My Weight Reduction

fastestbrickonearth said:
find a scale yet ?
hahaha no not yet.. i've taken some more off the rear end though an d i personally have lost about 20 pounds! lol

Spent about 4 hours cutting out center and bottom and support brackets off front bumper was able to drop 23.4 lbs per scale

Spent about 4 hours cutting out center and bottom and support brackets off front bumper was able to drop 23.4 lbs per scale

Just drop the whole steel bumper, I still have to finish up some small things on mine but it just has the bumper cover held on with some aluminum. Lost enough weight that the front end of the truck is sitting higher, so I've got to yank the springs and cut them as well

Damn bro, If you get hit. all of your impact support is just about gone.

cutting up bumpers is not safe to do.

Damn bro, If you get hit. all of your impact support is just about gone.

cutting up bumpers is not safe to do.

To some extent I agree which is why I left the bumper brackets and the top part of the bumper. I cut out the center and the bottom portion and took the bracket off of the bottom valance as it's not needed at that point. Was able to keep the valance on though without any problems.

Just drop the whole steel bumper, I still have to finish up some small things on mine but it just has the bumper cover held on with some aluminum. Lost enough weight that the front end of the truck is sitting higher, so I've got to yank the springs and cut them as well

That is nuts I think it would be super bad ass but as it's my daily driver I don't think that would be the best idea for me. Let me know how it works out though might consider it in the future.

Bumpers are not crash protection, they are to limit damage from 5mph impacts

I disagree with you, I had a driver pull in front of me when i just bought the truck, hit him doing 50mph. bumper took alot of impact. twisted it up pretty good.

roll through a inspection station with that and see what happens, FAIL.

in saying, if my bumpers were cut like his, I believe the damage would of been alot more then it was.

But if you want to get rid of more weight get rid of the bumper shocks, and replace with lightweight metals.

bet you thats 20 pounds by its self.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back