My Weight Reduction

Ramdude, Google "bumpers" it'll tell you right there that they are not crash protection. And our bumpers do not have shocks on them they are bolted directly to the frame. How you hit something at 50mph without totalling your truck I don't know, considering they are only designed to take about a 30mph impact

So I just got an accurate weight on the drivers side power seat and armrest combo. I use a cloth manual seat from a 93 Ram when I race. I have my seat bracket cut on the passenger side so I can lift out each seat seperatly. The passenger SRT seat is manual (04 RC) and weighs 48 lbs with bracket and 4 bolts. The cloth manual seat fron the 93 Ram weighs 45.5 lbs. The center folding armrest is still attached to the seat bracket on the drivers power seat, along with the amp for the stero. I just unplug the amp and seat and its 4 bolts and out. I weighed the power seat/armrest and it weighs 96.5 lbs. Wow, I'm saving 51 lbs with the cloth seat. The package tray behind the seats weighs 10.5 lbs and the subwoofer weighs 14 lbs. So when I race I'm saving 125.5 lbs out of the interior. (51+48+10.5+14=125.5)

Last edited:
So I just got an accurate weight on the drivers side power seat and armrest combo. I use a cloth manual seat from a 93 Ram when I race. I have my seat bracket cut on the passenger side so I can lift out each seat seperatly. The passenger SRT seat is manual (04 RC) and weighs 48 lbs with bracket and 4 bolts. The cloth manual seat fron the 93 Ram weighs 45.5 lbs. The center folding armrest is still attached to the seat bracket on the drivers power seat, along with the amp for the stero. I just unplug the amp and seat and its 4 bolts and out. I weighed the power seat/armrest and it weighs 96.5 lbs. Wow, I'm saving 51 lbs with the cloth seat. The package tray behind the seats weighs 10.5 lbs and the subwoofer weighs 14 lbs. So when I race I'm saving 125.5 lbs out of the interior. (51+48+10.5+14=125.5)

Hmmm for another 125lbs it would be worth it.....

I just pulled all my seats out. Driving on a milk crate saved 45 pounds !!!! Im gonna fly at the track tonight

Hmmm for another 125lbs it would be worth it.....
I know! Now with my interior back in the truck looks pure stock.....no one has any idea except all my buddies here on the VTCOA.:rock: Hey Justin...find you a set of work truck doors (manual windows are cheaper) and gut those suckers and save another 180-200 lbs. Altogether I'm saving 710 lbs over stock street weight. I was at 5,000 lbs with 1/4 tank and now race weight is 4290 lbs.

Last edited:
I know! Now with my interior back in the truck looks pure stock.....no one has any idea except all my buddies here on the VTCOA.:rock: Hey Justin...find you a set of work truck doors (manual windows are cheaper) and gut those suckers and save another 180-200 lbs. Altogether I'm saving 710 lbs over stock street weight. I was at 5,000 lbs with 1/4 tank and now race weight is 4290 lbs.

i'm going to cut up the factroy doors, if i screw it up ill just buy a replacment. i want my street weight and track weight to be as close as i can get them. My goal is to have the truck look totally stock, with just wheels and tires at the track.

here is a picture of how the bumper fits with out the steel under it, still have to put my fog lights back in and find a way to block off the lower grills so it's more areodynamic

IMAG0038.jpg

Ramdude, Google "bumpers" it'll tell you right there that they are not crash protection. And our bumpers do not have shocks on them they are bolted directly to the frame. How you hit something at 50mph without totalling your truck I don't know, considering they are only designed to take about a 30mph impact

Na truck was not to banged up to be honest with ya.

hit a new at the time 2010 ford. smashed that car to hell.

All i am saying is that I would not cut mine up, what you guys do... is well whatever you want it's your truck.

Just double checked reg cab is 5130 total curb swift And quad cab is 5618 which is 479 pounds more Per car and driver not much more weight but the auto kills the speed

Just double checked reg cab is 5130 total curb swift And quad cab is 5618 which is 479 pounds more Per car and driver not much more weight but the auto kills the speed
My 2004 RC was 5,000 lbs with an aftermarket bedcover, without me in it and 1/4 tank of gas. Bedcover was 120 lbs , so stock weight on an 04 I would guess is around 4,880 lbs.

My 2004 RC was 5,000 lbs with an aftermarket bedcover, without me in it and 1/4 tank of gas. Bedcover was 120 lbs , so stock weight on an 04 I would guess is around 4,880 lbs.

If you google on wiki it says the 5130 lbs that's where I got that number from

I know Im new but don't they all come with bed covers I have a QC so I don't know about the particulars of your truck. Also you said you were 4880 without cover and about quarter tank twenty gallons would be about 150 pounds more so fully full of all liquids off show room floor the 5130 is probably closer then you think. I do appreciate the info though not trying to argue just tying to learn and figure out more as I go. Thanks for helping.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back