New member with *gasp* another gearing question...

Hmmm, ok. Thanks for the suggestion that would be useful for sure. I have driven a handful of 12 second cars on the street and was a little underwhelmed by this truck. I hear ya about the burn out machine and disadvantage of shifting into OD on the track. I won't be hitting the strip too often, especially now that they've closed both of my local tracks, poo poo on that. I do really appreciate the welcoming and did not mean to come across as smug earlier. I may be in the running for a supercharged RC, that should satisfy the acceleration itch :D

Hmmm, ok. Thanks for the suggestion that would be useful for sure. I have driven a handful of 12 second cars on the street and was a little underwhelmed by this truck. I hear ya about the burn out machine and disadvantage of shifting into OD on the track. I won't be hitting the strip too often, especially now that they've closed both of my local tracks, poo poo on that. I do really appreciate the welcoming and did not mean to come across as smug earlier. I may be in the running for a supercharged RC, that should satisfy the acceleration itch :D

Firebird is re-opening in October, FYI.

Weight reduction is where it's at. My truck weighs 4990# with driver in race mode.

Here's a video of my Cadillac beating a 2014 Shelby GT500 (662 hp) and on this run the Cadillac is exactly 1 second slower than my best ET for the SRT-10 (12.63 vs 11.63)....although the DA and Temp were terrible on the CTS V run. Enjoy

Train man vs Shelby GT500 - YouTube

How is your truck 400 pounds lighter than Justins?

My 4570 is my STREET weight, with the 22's and full interior. Trainmans 4100 is race weight with slicks and skinnys, race seat and race doors. My race weight(which thus far is just swapping rims is around 4400)

Yea indeed it was a GT500, a 'vert though which is a pig itself. I definitely did not mean to put Kyle on blast, his truck is super clean and a great dude to boot!

How is your truck 400 pounds lighter than Justins?

Because it is!

And maybe because I have race DOORS (on raceday) and I have 1 aluminum race seat on race day.......(Doors about 180 lbs less, factory seats, subwoofer and tray about 145 lbs less, and finally the tailgate is 60 lbs.................Bam!:rock:............ Oh and I have fiberglass fenders, and a carbon fiber hood.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back