New Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
infantry30 said:
cool I'm in Bco 2-8 Cav here in Ft hood. as for the stockers I'm going to keep them and use them for winter. I'm going to put the 22's Voodoos on cause I just bought them for my bee and I really dont want to get ride of them. Ok first mod question which do you reccomend the DC stage II PCM or the handheld programmer from SCT? Also what type of rwhp gains do they put out?

You'll have to get in on the next g2g. I've been seeing a red QC over here on west fort hood too.
I think pretty much everybody will recommend the SCT. I have one ordered, but have not recieved it yet.

infantry30 said:
Oh yeah alittle about me I'm a American Soldier I'm from Pa but stationed down here in Ft hood Texas
Welcome from PA!:beer:

Nice truck!:D

Welcome:rock: A stage 2 Flash is a must on all quads because they are detuned. Also A must with the flash is the 170 T-stat

Cool thanks for the info How much does a stage 2 flash run? is the sct the same or better?

infantry30 said:
Cool thanks for the info How much does a stage 2 flash run? is the sct the same or better?

The stage 2 and the SCT do pretty much the same things to the truck, but you have more options with the SCT. With the SCT, you can have multiple tunes and go back to stock if you need to. You can get new tunes via email, without having to send your PCM in. Go with the SCT.

so what did you run at the track, i was working in killeen today and saw your truck with the number still on it, so i decided to check the board and BINGO there you are, any ways welcome, i was gonna goto the track lastnight but i was tired and i've got my truck tore apart. but you'll deff. have to get in on the next G2G like brad said.

Yeah man I did a burnout in front of a mustang club lol. I think they are looking for me.. As for the track you know its only a 1/8 I ran 13 times and won 10 my time waw between 9.1-9.3.. I dont know if thats bad for a stock truck or not but I ordered a stage II PCM so when that comes that should help my hp.. As for the G2G is that the lap for Charity thing? Cause if so I have to go to JRTC for the month of May but if its anytime after that I'm in.. Also I want to put Silver CE stripes on my trucdk do you know who I need to contact to get them???

I would say 9.1 is average for a QC. If you let it cool down in between runs, you'll get better results. Heat kills there things, so make sure you install a 170 tstat with that stage 2.
Somebody will chime in about the stripes.
Oh, and have fun at Polk... I was there in 2006 around the same time of the year... it's nice and warm:D

yeah 9.1 eould be 14.0-14.1 in the 1/4 mile, give me a shout next time your gonna head out there i finally got mine back together so i'll prob go out there soon

Welcome to the Family

Hey man I just saw your message tonight I have been working my ass off.. I was heading out there tonight but I ended up driving almost though a tornado lol what luck eh?? I'm heading out there tomorrow night to race here is my cell give me a call if you want to go 254 532-3000. I put the stage 2 in a k&n drop in filter and a 170 stat and I dynoed her today and I was very dissapointed shes only pushing 375 rwhp and 376 ft lbs of torque is that normal?? :dontknow: :(

thank you everyone for the welcome I'm sure you all will give me good advice on what to spend my money on.. I got the stage 2 flash and a K&N and a 170 t-stat put in. Im very happy with the results but I need more power. I was driving at 60 and I punched it and the wheels spun before i knew it i was at 125 mph.. I love this truck killing rustangs is the best part lol

Here is your next mod:

Resized_IMG_0022-1.jpg

lol yeah I want one of them real bad.. I was wondering how long does the stage 2 PCM take to learn your truck ??

Black is definitley the fastest color! And I'd leave the stock wheels on. They look great on our trucks, very distinctive.

Welcome home Infantry30. You have plenty questions that require answers. I don't know if they have been answered yet since I didn't read all of the posts on your thread. You made a fine choice with your change to begin with. The fun shall now begin. As for the Volant ramair, I've known too many people that gave theirs away in disgust. But those are only a few opinions and don't reflect the thoughts and results of everyone. You will learn what works best for you through trial and error. It can get expensive so prepare to put some real mileage on your wallet. Have a blast bro.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back