NEW ENGLAND GTG 4/29/09

Joemags and Trekker,

what ferry are you guys taking? 10am ferry gets us to B'Port at about 11:15 l think. l can't see it being busy, but l want to make a reservation for ferry, so l'd like to go with you guys as well.

weather permitting, Fastbill is in with the Mrs...

sounds good let me know ill meet you guys off the ferry if i have to

end of next week im gonna need a head count weather your not sure and how many are coming with you kids even if i need booster chairs for any young ones. im also gonna ask if i can block off some spots for parking if thats ok

fastbill said:
Joemags and Trekker,

what ferry are you guys taking? 10am ferry gets us to B'Port at about 11:15 l think. l can't see it being busy, but l want to make a reservation for ferry, so l'd like to go with you guys as well.

weather permitting, Fastbill is in with the Mrs...

I am good for any time. At that time, the ferry will be empty. I am in Port Jefferson all the time so I can vouch that reservations should not be an issue.

cool, Treker. which one do you want to catch? doesn't matter to me. Coming back is the issue, l kinda need to be back to Port around 5 or so, but we certainly don't have to catch the same one coming back. l was only going to call to make a reservation for the lower deck so l didn't have to worry about going up side ramps, and to ask that l (we) weren't right up against the chain getting salt spray all over anything.. if we get the 9 am we'll be to Tx Roadhouse by 10:45 l'd imagine, right ctsrt10? gives us a little time to wipe off the bugs... ctsrt10, me and my wife will be going. only variable is arrival time, and weather... l think meeting somewhere in B'Port would be good. Thanks, and see you soon.

fastbill said:
cool, Treker. which one do you want to catch? doesn't matter to me. Coming back is the issue, l kinda need to be back to Port around 5 or so, but we certainly don't have to catch the same one coming back. l was only going to call to make a reservation for the lower deck so l didn't have to worry about going up side ramps, and to ask that l (we) weren't right up against the chain getting salt spray all over anything.. if we get the 9 am we'll be to Tx Roadhouse by 10:45 l'd imagine, right ctsrt10? gives us a little time to wipe off the bugs... ctsrt10, me and my wife will be going. only variable is arrival time, and weather... l think meeting somewhere in B'Port would be good. Thanks, and see you soon.

I would think that the 9am ferry might be a little early but no prob.The place is only 10-15 mins away from the ferry. I will take care of the reservations in the next week or so. I will be there in the next few days or so. The ferry should be fine for the trucks but i will talk to them and make sure they take care of us.

If it is raining however, I will not be going. I expect Mags won't either since his truck is terrified of clouds.

So great... Pickup trucks that dont go out in the rain. Very close to being an oxymoron.

For Mags, it is actually passed being one. ;)

if you guys can come here for 10:45 great i need some one at the road house @11 to give a heads up that where coming i will call the night before to give a warning to them. as said b4 if theres rain no gtg. scott its in your hand to bring the trucks over safely with out sinking the boat, OH YEAH IS VIPERGIRL GONNA BE WITH YOU???? LMAO thanks paul

Ferry times are 9:00 and 10:30. The 10:30 gets us in BP at 11:45.

I met with them yesterday and told them about our precious trucks needs. The day we go, we need to just talk to the dock master and they will hook us up. In order to make reservations in advance, we have to pay $51 so I say we wait another week to see what the weather is going to be like before we commit. If we take 9:00 ferry, we will be there @ 10:15. So if we are meeting at 12 to eat, we will miss the photo op.

Lets discuss further.

Treker,
l'm fine with whichever one you want to catch. If you want to hook up so l can give you some cash for a reservation, that's no problem. Or l can do my own res if we decide which one to take. lf it helps the cause to get there a little early, that's fine with me. Let's try to get some input from our convoy members and work it out... PS, thanks for talking to the ferry guys ahead of time.

l'm also trying to work on getting the Banner for the GTG. l think Whitesnake has it, and l've PM'ed him hoping to get it sent to me or another one of us. l'm a newbie here, but maybe one of you vets can help as well.

hey that sounds like a good idea let me know if you need a hand im working like crazy to make sure we have everything in line. if anyone needs any info please call me 203 909 0039 thanks paul

fastbill said:
l'm also trying to work on getting the Banner for the GTG. l think Whitesnake has it, and l've PM'ed him hoping to get it sent to me or another one of us. l'm a newbie here, but maybe one of you vets can help as well.

That's a Great Idea Bud ....

Not sure if I could help in any way, if so Just ask -- Tell Me:D ....

Paul ....... You all set Bud,:dontknow: same deal, If I can help out just give me a call.:rock:

Update ....

ctsrt10 - Originator (thanks)
Bigworm - checkin miles
nycsteve - The patient has recovered, He's there ...
DrPierceMD - allways welcome, with or without truck
Dominic & Juliana - Still up in the air, may be on call, Hoping not...
Treker - Wouldn't miss it
Joe mags - Got him Thinkin about it
BMAKO - If the shop cooperates
Dead End Cruiser - New Blood, More than Welcome
Fast Bill - No worries, Pauls got ya covered
Scoobert - Looks like a strong Maybe ... know in a couple weeks
Jimtete - Looking forward to it

DID I MISS anybody :questionmark:

ARE THERE ANYMORE TRUCKS OUT THERE .... all welcome, TWO WEEKS AWAY :rock: :rock: :rock:

The Pics and The great company .... well worth the ride.

Jim

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back