the passenger fender over to the oil cooler to get it out of the way and the other along the top of the valve cover beside the fuel rail with some braided hose

The turbos need to be lower than the heatercore so they will always be flooded. Even if they steam off after shutdown the coolant needs to flowback into the turbo. Just my 2 cents

Well I'm going through everything on the truck like NASA does with the space shuttle before a launch. Lol! Just put in the refreshed suncoast and Tcs converter, new JTSVP wires, going through all my vacuum lines and any hoses that need protecting, gotta get the stud holes adjusted on the turbo manifolds where the number 6 cylinder is cause they are not lining up with the holes on the head, then getting them ceramic coated, gotta still order all the lines for oil, water, ect and plumbing to and from the intercooler, and some other things to do. The good thing is that I took it all off over a year ago and now that I'm getting a whole new system it's easy for me to put all on. Lol should be done in about a month and a half.

NASA might be a bad example bro lol

They have a history of shit blowing up

I plan on feeding mine by tapping the water pump outlet nipple. It is a 3/8" NPT x hosebarb fitting. Install a tee and reattach the the heater hose. Leave another tee to feed both turbos. I plan on bending some 1/2" stainless tubing to each turbo. The return side is is the lower of the heater hose connections.

The way the drawing shows on turbonetics is that the water line on the outgoing side of the turbo should be tee'd into the heater core hose at a higher level than the turbo because they say the hot water will work its way up and the incoming water line on the turbo should be coming into it from an equal or lower point than the turbo. Does it matter which line I use that is supplying the turbo. I mean there is two points where the heater core hose enters the block and one is higher than the other? Which one is going to the heater core and which one comes from the heater core?I'm gonna assume the line that circulates water from the heater core is gonna have the cooler water in it and I would use that on the intake side of the turbo.

the inlet to the heater core comes from the water pump. the outlet of the heater core goes to the oil cooler .

teeing into the highside of the waterpump then routing through the turbos, and then to the lowside of the pump, will work great when the truck is running, but won't be as effective once you shut the truck off. the coolant won't be able to flow by convection unless the tubing from the turbo is uphill to the heatercore. How do we make this look good? hmm.... Have to disconnect the highside hose from the waterpump then route the coolant through the turbos and then tie back into the heater hose at the heatercore. making sure there are no dips in the tubing.

Last edited:
teeing into the highside of the waterpump then routing through the turbos, and then to the lowside of the pump, will work great when the truck is running, but won't be as effective once you shut the truck off. the coolant won't be able to flow by convection unless the tubing from the turbo is uphill to the heatercore. How do we make this look good? hmm.... Have to disconnect the highside hose from the waterpump then route the coolant through the turbos and then tie back into the heater hose at the heatercore. making sure there are no dips in the tubing.

Exactly, that's what I was saying. The hot side of the turbo needs to be tee'd into the heater core hose at a higher point that the turbo is. That way from my understanding the siphoning effect of the hot water from the turbo still flows upward to after motor is shut off. The inlet side of the turbo can be connected to a hose at an equal or lower level of the turbo.

Making all this tubing look good and effective is going to be a challenge. Lol! I'm gonna use braided line for one for cosmetic purposes.

Also going to have a tee made that has two 6an threaded males so I can run both turbo lines to one point without having to have two tee's. for each turbo

It is going to be a challenge! I am going to use stainless tubing. Fringe benefits from my place of employment.

It is going to be a challenge! I am going to use stainless tubing. Fringe benefits from my place of employment.

Nice and u will be able to custom route them! Ill run both hot lines to one tee and both feeder lines from the other tee

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back