New best time for Trainman

Trainman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got home from Sacramento and I am somewhat pleased and disappointed at the same time.I did set a new record for myself but it could have been much better had the starting line been up to par. I made three runs today to test out the new Ported Intake from Form and Function Performance in conjunction with DC Performance. Thanks guys for all the effort.
Here are my three runs in order. The weather was sunny and about 63 degrees. My first run I tried to get aggresive and leave at 3200 RPM but spun like crazy...plus I missed 3rd gear...anyway here are the numbers: 60'=1.997, 1/4 mile et= 12.985 @ 109.452 mph. I waited about 1 hour to cool down and my second run was the record...still a lousy 60' time.... left the line at about 2500 rpm with some spin then a slight bog,60'=1.951, 1/8 mile ET=7.987, 1/8 mile mph=89.364, 1/4 mile ET= 12.354 @ 113.224 MPH:rock:
I waited about 20 minutes before my last run and the shadows were creeping across the starting line so I was worried about the track cooling . I left the line at about 2800 rpm and spun to a 60' of 1.949, 1/8 mile [email protected] mph, 1/4 mile ET= 12.410 @ 113.051 MPH.
The reason I was disappointed is because if I had had even a decent 1.85
60', just 1/10th better, that would have been two tenths on the other end and I would have had close to a 12.15 ET. I will be talking to John at M&H this next week. My current Drag radials are about 3 seasons old and that may be my problem.....Hmmmm... maybe I'll go for smaller rear brakes and some full slicks on 16" wheels...Yeah, thats the ticket....If I can cut a 1.75 or 1.65 60' then I think an 11 second pass is possible.

Trainman said:
Just got home from Sacramento and I am somewhat pleased and disappointed at the same time.I did set a new record for myself but it could have been much better had the starting line been up to par. I made three runs today to test out the new Ported Intake from Form and Function Performance in conjunction with DC Performance. Thanks guys for all the effort.
Here are my three runs in order. The weather was sunny and about 63 degrees. My first run I tried to get aggresive and leave at 3200 RPM but spun like crazy...plus I missed 3rd gear...anyway here are the numbers: 60'=1.997, 1/4 mile et= 12.985 @ 109.452 mph. I waited about 1 hour to cool down and my second run was the record...still a lousy 60' time.... left the line at about 2500 rpm with some spin then a slight bog,60'=1.951, 1/8 mile ET=7.987, 1/8 mile mph=89.364, 1/4 mile ET= 12.354 @ 113.224 MPH:rock:
I waited about 20 minutes before my last run and the shadows were creeping across the starting line so I was worried about the track cooling . I left the line at about 2800 rpm and spun to a 60' of 1.949, 1/8 mile [email protected] mph, 1/4 mile ET= 12.410 @ 113.051 MPH.
60', just 1/10th better, that would have been two tenths on the other end and I would have had close to a 12.15 ET. I will be talking to John at M&H this next week. My current Drag radials are about 3 seasons old and that may be my problem.....Hmmmm... maybe I'll go for smaller rear brakes and some full slicks on 16" wheels...Yeah, thats the ticket....If I can cut a 1.75 or 1.65 60' then I think an 11 second pass is possible.

:eek: OMG :eek: I did not just read that :p :p :p Good times Jerry!! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Next time we won't be missing 3rd either :dontknow: :D :p

I just noticed Jerry's post count - I could have sworn you've said more than that since I've known you :dontknow: ;)

Hey 2 out of 3 ain't bad? Hey Wifey...that was your intake that set the new record!

Trainman said:
Hey 2 out of 3 ain't bad? Hey Wifey...that was your intake that set the new record!

I know :rock: :rock: We rock :D :D :D :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

I'm elated to be part of it ;) ;) ;)

Trainman said:

Looks like you lost a bit of torque with the intake.??... I don't know if the intake was the only change... I see DC is mentioned, did you try a bit tighter tune on the bottom to compensate or is the timing maxed now??

Last edited:
Congrats Trainman. Crazy train will be dedicated to you.:burnout: :burnout: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Trainman said:

Real nice! :congrats:

Ronnie...see the results reported on the "Ported Intake Results" thread , I lost a little torque below 3800 but gained almost an average of 10 ftlbs from 4500-6000. And no the tune was not changed from where it was set a couple of years ago.

Trainman said:
Ronnie...see the results reported on the "Ported Intake Results" thread , I lost a little torque below 3800 but gained almost an average of 10 ftlbs from 4500-6000. And no the tune was not changed from where it was set a couple of years ago.
So then your saying for you guys that are NA it is worth doing the intake?:D

Trainman said:

These engines, esp. with the o.e.m. heads, seem VERY responsive to an increase in static c.r. and/or ragged edge timing (typical Mopar).

It is good to see those (like yourself) trying new things with these engines. There isn't a lot of the CORRECT information available and even fewer people willing to share it.

Congrats again...:rock:

Rotten (anxious to get to a sea-level track) Ronnie

Last edited:
DevilDawg3097 said:
So then your saying for you guys that are NA it is worth doing the intake?:D

Only if you're NUTS like me and need every last ounce of power without Supercharging, Using turbos or Nitrous...:)

Trainman said:
Only if you're NUTS like me and need every last ounce of power without Supercharging, Using turbos or Nitrous...:)
well yes and no. People forget every little 1/10 helps when your racing so I appauld you for goin left when everyone went right. Now if you want to reduce weight and be the first NA in th 10's which i believe is achieveable,PM me, just have to think out of the box:p Great times man gonna have to get you to run my truck fastest trap was 113 at 12.8:burnout: :burnout: best time was 12.6 @103 so I am pretty sure you driving my truck you can make the fastest s/c unless Prof wants to let you drive his:rock: :rock: Gongrats again

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back