New Hood Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did nothing to the inside of the hood but I'm planning on do something with the original hoodliner.

blackviper said:
CIMG4995.jpg

That hood looks incredible. IF I could build my "dream hood".. Here's what I would do...
1) Keep the side vents exactly how they're done on your hood.
2) Make the hood scoop 3-4 inches taller, with no grille in the vent.
3) Finish and paint the underside of the hood,, no hoodliner.

portlandsrt said:
That hood looks incredible. IF I could build my "dream hood".. Here's what I would do...

I think you're on to something. With all that addional room, I'd try to manage a way to make a functional intake inlet through the hood. ;) Something WAY more sexy than the Volant System. . . :rock:

portlandsrt said:

That 3-4 inches taller would look sick, that's what I was hoping was done with this hood when I saw the initial picture. Something would need to be done with no grill being there though. I took mine out to see how it looked. Much to blah IMO. You can see too much in there. Not sure how to cosmetically fix that. I think something would need to be molded in there.

I just spoke to the ass mgr of the fiberglass shop and GOOD NEWS,

It's a small world. The asst manager was vacationing at panama the same time as the GTG and is fully aware of the club and is excited about doing the project.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I have a meeting with the HMFIC tomorrow.

I plan on making the hood scoop taller but not to the point that it looks tacky and keep the vents about the same.

Last edited:
would this work for a pattern for what they need supercar? I figure it might make it a little easier on them and they wouldnt have to damage a good hood?
what I would change on this one tho is the rear would need to be open and the vents functional. to get rid of heat.

Attachments

• Picture 544.jpg
    Picture 544.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Picture 543.jpg
    Picture 543.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Picture 542.jpg
    Picture 542.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture 541.jpg
    Picture 541.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Picture 540.jpg
    Picture 540.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 65
Stinker said:
would this work for a pattern for what they need supercar? I figure it might make it a little easier on them and they wouldnt have to damage a good hood?
what I would change on this one tho is the rear would need to be open and the vents functional. to get rid of heat.

Looks pretty darn close to me!

Well since the motor blew I was gonna work on it this winter and make the rear open and the vents functional to remove heat from the turbos.

but bo if it would help these guys get a kick ass hood, you just let me know, you are more than welcome to use it:rock:

the dumbass delivery company stepped on it or something and it has a cracked area around the scoop, I kinda got pissed because they wouldnt do anything about it and put it in back of the mower for a couple years:argh:

Stinker said:
Well since the motor blew I was gonna work on it this winter and make the rear open and the vents functional to remove heat from the turbos.

but bo if it would help these guys get a kick ass hood, you just let me know, you are more than welcome to use it:rock:

the dumbass delivery company stepped on it or something and it has a cracked area around the scoop, I kinda got pissed because they wouldnt do anything about it and put it in back of the mower for a couple years:argh:

PM SENT

. . . If I may butt in here. . .

Stinker, the shape of the scoop on that hood is all wrong (in my opinion). I'd love to see the stock styling retained, only taller. The "fangs" on that hood just don't do a thing for me. :eek:

If we're gonna do this, we need to do it right. Hell, I'll donate my hood if I have to. . .

No noodle you hush:p the shape of the hood is the same, but I agree the front of the scoop should look like the oem, and the vents I think would look better like the viper style, its jsut a thought, i would hate to see anyones hood trashed, and this way they could at least get a starting mold and work from there.

Stinker said:
No noodle you hush:p the shape of the hood is the same, but I agree the front of the scoop should look like the oem, and the vents I think would look better like the viper style, its jsut a thought, i would hate to see anyones hood trashed, and this way they could at least get a starting mold and work from there.

Y'all I plan to duplicate the factory hood and vents.

The only change is to increase the scoop hight, but not soooo high that it would look tacky.

supercar1of1 said:

Y'all I plan to duplicate the factory hood and vents.

The only change is to increase the scoop hight, but not soooo high that it would look tacky.

anything above stock scoop height would look like crapola:puke:
IMVHO
:rock: :rock: :rock:

pro stock hood scoop??????

Last edited:
Def. interested in this. Let us know some pricing after the meeting. Very excited about this project.

Roz-SRT said:
. . . If I may butt in here. . .

Stinker, the shape of the scoop on that hood is all wrong (in my opinion). I'd love to see the stock styling retained, only taller. The "fangs" on that hood just don't do a thing for me. :eek:

If we're gonna do this, we need to do it right. Hell, I'll donate my hood if I have to. . .

Got to agree with Roz,the front of that soop looks all wrong !!!

:dito: :dito: :dito:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back